RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
talk

TAB to go tits up

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Betting revenue certainly not being helped by that overblown rag NZ Herald.

Made the mistake of picking one up today, nearly blew away it was that light, hoping for decent coverage of Sydney and Melbourne races tomorrow, it is Derby Day after all.....and plenty of Kiwi interest right....??!

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. And they have the hide to charge $3.50 for that rubbish......:rcf-angry-4:

I thought that you had more sense than to even consider buying a daily rag and expect Racing!

The first thing that RITA should do is; immediately cancel the contract with all of the main Daily's except maybe the ODT.

Having said that, Dean McKenzie wont do it, as he's the guy who 20 or so years ago did the deal with them all.

Come in Dean if I am wrong.

Now I am not saying it's a mistake what he did, however I am saying that the Daily's have run roughshod over the agreement ever since.

Anyone disagree with me?

9 minutes ago, Insider said:

I thought that you had more sense than to even consider buying a daily rag and expect Racing!

The first thing that RITA should do is; immediately cancel the contract with all of the main Daily's except maybe the ODT.

Having said that, Dean McKenzie wont do it, as he's the guy who 20 or so years ago did the deal with them all.

Now I am not saying it's a mistake what he did, however I am saying that the Daily's have run roughshod over the agreement ever since.

Anyone disagree with me?

More in hope Liz...just prefer the written fields....not one I’ll be making again anytime soon.

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Betting revenue certainly not being helped by that overblown rag NZ Herald.

Made the mistake of picking one up today, nearly blew away it was that light, hoping for decent coverage of Sydney and Melbourne races tomorrow, it is Derby Day after all.....and plenty of Kiwi interest right....??!

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. And they have the hide to charge $3.50 for that rubbish......:rcf-angry-4:

Mick the " Marth an trousers " with the big watch HEY WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING............... TWAT

35 minutes ago, Insider said:

Anyone disagree with me?

No you are completely right. Have thought this for a while, there is little point having the fields in the paper when they are consistently incorrect i.e. wrong day,wrong meeting, meetings of little irrelevance etc. A complete waste of money. Punters have become used to not getting good info from the dailies so they would barely notice the difference. 

Ohokaman made a comment about the N.Z. Herald. 

Then I thought; This is very serious.

The National Library have an excellent site called Papers Past.  I looked at it for editions of the N.Z. Herald dated in April 1932; the height of the great depression.  Then I thought, the weight of that newspaper would be less than the weight of today's newspaper.

This matter is far kin serious.  I cannot emphasise that enough.  I get the impression that our Government have emphasised "feel good" as distinct from raw rough reality.

We can save eight lives through our tenacious efforts, but in the meantime we will destroy an economy.  Talk about Corina Virus; a number of people will die WITH Corona Virus.  Yeah right.  But many people, of my age, die with prostate cancer, not because of prostate cancer.

Mass hysteria.