RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
talk

TAB to go tits up

25 minutes ago, puha said:

Des has never asked management the hard questions not like Peter Early but can’t see they’d ditch him for his salary as he’d bring in far more   than what he’s paid I’d suspect. How many 100 k PA faceless norms are still employed by the NZRB ?

Correct as I understand it Des was on nothing think like that. the other thing is he definitely would have driven turnover unlike any of the faceless ones...

On 3/20/2020 at 11:52 AM, mikenz said:

Don't tell me about betting sites.ive got a few accounts elsewhere,probably fair to say none contribute to New Zealand,

And you and people like you are the 1st to whinge but you're part of the actual problem.

Not sure if you own or not, if you do you're shitting where you eat

6 hours ago, pakari said:

And you and people like you are the 1st to whinge but you're part of the actual problem.

Rubbish, that comment is 10 yrs old and belongs in the past.

The problem was and largely still is the TAB and the industry itself failed to see the punter as relevant and in the current climate it’s more evident than ever.

They have cut comments people, camera numbers etc, the very bloody things that keep punters coming to the well. 

Out the back of this, if the industry survives, the reforms that were badly needed are going to happen as a matter of course. The industry will be 1/3 the size it is currently with huge numbers of Owners, Breeders, Trainers and support industries gone.

11 hours ago, pakari said:

I would stress that these days I'm really only betting on racing on nz tab,I certainly never complained about the service they offer,its basically pretty good in all honesty,I just wonder if they pay overseas sites or sporting setups to take bets on their sports.i have never known if they do or not.

Des Coppins confirmed this morning that his Sunday Talkback programme has been terminated after 29 years. Also won’t be able to continue his Monday magazine type interviews or his Friday slot. He is a contractor to RITA and not an employee as such. Hopefully he will be able to return sooner rather than later.

10 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Des Coppins confirmed this morning that his Sunday Talkback programme has been terminated after 29 years. Also won’t be able to continue his Monday magazine type interviews or his Friday slot. He is a contractor to RITA and not an employee as such. Hopefully he will be able to return sooner rather than later.

The tipping line will continue presumably....just means he will have to advertise it more.....:rolleyes:

I don't believe Coppins is too upset it seems,everything is in free fall at present,so it's just a day by day thing at present in everything,maybe when things improve he will be back,he is not the only one in this situation at present,it is what it is,

I have a few accounts but only play  around on them now and then ,only for sport ,but Ive got no idea if those aussie site pay us or bet 365 pay us .mind you do we pay for others product,its a bit of a grey area that.

7 hours ago, gubellini said:

This shit is absolute madness!
When the sporting world has virtually stopped as racing continues we "can"  front line programming with Des Coppins among others? :angry:
What are these brainless leaders in suits thinking??? :rolleyes:
This is racing's opportunity to market, promote and introduce potential new main stream numbers to the game!
Unbelievable! :angry:

20 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

This shit is absolute madness!
When the sporting world has virtually stopped as racing continues we "can"  front line programming with Des Coppins among others? :angry:
What are these brainless leaders in suits thinking??? :rolleyes:
This is racing's opportunity to market, promote and introduce potential new main stream numbers to the game!
Unbelievable! :angry:

Racings gone in Aus, tomorrow its last day.