RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Alex Park even caters for the Ghosts

On Trackside last night twice I saw people posing with winning horses at Alexandra Park. They didn't appear to be trainers or stablehands. It was not a good look with current protocols in place to keep our industry going through these tough times.

On 3/21/2020 at 4:50 PM, Nelli said:

On Trackside last night twice I saw people posing with winning horses at Alexandra Park. They didn't appear to be trainers or stablehands. It was not a good look with current protocols in place to keep our industry going through these tough times.

If that's the case then ATC needs a kick up the arse!

2 hours ago, Taku Umanga said:

If that's the case then ATC needs a kick up the arse!

Sheer gossip......dunno why the intent to knife the club at every opportunity by some on here.

The club seemed to implement very strict measures on who attended.

One winning trainer had 8 runners ,and main two staff also had drives.Another 'winning trainer' had 3 x horses in one one race,Another winning horse had over 50...closer to 70... owners so possible at least one of these there in a race night role !The horse manager unable to attend as the club had strict protocols in place.

When one trainer has 8 runners and driving also it does need truck drivers , strappers ,horse washers etc to be there as 'needed' assistant.

What I did see was the park and surrounds come under strict closedown after 3pm with security and club stewards manning entrances and tracking all vehicle movements with businesses other than Chinese restaurant closing at 3pm.And even some stewards were required to vacate before races !

One can assume the trainers 'help' list was compliant as well.

Very mischievous to be continually putting the boot in IMO.

3 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Sheer gossip......dunno why the intent to knife the club at every opportunity by some on here.

The club seemed to implement very strict measures on who attended.

One winning trainer had 8 runners ,and main two staff also had drives.Another 'winning trainer' had 3 x horses in one one race,Another winning horse had over 50...closer to 70... owners so possible at least one of these there in a race night role !The horse manager unable to attend as the club had strict protocols in place.

When one trainer has 8 runners and driving also it does need truck drivers , strappers ,horse washers etc to be there as 'needed' assistant.

What I did see was the park and surrounds come under strict closedown after 3pm with security and club stewards manning entrances and tracking all vehicle movements with businesses other than Chinese restaurant closing at 3pm.And even some stewards were required to vacate before races !

One can assume the trainers 'help' list was compliant as well.

Very mischievous to be continually putting the boot in IMO.

Agree Tasman Man

Those who criticise don't know the facts, so they usually supplant there comments with "If that's the case.....' or "I'm told..." or "I understand that...."  so that they can carry-on and put the boot in as you so eloquently put it

If they have factual evidence then go ahead and criticse

Mikie

I can tell you exactly who it was . It was stew ashworth who operators the horse ambulance in the northern region for harness and thoroughbreds .He is also the mobile car driver and water truck driver .The ambulance  trust sponsored race  9, so why not get a photo  as he was working anyway. The trust has now 4 units operating in NZ  so  good on him for getting  a photo  for the trust , and as i said he was working anyway.

3 hours ago, Nelli said:

All I said was it wasn't a good look, exactly because of the assumptions/speculations people make.  Its all academic now with racing canned for months. 

Never too late to learn a basic rule.........'Gather your facts !'

As an aside some of the winners on the night were owners ,trainers and drivers who rarely score a win at the Park. Good they got  photo.

And as happened the night prior at Cambridge Jo Stevens did a fantastic job in get brief interviews with most winning drivers plus some pre-race comments.

Very well done Jo.

Facts don't come into it. I'm all for getting photos and it was great to see the interviews on Facebook.  But given the conditions, it didn't matter how legitimate it was for those sponsors to be at the Park: appearing on Trackside was bound to engender bad feelings amongst those who could not. A little discretion could have been used.

8 hours ago, Nelli said:

Facts don't come into it. I'm all for getting photos and it was great to see the interviews on Facebook.  But given the conditions, it didn't matter how legitimate it was for those sponsors to be at the Park: appearing on Trackside was bound to engender bad feelings amongst those who could not. A little discretion could have been used.

Nelli

Usually agree with your comments but find this one strange

if someone is allowed to be in-course I can’t see what the issue is, including perception

Surely these whiners have better things to worry about than someone else having their photo taken?

Mikie

8 minutes ago, Cartman42 said:

Disagree with you nelli,are you saying trainers with there own tracks shouldn't train there horse's because others can't. Same logic as your photos statement surely.

Cartman

You're now not a maiden

You're a Rating 54 (you were a R56 but I deducted 2 Rating points for your spelling)

Mikie

Absolutely no problem with trainers with own tracks - in fact they will be essential if we are going to have any horses ready to race when restrictions are lifted. But just like pictures of cows in mud damage the public image of all dairy farmers, the public can draw completely wrong conclusions about racing from what they see on TV. We all should be aware of this.

1 hour ago, Nelli said:

Absolutely no problem with trainers with own tracks - in fact they will be essential if we are going to have any horses ready to race when restrictions are lifted. But just like pictures of cows in mud damage the public image of all dairy farmers, the public can draw completely wrong conclusions about racing from what they see on TV. We all should be aware of this.

Yes Nelli

However it’s not the general Public that’’s got their knickers in a twist

It appears from this thread to just be you, with Taka Umanga chipping in with a qualified comment

I don’t think you are classified as “public”, you’re a stakeholder if anything

Is there anything else going on in New Zealand we could focus our worries on? Anything?

Mikie

Quite agree - as I wrote yesterday, it is all academic now. Just raised it after blogs on other sites and thought this a more considered site to discuss it. Went out and saw my Love You yearling work this morning for the last time and our racehorses all now spelling.  It will be a long autumn but hopefully spring will see everyone back in action.  Good wishes and stay in good health everyone.

14 hours ago, Nelli said:

Quite agree - as I wrote yesterday, it is all academic now. Just raised it after blogs on other sites and thought this a more considered site to discuss it. Went out and saw my Love You yearling work this morning for the last time and our racehorses all now spelling.  It will be a long autumn but hopefully spring will see everyone back in action.  Good wishes and stay in good health everyone.

Good luck to you too Nelli in these times

I'll do my bit, when racing starts PM me for a small share in a Syndicate

Mikie

12 minutes ago, Cartman42 said:

Mikie 

Thanks alot mate im glad im moving up the ranks.

Re-handicapped

Lost 1 point for no apostrophes

Now R53

Shortly eligible for Amateur events

Mikie