RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
voice of reason

opie suspended

opie bosson suspended till april 2 and questioned about his ride on hot favourite te akau shark ...he cant do what he wants ,like he does over here ...proper stewards will ask questions...it involves sitting 3 wide ,as he stated he thought the inside was off and he didnt want to be there

What could he do? He got beaten by Dreamforce when it lead here last time giving him more of a start ,albeit over slightly shorter. If he goes forward and sits handier and gets beat the stiles do him for racing against his normal pattern and the punters get Disgruntled. The Track suited the better positioned  Bostonian ,who as you know has  a great sprint so the run was better than it looked. Given the bias must of been a slight risk with the benefit of hindsight :rcf-thinking: lump on next time when theres pressure up front over further :rcfe-like:

Nothing to do with the running of the race  but I saw a couple of interviews with him explaining how he was handling the isolation. He mentioned trying to keep active and keep the boredom at bay. With the B word in mind he didn't seem as alert and upbeat about things as he did a fortnight before. Dont know if it had any bearing on the result. Just an observation.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Nothing to do with the running of the race  but I saw a couple of interviews with him explaining how he was handling the isolation. He mentioned trying to keep active and keep the boredom at bay. With the B word in mind he didn't seem as alert and upbeat about things as he did a fortnight before. Dont know if it had any bearing on the result. Just an observation.

Missing the Mrs more like.....;)

Given the way the track was playing, I thought The winner was one of the best value bets of the day. It was always going to be hard for TAS. Maybe OP thought he was on a “certainty” and misjudged the pattern of racing? The Stipes can be very unforgiving when it comes to beaten faves. 

17 minutes ago, voice of reason said:

careful trump ,according to gruff and uneasy ,there is no such thing as race patterns or track bias..

You obviously havnt seen my Ellerslie posts from late last year :rcfe-happy-3:  Pitty knows his craft, been there done that :rcfe-like: 

Heres why Opie was suspended.

The adjourned inquiry was just part of an unwanted post-script for Bosson, who was hit with a suspension for causing interference to Super Seth near the 1100m when he shifted in aboard Te Akau Shark.

2 hours ago, voice of reason said:

careful trump ,according to gruff and uneasy ,there is no such thing as race patterns or track bias..

Bulls&@t where have I ever said there is no such thing as track bias. It's just that I can't tolerate fools who make it up to suit themselves like you were about Trentham have you watched the videos again yet.

I am a massive believer in track bias but can't stand fools