RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Inglis Easter Sales brought Forward

2 minutes ago, Trump said:

You need to take you Meds and quite down instead of ranting like a drunken chook. Facts will always overcome emotive rants.

Agree Trump, been at golf all day and then at the 19th?

11 minutes ago, Insider said:

Why not. Won’t they get married in the future? 
I tend to think that most will, especially if the girls get their way. 
P.S. My last comment is based on a lifetime of experience. 

Hi Insider.  What I am getting at is business will not pick up where it was.  Give it a few months and it will build back up again.  But April, May etc gone (seasonality effect too).  But I will put up with that if it saves life and we get rid of this virus.

Trainers will train winners again.  It just might mean a 3 month wait rather than 4 weeks.  We are all in this together.  We all stop for a month.

Just now, Insider said:

Agree Trump, been at golf all day and then at the 19th?

Have a look at your post. An emotive rant without due consideration of the facts. As for golf? Who plays on Wednesdays? Also, All licensed premises are shut until further notice so the 19th at every golf course is closed. Another fact you’ve missed. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE for Trainers and Training Centres

25 March 2020 , News

In light of the government’s announcement that the country will move to COVID-19 alert level 4 at midnight tonight (25 March) only “essential services” are permitted to operate.

Our advice from the Ministry for Primary Industries confirms that training centres, training stables, agistment properties and stud farms where horses are in containment are considered essential services under animal welfare considerations.

Businesses with more than five people (including the owner) working at each business site, and those businesses with less than 5 people who cannot achieve social distancing between staff, are required to register.  The criteria and registration form can be found here.

The businesses will need to answer 11 questions to provide assurance they have a plan and process to manage infection risks. Much of this will be covered in the HRNZ protocols which will be distributed later today.

In addition to this HRNZ, the New Zealand Trainers and Drivers Association and the Standardbred Breeders Association will provide a template to assist with completing the paperwork in a further communication later today.

MPI has requested that all businesses which need to register do so by 5pm on Friday, 27 March 2020. Businesses will be able to continue operating while going through the registration process.

This is a News Item from the HRNZ site today..

11 hours ago, Trump said:

Notice the action of Wexford and Baker/Forseman and James stable’s sending horses out to spell. No use waiting for direction from NZTR - they’re not decision makers. 

In one month its basically NZ winter, these stables are hardly bastions of  winter racing its an obvious decision for them , the one month out effectively means their season is over. They hardly require a round of applause for it. 

Would have been interesting to see what they would have done if this occurred in Aug/Sept.

13 minutes ago, Huey said:

In one month its basically NZ winter, these stables are hardly bastions of  winter racing its an obvious decision for them , the one month out effectively means their season is over. They hardly require a round of applause for it. 

Would have been interesting to see what they would have done if this occurred in Aug/Sept.

I don't see how they or any other trainers could do anything else Huey. What do you mean?

13 minutes ago, Leggy said:

I don't see how they or any other trainers could do anything else Huey. What do you mean?

What I mean is the fanfare surrounding these announcements appears misplaced, take the 1 month out from here and their season is effectively over i.e. most of their stable going to the paddock in next 4-6 weeks anyway, the pressure is on the stables who normally get horses ready for winter racing do they continue or pull out.

Would have been interesting to hear the reaction from these stables if the lockdown was say July/Aug/Sept which would have completely finished their seasons.

20 minutes ago, Huey said:

What I mean is the fanfare surrounding these announcements appears misplaced, take the 1 month out from here and their season is effectively over i.e. most of their stable going to the paddock in next 4-6 weeks anyway, the pressure is on the stables who normally get horses ready for winter racing do they continue or pull out.

Would have been interesting to hear the reaction from these stables if the lockdown was say July/Aug/Sept which would have completely finished their seasons.

Can't see any racing through July/August/September at least myself. Do you?

On 3/26/2020 at 7:53 AM, Leggy said:

Can't see any racing through July/August/September at least myself. Do you?

If the lockdown lasts for two months (assuming 90 - 95% compliance), then I would expect racing in August, assuming NZTR is still solvent.