RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Cartman42

Friday Nom's

1 hour ago, hsvman said:

And yet the noms are still left open why they don’t just make cut off later rather than every week extended them is beyond me 

You think that's bad - look at Addington.   159 noms but still left open for a day.      

Trainers must know this is always going to happen so they can sit back and see who they will be against before deciding whether to nominate or not.      

Surely racing could continue at this stage even if no spectators were permitted. Should be possible for the industry to put out guidelines to keep trainers, drivers, track staff etc safe (including sending horses with someone else if stable poses risk). And the host club and caterers needs to do their bit too around hygeine (e.g. soap and handtowel dispensers full, hand sanitiser, disinfecting surfaces).

4 hours ago, eljay said:

You think that's bad - look at Addington.   159 noms but still left open for a day.      

Trainers must know this is always going to happen so they can sit back and see who they will be against before deciding whether to nominate or not.      

Addington had plenty of noms so a bit odd they waiting to squeeze a few more  , but obvious what ATC did .

Very sensible to wait and see how many would accept for Cambridge , plus hope to get a few more 2 yr olds for the 2 x races.

Numbers overall look good , male 2 yr olds will be asked to race with maidens with another maiden race added.

Plus the up to rating 50 pacers race a bit light so 4 x 51 pacers will be able to join them which means less horses turned away.

A good result I'd say !

Cartman I actually meant higher up than the clubs. But, for example, why are Waikato and Auckland running on alternate weeks rather than consecutive nights? Do the clubs not talk to each other for the betterment of the industry?

If I recall correctly from my spell on the Cambridge committee, the club has very little control over dates.  The club would have very much liked more rational dates instead of the rush of meetings in the new year, weeks of no racing at other times and back to back meetings with Auckland all too frequently.