RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
talk

TAB to go tits up

18 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

Is this like ......" Free Beer tomorrow " ????

Or is this a FACT ???

Do you not read Stuff or watch the News?.

Total lockdown in Vic and NSW, racing last time I looked wasn't classified as an essential service.

2 hours ago, barryb said:

Do you not read Stuff or watch the News?.

Total lockdown in Vic and NSW, racing last time I looked wasn't classified as an essential service.

Stuff often contains 'fake news'....never hang your hat on what you read there ,big barry !

Usually tape the News and watch about 8.30pm after I milked the cows and said my prayers !

I fully expect racing to stop ,but as yet NO decision made.

AFL is stopping but the A league and NRL seem determined to box on though current Government meeting could change that.

As at 9pm tonight 'essential services' yet to be defined.

You talking Australia...their closed beaches were well attended today !

You can always tell an Aussie ,but you can't tell em much !

I was on the Beach today from 10:30am until 2:15pm. Umbrella, lunch, couple of beers, water, plenty of swims in the clear waters, no people within 25metres. No sweat! Lucky I’m not in Auckland - I’d be banned from HQ, my favourite Viaduct Restaurant! :) Buggar! Kirra Beach will have to do ! 

E063224F-BBB3-4A9B-AF00-D114A09D44CB.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Trump said:

I was on the Beach today from 10:30am until 2:15pm. Umbrella, lunch, couple of beers, water, plenty of swims in the clear waters, no people within 25metres. No sweat! Lucky I’m not in Auckland - I’d be banned from HQ, my favourite Viaduct Restaurant! :) Buggar! Kirra Beach will have to do ! 

Not so Trump.....HQ still open when I passed by today.

And Leo only banning Tourists who are flouting the 'self isolation' requirements , though on checking your passport he could exclude you cos of age !

Over 70's should be at home.

And all Auckland beaches open as usual , no sharks or blue bottles nor rangers on patrol.....Kiwis know 6 feet when they see it !

14 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

And Leo only banning Tourists who are flouting the 'self isolation' requirements , though on checking your passport he could exclude you cos of age !

And all Auckland beaches open as usual , no sharks or blue bottles nor rangers on patrol.....Kiwis know 6 feet when they see it !

Incorrect- Leo has banned me :( 

18 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

I got done by a Ranger and got  Blue bottled at Muriwai last week Tassie :rcfe-confused:which was also the site of NZs last Shark fatality Adam Strange. RIP , not to mention where NZs  last home made Hovercraft decapitation occured  :rcf-shocked-5: Only thing you gotta watch for at Kirra is the hollow righthander and local talent :rcf-in-love:

11 hours ago, Trump said:

Favourite spot on the Coast Trumpy.....jealous right now as pissing down here......:rolleyes:

I have been very critical of the TAB in recent years so I must give them credit for when they finally get something right.

Note how the option numbers for final field win betting now have some logic to them.  For quite some time I think they used a random number generator to work them out.

On 3/24/2020 at 10:26 AM, Phar Lap Fan said:

At New Plymouth, why were T.A.B. staff admitted when no public or members were? Who was betting?

R.I.T.A. asks staff to voluntarily reduce their hours but asks Government to help at the same time. Muddled thinking!

Be the TAB engineers and raceday control staff I'm picking.

16 minutes ago, mikenz said:

I haven't had any 5 or 10 buck  bonuses from the tab lately to get me back in the game,maybe if they give me 10 they may be out of the game:rcfe-happy-3:

Used to go to pub quiz night with group lads few years back  . Being rating 65 on brains collectively we won odd bar tab 2nds 3rds 4ths that kind of thing , thing was more we spent on it the more it went up.  We said hey this not  right we must be on about 80 bucks not 150 it cannot be right , they reset it to 80  , fxxk my days the next week we brought a round checked later in night we on about a ton. Weirdest shit I've known accounting wise , until I read about the TAB losing 3.8 mill. What mugs . Anyway the pub went bankrupt quick smart . 

