RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

And here is another thought.

If after 4 weeks or more without betting will it cure the urge to bet,.....just like smoking once you stop and stay stopped maybe one would stay stopped permanently it might be better for our own finances but not good for the race clubs

Possibly some may "sign the pledge" but with the small number punting on horses anyway wouldn't make much of a dent I wouldn't think.

Lotto only available on line - some may call it a day but again the lure of a big windfall should see only a small downturn during alert 4.    And of course they will dangle the cherries once normality resumes to recover any lost lambs, in fact they will probably go ape to build up what they may have lost moneywise.

The lotto last night were a good spread of numbers but no winner,I suspect that with so much uncertainty sales have taken a dip,I also have noticed it's going online for a while and the draw will just be a computer generated draw so in reality it's not numbered balls at all.

2 hours ago, mikenz said:

If after 4 weeks or more without betting will it cure the urge to bet,.....just like smoking once you stop and stay stopped maybe one would stay stopped permanently it might be better for our own finances but not good for the race clubs

I agree that many folks lifestyles will change for ever....go on new tact !

Some significantly ,especially in areas where many businesses cease and jobs lost.

Probably lucky for many that interest rates on mortgages/debt etc at record lows.

New habits /hobbies will emerge and spending patterns will change once benefits seen from this current restrictive lockdown lifestyle.

Once folk stop gambling , buying 2x coffees daily ,gym membership , petrol saving , takeaway foods '.......their spending will divert.

Many will start working from home !

A TV in every room , e-sports , ,new bikes etc etc