RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Inglis Easter Sales brought Forward

The Inglis Sydney Easter Yearling Sale has been brought forward a few days in order to be completed before New South Wales goes into a coronavirus lockdown.

The sale will now be held on Sunday April 5 and Monday April 6, starting at 10am, at Inglis’ complex at Warwick Farm

Inglis has banned the public from attending while all potential attendees must apply for entry to the sale, which is the company’s annual showpiece event.

Only approved people and necessary associates will be admitted.

The organisation has encouraged prospective buyers to register for online bidding or can engage an Inglis agent or an approved agent to act on their behalf.

While the Sydney Easter Yearling Sale has been rescheduled, the sale format could change as the coronavirus situation develops.

“Inglis is aware of the challenges posed by the outbreak of COVID-19 and has engaged a biosecurity consultant to assist in management of the sale,” an Inglis statement read.

“Inglis representatives are in regular contact with a senior official in the NSW Department of Health.

“Inglis will continue to make itself aware of developments in what is an evolving situation and will update our stakeholders in a timely manner as necessary.”

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

Idiots. What a joke. Get serious people.

Leggy, I couldn’t agree more. 

Sometimes many Australian’s are unbelievable!

My guess is that by the weekend a total lockdown will be announced and that’s over a week in advance of the “new date”!

13 minutes ago, Trump said:

Notice the action of Wexford and Baker/Forseman and James stable’s sending horses out to spell. No use waiting for direction from NZTR - they’re not decision makers. 

Incorrect again.
You flipping amaze me with your arrogance. 
As I have said before HEW must be embarrassed to hell with your thinking. 

I'm hoping NZTR are saying that training facilities may stay partially open while horses need care for animal welfare purposes (i.e. veterinary care and exercise or while they await dispersal to spelling paddocks etc.), not that they stay open for preparation for racing.

12 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Liz you arent up to date They have all basically closed their stables till spring

Really?

It just so happens that I have horses in training in Cambridge and Awapuni. 

The Cambridge stable which is a major one has turned out 50 including mine but 30 are staying in training, presumably with the likelihood that they will be able to race in 4, 5, 6 or 7 weeks. 

With regard to Awapuni I haven’t been advised who are staying and who have been turned out because my own filly was turned out after trialling two weeks ago. 

Turny Tom, tell me your experience please and don’t just quote Roger James etc. 

4 minutes ago, Insider said:

The Cambridge stable which is a major one has turned out 50 including mine but 30 are staying in training, presumably with the likelihood that they will be able to race in 4, 5, 6 or 7 weeks. 

How could they do that? Keep 30 in training for the purpose of racing. That will surely be illegal as of midnight?

18 minutes ago, Leggy said:

I'm hoping NZTR are saying that training facilities may stay partially open while horses need care for animal welfare purposes (i.e. veterinary care and exercise or while they await dispersal to spelling paddocks etc.), not that they stay open for preparation for racing.

Leggy, why not stay in training in preparation of racing resuming sooner rather than later?

All our staff are off for the next four weeks, but to a person, obviously they are all hoping that it will be business as usual come the end of April. 

What is the difference?

Turny Tom, your opinion is welcome too. 

1 minute ago, Leggy said:

How could they do that? Keep 30 in training for the purpose of racing. That will surely be illegal as of midnight?

Not the way I have read the official press releases. 
Of course you could be right. 
I guess one of us will be right.! 

2 minutes ago, Insider said:

Leggy, why not stay in training in preparation of racing resuming sooner rather than later?

You can't be serious. Why not be able to go get a haircut or pick up a Big Mac, or drop in and grab a bottle of gin? Training racehorses is definitely nothing like an essential business. If you are thinking like that you haven't got the health message which may already be too little too late and there won't be racing for months or even a year or so.

3 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

This lock down is longer than 4 weeks.  Tonight's emergency alert said weeks...already adjusting our expectations.

Yes. I'd say 4 weeks is very optimistic and that period was not mentioned by the PM today. It's the initial time-frame approved.

Whilst you have a point, every other business will be able to start up immediately the minute the restrictions are lifted. Yours included, but there again I believe that you are paid through Massey by the Government. 

6 minutes ago, Insider said:

Whilst you have a point, every other business will be able to start up immediately the minute the restrictions are lifted. Yours included, but there again I believe that you are paid through Massey by the Government. 

No. I am only employed by Massey in an honorary capacity. Not paid by them at all. And I don't see what that has to do with it.

Training racehorses will also be able to start up the minute the restrictions are lifted and to make that sooner rather than later everyone needs to comply with the level 4 restrictions which some of us have worked bloody hard to get in place.

47 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

My business will not be starting up immediately.  If I was given green light end of April I will still not be going in for a few months.  This is a fuck up for all, but we are all in this together.

Tell us why, quote...”I will still not be going in for a few months”.

What is so different about your business, please?

Looks like there are further changes to the Easter Inglis Sale

"The Easter Yearling Sale will not proceed as a live auction but will instead proceed in an online format, the details of which will be confirmed today.

Inglis will issue a further update by close of business today, Wednesday March 25, which will include confirmation on how each scheduled sale of 2020 will operate"

I think there could be massive withdraws and vendors will take there chance with the Magic Millions sale later in the year.

13 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

My business hires out chairs for weddings etc.  I had maybe 10 weddings booked in April (all gone) 6 bookings in May, all gone etc.  These do not come back. 

Why not. Won’t they get married in the future? 
I tend to think that most will, especially if the girls get their way. 
P.S. My last comment is based on a lifetime of experience. 

2 hours ago, Insider said:

Incorrect again.
You flipping amaze me with your arrogance. 
As I have said before HEW must be embarrassed to hell with your thinking. 

You need to take you Meds and quite down instead of ranting like a drunken chook. Facts will always overcome emotive rants.