My missus saw an ad on Facebook saying if she opened an account with the TAB and put $20 in they would give her $80 in free bets. 

In 40 years of marriage she had never shown any interest in having a tab account, and regularly accused me of wasting lots of time and money on mine! 

So she gets her account and asked my opinion on what to do and bet on, totally disregarded my advice and made 4 $20 place bets on names of horses and dogs! 

Three came in and her account jumped to about $150 odd. 

She didn't use it for a while but the good old tab recognised this and offered another $10 free bet that she put $5 each way on a winner. 

And yes, she reminds me of this :)

18 minutes ago, Womby said:

My missus saw an ad on Facebook saying if she opened an account with the TAB and put $20 in they would give her $80 in free bets. 

In 40 years of marriage she had never shown any interest in having a tab account, and regularly accused me of wasting lots of time and money on mine! 

So she gets her account and asked my opinion on what to do and bet on, totally disregarded my advice and made 4 $20 place bets on names of horses and dogs! 

Three came in and her account jumped to about $150 odd. 

She didn't use it for a while but the good old tab recognised this and offered another $10 free bet that she put $5 each way on a winner. 

And yes, she reminds me of this :)

This was probably a while back when Racing Board [TAB] were really into 'smoke and mirrors'.

Among the major KPI's for management was to create NEW accounts and increase the number of monthly active accounts.The free bets often increased toward the end of month !

All that was 'sizzle'...good news and allowed them to show graphs with upward trends.

But sadly the sausage.....revenues and cash flow, was heading South along with equity.

The RITA [NZRB] accounts are on line.

A lot of the issues e.g. too many racetracks ,many not up to scratch have been around since the 1980's and before but read 2016 report where it says the current business model was not sustainable etc and needed urgent change.

Well no one has acted ...its gone from bad to worse.

Time for a clean sheet ,start again and remodel the Industry on what should be a smaller scale.

40 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

This was probably a while back when Racing Board [TAB] were really into 'smoke and mirrors'.

Among the major KPI's for management was to create NEW accounts and increase the number of monthly active accounts.The free bets often increased toward the end of month !

All that was 'sizzle'...good news and allowed them to show graphs with upward trends.

But sadly the sausage.....revenues and cash flow, was heading South along with equity.

The RITA [NZRB] accounts are on line.

A lot of the issues e.g. too many racetracks ,many not up to scratch have been around since the 1980's and before but read 2016 report where it says the current business model was not sustainable etc and needed urgent change.

Well no one has acted ...its gone from bad to worse.

Time for a clean sheet ,start again and remodel the Industry on what should be a smaller scale.

Time to remodel the industry based on those that can survive of their own accord and take it from there. I fear (in fact it's almost guaranteed the way nzracing is run) this will be yet another excuse to kick the small guys fair in the gonads but this time with haste and certainty given the dire situation the industry is in.

When in reality it should be an opportunity to see which clubs ,stables, etc have the ability to rebuild without industry subsidy,let the freeloaders fall to the way side they'll find something else to do.

RITA, or whatever they are called this week, have invested heavily in an intangible asset called information technology.

That is accounting jargon for; "They are broke".

As another poster here noted; they have invested heavily in boosting the number of TAB betting accounts.  Whoopty do!!  The huge investment in boosting the number of new TAB accounts comes with inadequate accounting systems to monitor the efficacy of those new accounts.  When I was about 8 years old our stud groom chopped off a chook's head.  I was astonished to see that headless chook run about.  It seemed cruel to me, at that age. 

The RITA management brought that childhood memory to mind.

Betting revenue certainly not being helped by that overblown rag NZ Herald.

Made the mistake of picking one up today, nearly blew away it was that light, hoping for decent coverage of Sydney and Melbourne races tomorrow, it is Derby Day after all.....and plenty of Kiwi interest right....??!

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. And they have the hide to charge $3.50 for that rubbish......:rcf-angry-4: