RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
slam dunk

Lockdown...Paid Holiday for Managers?

I have been trying to delve into  solutions for cutting down the madness at supermarkets. This means trying to contact e.g. residential complex personnel, software solution providors, national managers etc. Some  I have been told  won't be available for four weeks.

Now is that the same for racing? You would think anyone in an administrative role earning over $100k would have set themselves up with the ability to work and communicate from home. Seems they don't have that skill. One professional I tried to contact is off to the bach and thats the "last place he wants to work from"

So what are the army of racing managers doing? Will they still get paid? Will they be fully contactable and be working from home?

Meeting News

Important Note to Licence-holders and Others

The National Racing Bureau will not be physically manned from 24 March. We will attempt to answer calls but please correspond by email if at all possible. nrb@nztr.co.nz. These emails will be checked regularly.

We are getting several queries in regards to working and looking after horses.  NZTR are urgently trying to seek guidance from MPI in regard to this issue.  NZTR are also in a process of writing a regulation regarding stable procedures, which would limit risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus.

Racing management should be feverishly producing a report to government to show  just how carrying on racing can affect the virus clampdown. If the report is done methodically perhaps it can show that racing will not  hinder the fight against the virus.  Love to know that "management" are not treating it as a holiday.

7 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Not very often I defend PETONE...bit I’m going to..on two fronts 

1. they’ve petitioned government to make racing an essential service so the horses can be looked after properly 

2. if they’ve blocked you that’s their finest hour because you’re a fucking wanker 

In these times of confusion ....I gotta admit this post made me laugh out loud.

I guess employers such as P4P are the ones under extraordinary stress right now.

Employing upwards of 100 people ,even many part-timers is an incredible responsibility and most employers really do care for their workers ..like family.

Add to that the financial pressure of trying to keep your business relevant etc ..its certainly not for everyone.

Customers too can be demanding and difficult.

So here's hoping all passionate racing and business people can ride thru this and come out the other side stronger !

And keep that sense of humour in tact !!

Amen !

. they’ve petitioned government to make racing an essential service so the horses can be looked after properly 

Once upon a time the NZ TAB was an essential service to the NZ Racing Industry so it could be looked after properly.

. if they’ve blocked you that’s their finest hour because you’re a fucking wanker

If they have blocked you there is a God. 

One good aspect is that the TAB will be saving billions on food and entertainment expenses. Bit of a racket managers can go and slosh themselves at fancy places at no cost to themselves. Be interesting how much that aspect has cost racing participants includes overseas jaunts. Lets hope the government removes the tax deductions for food & bev,   Any manager wanting business meeting can take a cut lunch and have it away from groups.