RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
dougie1

Warriors

too good for us today sheep shearers, cleary vindicated with the changes and return to expansive footy.

Sharks looked a bit flat today pogo. Warriors, for obvious reasons, wanted this more. Master stoke by Cleary "finding" a new and exciting fullback:D Lewis Brown had a huge game too. Small steps but alot of positives today....

Sharks looked a bit flat today pogo. Warriors, for obvious reasons, wanted this more. Master stoke by Cleary "finding" a new and exciting fullback:D Lewis Brown had a huge game too. Small steps but alot of positives today....

Like Ive always said Brown and Taia are outstanding - they emphasised that again today. Did it take Lilyman 26 minutes to do a hit up in the game today?? If not then he only made two in the entire 1st half. McIvor (God help us!!) said his nickname was the "Bull" - bull#$%& more like it.

Fisiasi showed us his undeniable talent, Maloney is as tough as teak, and Mateo had to keep trying things because his coach is still way back in the 1990s.

Cronulla played OK. Some issues with discipline and their redneck captain didnt help matters at times.

Inu still gives me the creeps - so hot and cold its gonna turn to heartache somewhere down the line.

Oh and Moon had his best game since joining the Warriors :D

Did it take Lilyman 26 minutes to do a hit up in the game today?? If not then he only made two in the entire 1st half. McIvor (God help us!!) said his nickname was the "Bull" - bull#$%& more like it.

Lillyman was the only front rower from the two teams to make over 100m. Thought he was one of our best in the forwards along with Lewis Brown who was outstanding! Surely Albert Kelly copped a few bruises from the shark himself :D

The young fullbacks for both teams are outsanding talents.

So happy to see the boys win though. Makes it easier to go back to work on a monday

Lillyman was the only front rower from the two teams to make over 100m. Thought he was one of our best in the forwards along with Lewis Brown who was outstanding! Surely Albert Kelly copped a few bruises from the shark himself :D

The young fullbacks for both teams are outsanding talents.

So happy to see the boys win though. Makes it easier to go back to work on a monday

Jesus where did you get those stats from??! :D Notice how scared the Warriors were of Gardner that they just kicked dead all of the 1st half. Too scared to defend his kick returns. Gas galore though. Brown is a terrific player. Imagine if he had a bigger frame?! Will go close to being Player of the Year.

nrl stats .com ....here lies our problem even in a win packer 10 runs for 75 m tai 48m luck 45m rapira 10 runs for 71 m and lillyman 15 runs for 110 m.....now i know they all will say luck tackles blah blah blah but gallen ran for 183m we need some props that arent as lazy as packer and rapira (who we are resigning long term) packers form is woeful.And we need to find a ball playing back 3 ...look to the juniors and try hohaia at hooker for the spark.

more needed madlib,he should be striving to improve...am i the only one who believes mannering a better centre than 2nd row,he gives stability to the role,and he had a backbone yesterday.

nrl stats .com ....here lies our problem even in a win packer 10 runs for 75 m tai 48m luck 45m rapira 10 runs for 71 m and lillyman 15 runs for 110 m.....now i know they all will say luck tackles blah blah blah but gallen ran for 183m we need some props that arent as lazy as packer and rapira (who we are resigning long term) packers form is woeful.And we need to find a ball playing back 3 ...look to the juniors and try hohaia at hooker for the spark.

Yeah I looked up those stats last night as well nahla. Liliyman still offers bugger all. Makes Brent Todd look like Martin Offiah. Packer is having a better year than last season. Needs to hum onto the ball a lot harder when close to the line though. I dont mind most of our forwards (when theyve been given a rev - probably by Wiki as well!), its these "past their used by date" signings like Seymour and Berrigan I cant understand. Even Berrigans pass to Maloney was mistimed - Packer had run past the advantage line by about 3 metres before he let it go! Cleary seems to pick the steady, bland types of players that he once was. Still living in the 1990s tactically, technically, and physically.

Ah well at least Lewis Brown keeps carving up.

It will be interesting to see how mannering goes against Kenny Dowell,i still dont think mannering has enough pace but hes a good stopgap measure.

In my opinion the Warriors need to improve alot to be in playoff contention.The game in Taupo had the least quality of all the games I SAW IN THE WEEKEND.

But its agood start and hopefully the boys can gain some much needed confidence for the games ahead.Im just not sure they have the troops.

