RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

I know this is not racing but...

4 hours ago, Berri said:

Gruff...You're confusing Swine Flu with Spanish Flu. Read my post, my ref was Spanish Flu 

I read your post Berri:rcfe-like: just threw  that in to help join the dots :rcf-rich-1:  You can cut , paste and read literature regarding this subject till the cows come home , people just cant be swayed until they are willing to do their OWN research. Cant wait to see the Law changes that will happen in relation to this ‘pandemic’ Big Pharma are in the drivers seat

Why are there exemptions ?   ...  have the rich not locked up all their goods yet ?

Why let hundreds of shoppers mix and breathe the same air, yet pubs/restaurants are going down the toilet everyday because of harsh restrictions ?

Are they really going to stop people travelling anywhere ?   Is this not against our basic civil liberties ? 

Who is gonna enforce these ridiculous new laws ?  Police ?  ARMY ?  

Whats next, SHOOT people who don't comply with this bullsh*te ?

and don't tell me cops wouldn't enjoy this, they KILL kids every week (pulling out of chases 10 seconds before they hit a tree :(  ) and a load of fkwits support them in this illegal slaughter.

This is mass hysteria driven by morons (and a select few) and followed by even stupider people.

I have not changed anything in my daily life and fully intend to  carry on as normal. 

All this for a virus that has not killed ONE New Zealander, tho I suspect a few will die as per the normal flu and that Iranian guy.  And don't give that bullsh*te, that these rules are the reason no  deaths have occurred, the virus has been loose in the community for at least 3 months. Sure more testing will reveal more people with the virus, but not necessarily more deaths.   Get a grip people you have more chance of dying from the common flu or measles than this recent visitor. Anyone remember MEASLES ( only a year ago ) and what happened with measles, it killed fk all, BECAUSE most New Zealanders had been vaccinated when they were kids. Yes it killed a lot of islanders for the exact opposite reason (no mass vacc).

And will people stop mentioning Italy (some thing is clearly wrong up in the North Italian region) take out the Italian slant on figures and you have a worldwide FAST SPREADING MURDEROUS DISEASE that killed ONLY 8,000 people world wide, WAY behind the common flu 90-100,00 deaths in the same period.  

7 minutes ago, Archer said:

Why are there exemptions ?   ...  have the rich not locked up all their goods yet ?

Why let hundreds of shoppers mix and breathe the same air, yet pubs/restaurants are going down the toilet everyday because of harsh restrictions ?

Are they really going to stop people travelling anywhere ?   Is this not against our basic civil liberties ? 

Who is gonna enforce these ridiculous new laws ?  Police ?  ARMY ?  

Whats next, SHOOT people who don't comply with this bullsh*te ?

and don't tell me cops wouldn't enjoy this, they KILL kids every week (pulling out of chases 10 seconds before they hit a tree :(  ) and a load of fkwits support them in this illegal slaughter.

This is mass hysteria driven by morons (and a select few) and followed by even stupider people.

I have not changed anything in my daily life and fully intend to  carry on as normal. 

All this for a virus that has not killed ONE New Zealander, tho I suspect a few will die as per the normal flu and that Iranian guy.  And don't give that bullsh*te, that these rules are the reason no  deaths have occurred, the virus has been loose in the community for at least 3 months. Sure more testing will reveal more people with the virus, but not necessarily more deaths.   Get a grip people you have more chance of dying from the common flu or measles than this recent visitor. Anyone remember MEASLES ( only a year ago ) and what happened with measles, it killed fk all, BECAUSE most New Zealanders had been vaccinated when they were kids. Yes it killed a lot of islanders for the exact opposite reason (no mass vacc).

And will people stop mentioning Italy (some thing is clearly wrong up in the North Italian region) take out the Italian slant on figures and you have a worldwide FAST SPREADING MURDEROUS DISEASE that killed ONLY 8,000 people world wide, WAY behind the common flu 90-100,00 deaths in the same period.  

You have a few good points Archer But some of your facts are very  badly researched, and by the way Italy has the second oldest population and Italian culture plays a major role. Will be interesting what happens in the US , the 2017 Flu season saw a record 80,000 deaths and as per normal the Flu vaccination there this year was again the wrong one :rcf-laughing-2:  

26 minutes ago, Gruff said:

You have a few good points Archer But some of your facts are very  badly researched, and by the way Italy has the second oldest population and Italian culture plays a major role. Will be interesting what happens in the US , the 2017 Flu season saw a record 80,000 deaths and as per normal the Flu vaccination there this year was again the wrong one :rcf-laughing-2:  

Influenza figures ?    90-100,000 deaths 

"Influenza spreads around the world in yearly outbreaks  resulting in about three to five million cases of severe illness and about 290,000 to 650,000 deaths."  Figures supplied by WHO. 

