RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tripple alliance

Where to Next .

4 weeks lockdown , good but then what .

My neighbours are in deep shit , no money or at least not enough , big mortgages and in lockdown , my tradesman Son , out the door , where does this end , problems every where . 

In no way can we keep borrowing and send businesses to the wall , some how a bold move is required . Everyone will have ideas on how to move forward , this is mine .

Currently I am in isolation just like everyone else , I am on the endangered species list , if it all turns to crap I won't get treatment but should we demolish society for a few old people , NO .

So currently we are all in training and learning , changing lifestyles and adapting , by the end of 4 weeks open up again and get business moving , us oldies will adapt or die . The current death rate is NIL  here , no one in critical care , in Ausse 8 deaths , a hand full in intensive care . The death rate is minimal and the infection rate is probably double but those with minimum effects are not being counted so the actual death rate may be well below 0.4% , is that worth bankrupting future generations , NO  .

A whole lot of restructuring and rethinking has to happen.

Take the case of Cuba. That half wit Trump has put crippling sanctions on Cuba because some billionaire supporter of his doesn't like it trading with Venezuela. Yet Cuba has sent 50 doctors or medical staff to Italy to fight the virus and many in USA are pleading for the Cuban know how to help out. Cuban health industry is respected around the world so why punish Cuba. Just doesn't make sense. But Jacinda Ardern amongst others too scared to speak out if its a criticism of USA.

Many things need to change.

58 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

4 weeks lockdown , good but then what .

My neighbours are in deep shit , no money or at least not enough , big mortgages and in lockdown , my tradesman Son , out the door , where does this end , problems every where . 

In no way can we keep borrowing and send businesses to the wall , some how a bold move is required . Everyone will have ideas on how to move forward , this is mine .

Currently I am in isolation just like everyone else , I am on the endangered species list , if it all turns to crap I won't get treatment but should we demolish society for a few old people , NO .

So currently we are all in training and learning , changing lifestyles and adapting , by the end of 4 weeks open up again and get business moving , us oldies will adapt or die . The current death rate is NIL  here , no one in critical care , in Ausse 8 deaths , a hand full in intensive care . The death rate is minimal and the infection rate is probably double but those with minimum effects are not being counted so the actual death rate may be well below 0.4% , is that worth bankrupting future generations , NO  .

That should have .04% , that's very low , might get worse , might not .

Oldies dropping off the perch isn't much good for racing but that's how it is .

21 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Take the case of Cuba. That half wit Trump has put crippling sanctions on Cuba because some billionaire supporter of his doesn't like it trading with Venezuela. Yet Cuba has sent 50 doctors or medical staff to Italy to fight the virus and many in USA are pleading for the Cuban know how to help out. Cuban health industry is respected around the world so why punish Cuba. Just doesn't make sense. But Jacinda Ardern amongst others too scared to speak out if its a criticism of USA.

When Obama took over I thought that might change but no , he failed miserably at that as well . Cuba might have have sent doctors to Italy but that's for education purposes , if this problem reaches Cuba they might have some understanding of what to do .

1 hour ago, tripple alliance said:

When Obama took over I thought that might change but no , he failed miserably at that as well . Cuba might have have sent doctors to Italy but that's for education purposes , if this problem reaches Cuba they might have some understanding of what to do .

What do you mean Obama failed miserably?  he started the whole normalization process and  Trump had to sabotage it. Offcourse  its also an education or research  purpose but don't forget the courage of these Cubans.

People will start to realize the truth soon so at least this crisis may achieve something.

5 hours ago, slam dunk said:

What do you mean Obama failed miserably?  he started the whole normalization process and  Trump had to sabotage it. Offcourse  its also an education or research  purpose but don't forget the courage of these Cubans.

People will start to realize the truth soon so at least this crisis may achieve something.

Obama had 8 Years to fix the issue , perhaps the tranquilizers he lived on were the problem . People thought  those long pauses in his speeches were thoughtfulness  Nah . Cuba has gone from freedom fighter/dictator to dictator . It will be interesting to see if the virus gets to Cuba , it's an island in long term isolation .

9 hours ago, slam dunk said:

im not sure how much inside information you have regarding Cuba.....

Doctors helping others countries does not offset a oppressive regime... thus your comment regarding a half wit must therefore be based on some other factors!!

and yes many things do need to change!!

start by first weighing up what is important

1 Truths and Facts vs False information & Media Bias

you figure this one out!!! then we dont make silly comments thinking theres a issue with someone!!

but heres something you should take the time to understand.  Then perhaps you can re-evaulate the sum of your thinking and come up with a more logical conclusion

Australian racing continues and perhaps this is why .

Australian death toll mounts to 16 , Australian population  27 million , NZ , 1 death , 4.5 million people .

Two more Australians have died of Covid-19. A Melbourne man in his 80s died in hospital, bringing the number of deaths in Victoria to four. A 75-year-old woman died at Caboolture hospital, after returning to Queensland from the Ruby Princess cruise ship. And New Zealand recorded its first death.

Optimism over latest figures

More than 350 cases were added to the national count on Sunday, but Scott Morrison said the daily rate of increase had declined from 25%-30% a week ago to as low as 9% on Sunday. The health minister, Greg Hunt, went as far as to say there were “early signs of flattening of the curve” and the chief medical officer, Brendan Murphy, suggested there was “evidence that the public health measures that we are putting in place and the social distancing measures are likely to be having some early effect”. But all cautioned that it was too soon to be certain of a solid trend.

