RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

corona

surely owners could be present ,would still be under govt guidelines of 500 and get photo on wall ! (well 10 winners ) I know some syndicates are about 40 people but the limit could be say 5 per horse . Maybe I am wrong  but feels a bit OTT in my humble opinion.

john - I don't think making exceptions will help the situation.    Once you let 1 owner in then what about his wife and whatabout his kids and what about his mother and .........   multiplied by 100 horses at the meeting each with 5 or more owners.      Phew - I know I'd be hot if I paid that big money and some bureaucrat said I couldn't see it race  - thank God, Allah, Brian Tamaki whichever is your fancy that I don't have anything other than a cat these days :rcf-happy-6:

4 hours ago, eljay said:

john - I don't think making exceptions will help the situation.    Once you let 1 owner in then what about his wife and whatabout his kids and what about his mother and .........   multiplied by 100 horses at the meeting each with 5 or more owners.      Phew - I know I'd be hot if I paid that big money and some bureaucrat said I couldn't see it race  - thank God, Allah, Brian Tamaki whichever is your fancy that I don't have anything other than a cat these days :rcf-happy-6:

Geez Eljay, 100 horses X 5 owners per horse, that's 500 people on course .... you'd have to go back to the 1990's to remember crowds that big!

I'm an owner of two horses racing Fri at Auckland, and yes disappointed not to be at the course, but totally back the move. Not only do we want to protect the vulnerable and the pressure on  the health service, we want to keep the racing industry going through this crisis. Good protocols around race meetings will help protect trainers, drivers, etc.  If horses can keep racing, they and their owners can stay in the game and perhaps harness racing may benefit by filling the voids resulting  from losses of other sports covered by the TAB/ sports media. My concern is what is going to happen with the Jewels which has been our aim for our whole season and we're in the top 10 with all going beautifully. I can't see the fans being able to come but can we have horses coming north?

It will be like Alcatraz.......the Chinese Restaurant at Alex Park is an independent business so needs to 'be open for trade' but it has been stated that Harness followers will be excluded as customers.

I wondered if the regular trotting group that has the front table  there each week would venture out to get a glimpse of the last 50m of race.

Sorry chaps ,no peeky , peeky !

I was thinking of loaning a mates Burkha but a security uniform may be the best bet !

The club should be saving money and have regulars like eljay to perform security and ID checks , voluntarlly of course !

16 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

The club should be saving money and have regulars like eljay to perform security and ID checks , voluntarlly of course !

I think his favourite food might now be Chinese, and if he's there early enough he can get a table with an  outside viewing spot and just happen to see horses flying by? :)

and as for poor Len.........

Spare a thought this family and the coronavirus

Harness Trainer Carmine Fusco dies, days after his sister dies. Then today their mother died and a few hours later Vinny Fusco Jr (also a trainer) dies.  The mother was 73. The two sons were 55 and 53. Sever others remained hospitalized in critical condition.

To the TAB

Now is the time to treat us all as equals. Start looking after our local product. All NZ racing on Trackside one. Let's make it easy for ll the NZ public sitting at home to have a bet on local product.

Do you think thee is anyone involve in the decision-making with enough brans to realise it?

wow what a muck up some allowed photos others doing as instructed not to attend. I agree with those that think HRNZ or RIU or rita or TAB are putting the sulky on the front end. now HRNZ is ordering me (a decrepid 72 year old) to not attend racemeetings or trials cos I may die !!!! Apparently unbeknown to me I havea compromised Immune system that's also 72 so its goodnight nurse if I get near a racecourse... Finally I have travelled through the looking glass with Alice and her mates .I wonder if I will be allowed to purchase a dressing gown and slippers so I can just slip away quietly and not leave the house to go to manawatu or sight my horse and never see the magnificent south island again. Icould also say closing Manawatu down is not solving anything but putting many fine trainers at risk of getting out of the game.(and owners and bettors. }

On 3/21/2020 at 11:52 PM, Nelli said:

I saw 2 other races at the Park where the TV featured men with their winning horses. None looked like trainers. It was not a good look.

A fine example of self-entitlement if that's the case and a great way to assist having the game shut down for the time being.

This will be a tough time for all. Our own racehorses will have to be tipped out so not racing till next season and the cost of full preps ahead of us. Possibly our trainer may be able to educate our young ones but he won't be able to have staff. The best positioned when racing resumes will be the small owner/trainers with their own tracks, especially if their whole family drives.

I we Alexandra Park is closed and no doubt because Auckland have the majority of the Covid19 cases. I see Addington and Methven nominations are still up on HRNZ.  Maybe they are in talks with the govt regarding risk assessment as previous meetings last week were already closed to the public.

45 minutes ago, 2Piper said:

I we Alexandra Park is closed and no doubt because Auckland have the majority of the Covid19 cases. I see Addington and Methven nominations are still up on HRNZ.  Maybe they are in talks with the govt regarding risk assessment as previous meetings last week were already closed to the public.

You’re dreaming mate 

There is no racing at all for 4 weeks

Mikie