RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Jape

Caliente

I am unsure what has happened here. I was trying to set up a New Topic on the greyhounds in Caliente, Mexico.

Anyway it appears that all races are over 546 yards; there are 7 runners, two divvies, quinellas and trifectas. Just 14 minutes between races, I think, but that seems flexible!

There were two meetings today. The first a matinee, that is morning. 10 races. Then a new code for the 2nd 10 later on. (Shades of Addington on Tuesdays back in the day, although they were 20 races straight from memory.

Numbers 1 and 3 rugs correspond to ours but none of the rest.

I have watched only 2 races but they did seem very competitive and the minor placings especially changed late after the 500 yards point.

When you open up on the Racing section on the TAB website look to the far left. Click on Watch 3 under he Trackside heading. And there it is.  Click on Full Screen if you prefer the big picture.

Jape, you had a Caliente in your domain, bitch by Farloe Melody from Froth trained by Dereck Copeland. Good race dog and left a few group winners from several litters she had down there. I am sure you must have called her in the placings many times.

By the way it was not my memory that discovered this. Brian rang and said he thought Dereck had raced a dog called Caliente at the same stage he raced Individualist down there.

No, I don't think so re the judge's placings, although I certainly do remember Froth, Caliente and a number of others that Derek Copland had. 

In the very early days at QEII,  it seemed to be a case of "Who's judging the next race? Better hurry up". It would be one of the Committee members I believe. I took my turn when I became a Committee member in 1995, having been an assistant steward before that. 

Initially, the racing at QEII was perhaps not far removed from the racing at the Marshland Domain but gradually, with an increasing number of totalisator race meeting dates,  a more professional approach developed.

So, when the CGRC went to Addington in 1997, the Club appointed the harness racing judge, Ernie Fuchs, as its greyhound judge. When Ernie died from cancer in 2003 I took over., having been his assistant for a few years, sharing that with Mike Cross

Froth certainly was a very good bitch and I well remember her winning the 1993 edition of the Canterbury Futurity at QEII for Derek and part-owner Barry Moran, a well-known hotelier and greyhound enthusiast.  By Worth Doing, Froth was whelped in July 1990 and she left Caliente, 8 wins, to Farloe Melody in 1995.