RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Breeder

Inglis Easter Sales

Will be interesting to see what happens (if anything) for the up coming sales with all the restrictions in place due to the virus.  I hope for everyone's sake it all works out OK and it is able to operate as normal but if the travel restrictions and crowd measures remain, it will give Inglis a major head ache.

This is what Magic Millions are doing for their March sale

https://www.breednet.com.au/news/9714/mm-gold-coast-march-yearling-sale-to-proceed-under-restricted-conditions

Now it looks like the Inglis Sales are going online. It will be extremely difficult for all concerned.  I think many will withdraw and try other ways to sell after the virus issue has gone. Maybe the Magic Millions sale in June and maybe MM will push this sale back to say July/August to help vendors, although being mid winter is probably not ideal.

https://www.anzbloodstocknews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/ANZ_200326-online.pdf

I wonder if it will begin to swing the power back to supplier ie the major producers like arrow field who through necessity prove that in fact they have exclusivity and pulling power in a business where discerning wealthy buyers want an edge.

I understand what you are saying Dopey but this tussle between seller and buyer happens in most industries.

Having said I think you are right that this situation could lead to a rethink by all the parties involved. For example, Arrowfield  are pleasantly surprised that some stock sell particularly well by private treaty, so in the future try selling part of their crop that way in all years , especially if they have a lot of stock of one particular stallion. Cambridge Stud have started producing an extensive package of information on each lot for Book 1 in the last couple of years. ( I think a fault with it is they put it out too late --just before the sale). This concept could be developed further and linked to other selling platforms.

One way ... advertise and sell on multiple platforms and the in person sale is “if not sold prior”...

In any business knowing and connecting with your customer is key. On another angle As you may know I’m a a fan of  parts of the German model and exclusive sire arrangements - I’m sure savabeel has done ok as private.