MANY unknowns but Ausse is still operating  with limited restrictions and guidance . Some retailers were voluntarily closing because people are controlling their own movements  and staying away . What seems to be happening is those with a higher risk are looking after themselves and the rest are still operating .

Early days , anything can happen but if Ausse gets away with this approach they will be much better placed than us if a second round arrives .

1 hour ago, tripple alliance said:

MANY unknowns but Ausse is still operating  with limited restrictions and guidance . Some retailers were voluntarily closing because people are controlling their own movements  and staying away . What seems to be happening is those with a higher risk are looking after themselves and the rest are still operating .

Early days , anything can happen but if Ausse gets away with this approach they will be much better placed than us if a second round arrives .

I know we all like gambling..... but on this one I'm less inclined to do anything other than take the conservative option. Even you say "many unknowns" and "if" they get away with it.

My guess is Italy and Spain and America (to name a few)  are probably all wishing they acted quicker ????

50 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

I know we all like gambling..... but on this one I'm less inclined to do anything other than take the conservative option. Even you say "many unknowns" and "if" they get away with it.

My guess is Italy and Spain and America (to name a few)  are probably all wishing they acted quicker ????

Italy and Spain love a hug and 3 kisses as a greeting and ignored all advice . The Netherlands and Norway are playing the Ausse game and are doing just as well ., as many experts had expected , time will tell who was right , one things for sure if these country's are right they will be much better off than us . I see comrade cindy is getting economic feet , plenty of backdowns on the horizon .

48 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

What we as a country have done should take the gamble out of the equation to a large extent.People are still crossing our border, people are still violating the lockdown rules even medical pros are risking it all just doing their jobs, but their efforts must not  be wasted by a few selfish twits.If the lockdown only works half as good as we want, it is still twice as good as Aus ,as the numbers WILL show as time rolls on.

7 minutes ago, Nukkledragga said:

What we as a country have done should take the gamble out of the equation to a large extent.People are still crossing our border, people are still violating the lockdown rules even medical pros are risking it all just doing their jobs, but their efforts must not  be wasted by a few selfish twits.If the lockdown only works half as good as we want, it is still twice as good as Aus ,as the numbers WILL show as time rolls on.

As of today the numbers in Australia are similar as ours . Comrade cindy has relaxed the restrictions on people returning home , they are allowed to travel 5 hours into self isolation , gotta wonder .

The so called gamble is guided by political ideology , leftys are happy to head more into dependence , right wing are about self help and achieving . Our economy will suffer more under the lefts current tactic . Older people will die with this virus but many more people will face health and mental issues . Suicides rates will soar when the money and jobs are gone .

59 minutes ago, Gruff said:

US and German numbers interesting,although recovered isnt part of the equation 

BE0E601A-1FEA-4A39-855F-CDF83C0FCD1A.png

The numbers from china compared to the rest show us all what can happen if you go hard, go early.Love them or hate em they put a lid on it , gave the rest of the world a lesson that most have chosen to ignore because of 'ideology', it feels so much better dying OUR way than surviving THEIR way.

21 minutes ago, Nukkledragga said:

The numbers from china compared to the rest show us all what can happen if you go hard, go early.Love them or hate em they put a lid on it , gave the rest of the world a lesson that most have chosen to ignore because of 'ideology', it feels so much better dying OUR way than surviving THEIR way.

How confident are you on the Chinese figures for fatalities , out of 10 maybe 1 being very unsure  and 10 being a paid up member of the communist party .Do you think the thousands and thousands of villages of poor people have been recorded correctly in that vast land .

39 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

How confident are you on the Chinese figures for fatalities , out of 10 maybe 1 being very unsure  and 10 being a paid up member of the communist party .Do you think the thousands and thousands of villages of poor people have been recorded correctly in that vast land .

In todays world it is impossible to keep a lid on information or social media etc so I would give them a provisional 10 just like the rest until there is proof otherwise .There is no reason to think otherwise except 'ideological' bias.

18 minutes ago, Nukkledragga said:

In todays world it is impossible to keep a lid on information or social media etc so I would give them a provisional 10 just like the rest until there is proof otherwise .There is no reason to think otherwise except 'ideological' bias.

Have you been to China ? . There is a lot that don't get mentioned there ,  events from the past,  I dare say Uighers might be off the conversation list too. 

3 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Have you been to China ? . There is a lot that don't get mentioned there ,  events from the past,  I dare say Uighers might be off the conversation list too. 

Reasoned

Arguments

Can

Instigate

Serious

Talk

Mainly

Over

Familiar

Opinions

interesting things taking place in China.. despite the lack of coverage by media....

the interesting part... is the people, despite they know there is a pandemic taking place(health issue)... and for those who choose to rise up against their communist government system.. it really puts the virus on the side of the protesters!!.. afterall the police forces/military may become unfortunate contracters of the virus....

in a country where the government oppress their people... does not leave too many choices for the people to achieve freedom from their oppressors.

4 hours ago, Nukkledragga said:

Only thing is you can’t believe China’s figures. There’s possibly another 30,000 dead they haven’t notified. You wouldn’t know.