RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

$50M cost and $20M a year for this!!

The link above is a screenshot video. 

The error that this video shows with the TAB website occurs daily for me.  I have contacted TAB and told they have no outrages!!!  Yet I get this all the time.  

$50M for this!!!!!  How the fcuk can our $20M a year maintenance not solve this.  

This unfortunately time should still be an opportunity for us to put our best foot forward.  Yet we have replaced racing TV programmes with greyhounds from USA.  That just feeds the addicted.....poor morals.

1 hour ago, shaneMcAlister said:

IMG_4221.mov

The error that this video shows with the TAB website occurs daily for me.  I have contacted TAB and told they have no outrages!!!  Yet I get this all the time.  

$50M for this!!!!!  How the fcuk can our $20M a year maintenance not solve this.  

This unfortunately time should still be an opportunity for us to put our best foot forward.  Yet we have replaced racing TV programmes with greyhounds from USA.  That just feeds the addicted.....poor morals.

You are 100% correct. Its even plain to a five year old to see those running racing haven't got a clue. In my submission to the select Committee I made the case that racing doesn't need the TAB. 

OK the TAB is a business in its own right that is able to offer betting on anything that moves but modern technology means a Racing Club can offer their own pools direct to the public without the need of the TAB, bookies or commingling. Obviously such a claim towards these people is beyond their comprehension so my expectation of any interest is zero.

36 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

IMG_4221.mov

Hi Shane - Just a question. Are you using the TAB app or trying to connect via your phones browser to the website?

2 minutes ago, JOT said:

Hi Shane - Just a question. Are you using the TAB app or trying to connect via your phones browser to the website?

Hi JOT

That was on the browser, if I went to App it would probably work.  Then the App would hang and browser would work.

Unfortunately for TAB, this does not happen with other sites.  

This is just substandard and the TAB do not care "we have no outrages to report".  

6 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Hi JOT

That was on the browser, if I went to App it would probably work.  Then the App would hang and browser would work.

This is just substandard and the TAB do not care "we have no outrages to report".  

Is that meant to be outage Shano?  Or are they talking about angry customers :rcf-thinking-1:

2 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Hi JOT

Thanks Shane - IMO there are a few things that could cause this but yes the website probably needs some help. 

I noticed you were on 4G and not wifi which can cause network fluctuations. The site has most likely been throttled back due to the current climate so priority wise, a phone browser using data would have to compete for a connection with those hard wired or wifi. The other sites have been in the game a lot longer and spend heaps to display there product.

11 minutes ago, JOT said:

Thanks Shane - IMO there are a few things that could cause this but yes the website probably needs some help. 

I noticed you were on 4G and not wifi which can cause network fluctuations. The site has most likely been throttled back due to the current climate so priority wise, a phone browser using data would have to compete for a connection with those hard wired or wifi. The other sites have been in the game a lot longer and spend heaps to display there product.

Interesting (and informative) answer JOT, thank you.  I have had this problem regularly for over a year.  I first highlighted it to RITA/TAB in Jan.

Do you not think $50M would have delivered something better?

10 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Interesting (and informative) answer JOT, thank you.  I have had this problem regularly for over a year.  I first highlighted it to RITA/TAB in Jan.

Do you not think $50M would have delivered something better?

Yeah good question. $50 million to just get a bet on an event, no. $50 million to create sustainable platform that can be expanded with a realistic user experience, debatable. One thing though, they had to move on from the old platform as it well past its use by date.     

13 hours ago, JOT said:

One thing though, they had to move on from the old platform as it well past its use by date. 

The jetbet system was progressively upgraded over years and is still more fit for purpose than the current system,

They keep bemoaning the number of favourites winning as the reason for little or no return for some options.

The automated pricing with the new platform seems to weighted to a much lesser return and there may be a fundamental flaw in its structure.