poundforpound

This is the future......

24 posts in this topic

Marbles would be easy to feed and house wouldn’t they....no jockeys required....your nearest sand dune is your track....no Trackside drones to listen to, .....carry the entire field around in your pocket.....there’s an opportunity here and the best thing about it, it doesn’t involve Petone or the RIU

Who breeds marbles, where do you buy them ? does anyone else think that blue one looked like cobalt ?

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

the best thing about it, it doesn’t involve Petone or the RIU

The RIU will be involved alright - to make sure the marble owner parks in the right place and also that they are wearing black shoes and long black trousers plus have eaten 20 pies in the last 3 days 

In the good old days at our local when we were bookies after the days racing we  would set up my Escalado horse racing game at the back of the bar . Some of the bets were bigger than the day races .6 little lead horses paid out on 2 placings  life was simple. CheersBH

6 minutes ago, gubellini said:

I have a friend who has a very old board game called Jackpot. Made in NZ and based on horse racing. Might have to pull it out of storage.Someone might update it. If you land on the RITA or NZTR or TAB square you are bankrupted and eliminated from the game.

that brings back memories - I had 3 sets of that game when I was 11 or 12 so I could have a full field of starters. Even made up my own tracks on the back of wallpaper rolls to vaguely match Riccarton and addington etc. Made up rules and ran real meetings. Back to the future

33 minutes ago, Boss Hogg said:

In the good old days at our local when we were bookies after the days racing we  would set up my Escalado horse racing game at the back of the bar . Some of the bets were bigger than the day races .6 little lead horses paid out on 2 placings  life was simple. CheersBH

I had one of those too... fantastic fun

2 hours ago, Peter R S said:

I love a marble run .. as for betting on them, like flies on the wall. There’s no “doing the form”

Thats no issue for the vast majority Peter Peter :rcfe-happy-3:

9 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

I’ve seen one other marble race that’s better than the one posted here....a cobalt blue marble leads, gets checked badly, then fights back and wins 
Post it someone please 

I propose we get marble racing started immediately....it’ll be more fun that NZ winter racing anyway, it’s safe, in house, I’ve never seen a sore marble, the stipes can fuck off because we won’t need them, we can all interface somehow, maybe Skype, Bevan’s Weenie can be the common tater and tell us how the red marble looks in great nick, and why the grey marble is best rolled from behind....I can’t see any likely corruption, the track will always be consistent if we do it indoors.....there’s no downside, and even more importantly I reckon I’d be a great marble trainer and I’d top the premiership ....

Besides I’m bored shitless and I need a distraction 

3 hours ago, gubellini said:

Leo we will still need the stipes. The red marble might be a bleeder and put out for three months. The green marble might cause interference!

Can they be nobbled? Scored or chipped to slow them down or covered with a sealer or lacquer to help them go faster? Definitely need a judicial committee. Will it be an indoor track? If outdoor it'll be subject to weather changes. I'd prefer to watch the first couple of races and see how the track's playing.

4 hours ago, Blue said:

Can they be nobbled? Scored or chipped to slow them down or covered with a sealer or lacquer to help them go faster? Definitely need a judicial committee. Will it be an indoor track? If outdoor it'll be subject to weather changes. I'd prefer to watch the first couple of races and see how the track's playing.

Australian marbles allowed ? 
Sandpaper anyone ?

Underarm delivery ?

Soaked in female hormones like Alligator Bleeding ?