Condition       Number Infected      Date       Deaths        % of Cases

Corona Virus         338,259             2020*       14,457            ( 4.20%)
Sars                             8,000             2003              800            (10.00%)
Infuenza                 959,000**         2018          61,000            ( 6.36%)
Infuenza                 560,000**         2019          31,000            ( 5.70%)
Tuburcluosis    10,000,000            2018   1,5000,000           (15.00%)
Ebola                           3,310            2019             2,284           (69.00%)
HIV                       1,770,000            2019        770,000            (43.50%)

Opioids (US)                                     2019          69,029

*In the case of Corona virus this is to date
** Hospitalised

Source: Tomas Pueyo analysis over chart and data from the Journal of the American Medical Association1*pwPIo7U6pBahMZhopHYbMw.png

Not sure whether this will come out but what this graph says is that despite best efforts, this virus has been with us for a longer period of time and its already got away. The grey bars are where this beasty has been lurking in the corridors like a pervert on steroids before anyone picked it up. I came back from Melbourne three weeks ago. Got a sore throat when I was over there. No temperature but small cough. Went to doctor, he did fuck all, I talked corona virus, he said no, I self isolated no matter what. Did I have it...no idea. One part of me says get it and get back to normal life, the other says if this was a small infection, am I now in a compromised position? I should have access to a quick test to see whether or not I've got it. That is one of our health systems failings.

The big problem is that this is not a normal virus and that's the problem. The way it infests the human cells has not happened before. Therefore panic. Because of this it is not being treated as influenza. Oh and the short note, it's not just old people who die.

Here you go Berri.

Testing for coronavirus will be available in Hamilton from tomorrow, Saturday 21 March.

The Community Based Assessment Centre will be held at Claudelands Event Centre, open from 8am to 8pm, accepting both drive-thrus and walk-ins. The entrance can be found at Gate 3, off Brooklyn Rd.

en O'Dwyer21:21, Mar 20 2020

A Covid-19 testing clinic will be set up at Claudelands from 8 am - 8 pm tomorrow, entry at Gate 3.

On 3/21/2020 at 10:25 PM, Tauhei Notts said:

All this Covid 19 stuff reminds me of that famous Rudyard Kipling quote;

"If you can keep your head, son, when all those around you are losing their's, then you will be man, my son."

Or,  Son if you can keep your head while all those around you are losing theirs, you probably don't understand the gravity of the situation 

25 minutes ago, GOM said:

Or,  Son if you can keep your head while all those around you are losing theirs, you probably don't understand the gravity of the situation 

Keeping your head whilst understanding the gravity of situation while other  people panic is the best option , fighting over loo roll closes down the social distance , how many load up with loo roll  , get home then forget to wash hands . Urgency and Panic,  knowing the difference is the key .

You did read the whole article and omissions of crucial data and impact on the curve ...  :rcf-rich-1:

The Influenza figures are not even close to accurate, they look like figures for the USA only.

1 hour ago, ivanthegreat said:

The world is desperate for these " Respirator Units " , we have the biggest manufacturer ( Fisher & Paykel ) on our backdoor , I hope the Govt step in and succond as many as needed ahead of exports to the US for $$$$$$$$$$

11 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Here you go Berri.

Testing for coronavirus will be available in Hamilton from tomorrow, Saturday 21 March.

The Community Based Assessment Centre will be held at Claudelands Event Centre, open from 8am to 8pm, accepting both drive-thrus and walk-ins. The entrance can be found at Gate 3, off Brooklyn Rd.

en O'Dwyer21:21, Mar 20 2020

A Covid-19 testing clinic will be set up at Claudelands from 8 am - 8 pm tomorrow, entry at Gate 3.

Another place to queue or congregate? Would a mobile unit be more appropriate? Just saying :rcf-sad-1:

1A502046-447C-4FCD-B58D-E5F822F15B6D.png

Maybe. You can expect police, and possibly the Defence Force, to enforce the shut down in the coming month.

"Failure to play your part in the coming days will put the lives of others at risk. There will be no tolerance for that and we will not hesitate in using enforcement powers if needed," Ardern said.

Police officers will be visible on the streets almost immediately, Commissioner Mike Bush said. Again, it was hoped the rules wouldn't have to be enforced, "but we will when required".

"Our first role is to encourage and educate, but if people don't comply, we'll be looking to enforce," he said. 

16 minutes ago, Archer said:

FUCK YOU  ...

I'm not a sheep or a number and I will not go quietly  .... :rcf-demon:

You lost your semi automatic after Christchurch, theyll be at your doorstep first :rcf-sad-2:

Knock off paracetomol  use particularly around ibuprofen when relating to influenza, Liver kills 99% of viral activity within one hour, so dont overwork  your liver ,you may have your favorite around early signs of flu ,but at the first  sign of a tickly or sore throat i take a very small amount of organic cayenne  pepper, antibiotic that promotes circulation, only briefly warm then subsides quickly, good for mouth ulcers as well as any superficial wounds, does not damage flesh,worked for me thus far anyway :rcf-thinking: :rcf-happy-6: .... the second wave of Spanish ‘flu’killed younger people with good immune systems ,because they became overactive , not sure how this relates here maybe see what transpires with earlier infected areas...????? 

Remember seeing this horse at Pukekohe, looked the part but didnt produce.

F5E16F3A-6792-4918-B8D1-A4AE44CE79C7.png