RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
winx21

dean mckenzie

21 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Henrietta Bedford is spot on. The former NZRB and now RITA have been hijacked by imposters who mainly knew nothing nor cared about racing and saw their positions as stepping stones to other careers.

Pretty shortsighted and nieve to suggest that people that work for a company don't care about it, would be different to any other company any of us have ever worked for.

T.A.B. - Those documents don't specify that racing clubs subscribed the capital if the loan, from banks/s, was only under-written by them. Was told that the loan was quickly repaid so the conclusion was that the T.A. B. owned itself.

Read the book about its history, although a few years ago, and thought the same from that.

It didn't register with me that McKenzie majored in Sport in USA. Thats quite vital information. On here the greatest cheerleader for McKenzie was P4P as he was for Michael Stiassny and Typhoon, John Allen and FOB (OpenBet) collectively thats quite a CV.

Is that true p4p?

You were in favour of typhoon and open bet?

Interesting point about mackenze,maybe his aim is for TAB to be mainly about sport and that is we here his loyalty really lies....

CEO of a mainly sports organisation for future promotion somewhere overseas... 

16 minutes ago, winx21 said:

It didn't register with me that McKenzie majored in Sport in USA. Thats quite vital information. On here the greatest cheerleader for McKenzie was P4P as he was for Michael Stiassny and Typhoon, John Allen and FOB (OpenBet) collectively thats quite a CV.

Is that true p4p?

Interesting point about mackenze,maybe his aim is for TAB to be mainly about sport and that is we here his loyalty really lies....

He was CEO at Wellington and Addington so well versed in Racing matters I would have thought.

He was CEO at Wellington and Addington so well versed in Racing matters I would have thought.

You would think so wouldn't you,

Yet he is ignoring the messara report and pretty much the entire racing industry on how this industry should look going forward

2 hours ago, winx21 said:

Is that true p4p?

Dean is a Chartered Accountant. Has a Masters Degree in Sports Administration and Facility Management from Ohio University.

Has been CEO at the old Jade Stadium as well as Wellington and Addington. RITA and its problems are a bit different I suspect.

4 hours ago, Phar Lap Fan said:

T.A.B. - Those documents don't specify that racing clubs subscribed the capital if the loan, from banks/s, was only under-written by them. Was told that the loan was quickly repaid so the conclusion was that the T.A. B. owned itself.

Read the book about its history, although a few years ago, and thought the same from that.

Without reading everything here and researching subject ,I'd conclude this post sums things up.

The levy to start the organisation which ended up the TAB may have come from club turnover but nowhere does it say the clubs had shares in the Harness/Gallops "Partnership"

These two conferences later took on the greyhounds .....and led on to the NZ Racing Authority.

This Statutory Body became a Crown Entity ,so it would be difficult to strip it back to Club ownership IMO.

26 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

Without reading everything here and researching subject ,I'd conclude this post sums things up.

The levy to start the organisation which ended up the TAB may have come from club turnover but nowhere does it say the clubs had shares in the Harness/Gallops "Partnership"

These two conferences later took on the greyhounds .....and led on to the NZ Racing Authority.

This Statutory Body became a Crown Entity ,so it would be difficult to strip it back to Club ownership IMO.

Yes. It's a silly uninformed argument. If I guarantee a loan for a family member to buy a house say, I don't own the house do I? The IP is a different matter. And who in their right mind would want to own the TAB right now anyway? Though the government and taxpayer could do well to get rid of it.

24 minutes ago, Berri said:

That's not correct. The racing clubs were the underwriters to the loan, not the racing conference or the TAB itself. Therefore ownership vests with the racing clubs.

That's what I said. The clubs underwriting a loan does not give them ownership surely.

David Grant in his book Two Over Three On Goodtime Sugar: The New Zealand TAB turns 50 published in 2000 states on Page 24 “Initially the Board was comprised of six members ( the Presidents of the Racing and Trotting Conferences and two members elected from each Conference”.