Keep the faith.

Mannering did well but never thought otherwise when he was named out wide. Solid, has "vision" big and has enough wheels in my mind. I think he is wasted in the pack anyway i.e. hitting it up like a "prop". He'll be there all season now. Other centre berth is a worry...Berrigan's not the answer. No place for a small man these days. Agree the halves are an issue...don't we say this every year :eek:. Lance will be back in some form pretty quick...but not fullback..please!!

ziggy i like lance for hooker off the bench,we let a great centre in likiliki go,so heres one ...i know hes a nutjob and erratic but give inu a shot,he has flair and a little gas.

Yeh well done guys..much deserved win. and keep that fish wrapped up in cotton wool..what a player..

All the Best...

Be careful not to batter the Fish or deep fry him during the season. Needs to develop a chip or two :D

Yesterdays victory proved what a useless coach Cleary is, he BUTCHERED round 1, 2, and 3 through his selection criteria.

And if the Warriors miss the 8 by 2 points, he must take sole responsibility.

Locke on the bench so he can come on and play on the WING what a dead set waste of a substitution, Lance Hohaia should be on the bench, and like nahla said used at dummy half.

Berrigan a non event selected in the centres, can't understand the signing, good player who is past his best.

Poor metres by the forwards, but when your coach doesn't have you running onto the ball, it's to be expected.

Lewis Brown, he can hold his head up high.

The Fish was in his rightful position, so no surprise he bagged a double.

Poor Locke has never played in his rightful position, and while Cleary remains at the Club never will, his player agent should sound out other NRL Clubs so he can fulfill his natural talent, Wesser is close to the end I would try Sth Sydney.

When Manu comes back Inu should be shifted to centre, he was more dangerous in the 2nd half close in, we all know he can be erratic, but when he is on he is lethal.

Tupou should hold his wing spot he is a natural WINGER, a little unsighted in the 2nd half.

Likiliki and Niko will star in the NRL when given their chance, we will all find this out later in the year, crazy letting them both go, hard to believe both were let go.

Luck- You need 2nd phase ball and ML can't create this, Tackling should be part and parcel of entering first grade, I had a look at Luck's stats a year or two ago at how many offloads he created in a season, and i think in 26 rounds he was credited with 1 offload, surely I must have this wrong, courageous but not in my team.

Good luck to the Warriors this week, and good luck to Ivan Cleary may he prove me wrong.

Can't see the Warriors beating the Roosters this week.

Looking forward to JWH aiming up against the Warriors forward pack.

And finally an interesting stat the Warriors lost 7 out of 8 games without Vatuvei last season, and have lost 3 out of 4 this season, so without the Beast it's 10 losses from 12

Yesterdays victory proved what a useless coach Cleary is, he BUTCHERED round 1, 2, and 3 through his selection criteria.

And if the Warriors miss the 8 by 2 points, he must take sole responsibility.

mate...pretty passionate for an "ex pat"? :D

He would have got several pats on the back with his "inspired" selection changes.....sigh!

You just keep focusing of PJ's TransTas

comp. Your on fire...7 zip I think!!!

Wow its Dill from out of the woodwork! Still shaking your swede over the World Cup?? The Ashes maybe?? :D

Come on go ahead - make a statement all of your own for once :)

Well if i do I will make sure my facts are right first. :D

You just keep focusing of PJ's TransTas

comp. Your on fire...7 zip I think!!!

6-1- Got Moz this week always look forward to playing Moz, I have a pretty good record against 1047, (that should wind him up :D)

Nahla- Looking forward to Dylan getting a run, it will be a proud moment for you mate, seems to be a bit of depth in the 2nd row/prop positions with the Ah Mau bros and Sims bros, hopefully he gets a start soon.

hi von hes had 3 good runs for the cutters but must pay his dues,peter ryan has got him doing speed work,his bench at 180kg is top in all club,mate im bursting for it,but i know this game and at 20 hes a pup still....keep watching nobby(locke) he and dyls got same manager and hes told me hes not going to sit on his hands .

Well if i do I will make sure my facts are right first. :D

Ddint hear you making statements on the following FACTS:

1. Australian cricket is weak.

2. Australian cricketers are not respected.

3. Australian cricket has a blemished reputation for fairplay.

4. Jacon Lilyman is overpaid.

Food for thought Dill.