poundforpound

You know what happens when you bully a bully

33 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Alligator Bleeding .. weak bastard got found out today when they took him on and stole his one weapon.. controlling the pace ... he’ll be broken hearted now, his time in the sun is well and truly over 

He’s been up a long long time. I expected him to run like that in Guineas. Will get a well deserved rest after today. 

Melody Belle’s run was full of merit considering the run she got in transit.

Pikey the Wizard gets it done and makes amends after getting itchy fingers and going too early last weekend. B)

A bit harsh there Pounder! That greedy Vandyke shouldn't have run  him the start before imo. Interesting to see if he comes up again  next prep.I hope the trainer has payed off all the people he owed in the industry in Melbourne with his percentage!

1 hour ago, Phar Lap Fan said:

On Good4, ran 1:36.57! Or ?

The two early Miles were run in 1.39 and the Vase after the All Star in 1.38.28..... Good track alright :rcf-thinking:

True Gruff, but the Aussies are drawn in like a moth to a lightbulb when there is a sniff of possible champ! No real big bets shows that those big punters in the know felt there was vulnerability in this field(interesting to see how much he was laid for).I may be wrong,but I thought I read an article where the trainer wasn't fully confident he had come through the run at Flemington  100%.Running in his own age group with picket fence form, he is always going to be a fav.I love AB's will to win. I hope he comes back next prep as we all know racing needs horses like him.

The Alligator Blood bubble certainly burst with a bang...racing hardened older horses a bit different to 3yo company.

Think they went to the well once too often, although he did pull up short apparently so there may be an excuse.

The WA horses were very impressive for all that, with a few hard luck stories in behind.

15 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Alligator Bleeding .. weak bastard got found out today when they took him on and stole his one weapon.. controlling the pace ... he’ll be broken hearted now, his time in the sun is well and truly over 

Arrant nonsense. AB is a superior three year old (and has proved it)who has been up for too long and wasnt up to beating the older horses on the day. Was always going to be vulnerable in that classy big field esp from a wide draw. He needs a good spell and will be back in the spring I hope for VRC carnival.

11 hours ago, weasel57 said:

Arrant nonsense. AB is a superior three year old (and has proved it)who has been up for too long and wasnt up to beating the older horses on the day. Was always going to be vulnerable in that classy big field esp from a wide draw. He needs a good spell and will be back in the spring I hope for VRC carnival.

AB was good enough to wipe the track with catalyst just a 'weak' ago

28 minutes ago, Nukkledragga said:

AB was good enough to wipe the track with catalyst just a 'weak' ago

29th Feb Knuckles? Doesnt work well with your play on the word to well but :rcf-tongue-2: ...a Wiping :rcf-rich-1: Catalyst wasnt 100% :rcf-thinking:

On 3/15/2020 at 10:59 AM, weasel57 said:

100% spot on, the  form out of ABs races was franked emphatically by the all star mile, with superstorm and dalasan running 2nd and 5th respectively( split by melody belle and fierce impact no less). Whatever they choose going forward should be very lucrative.

On 3/14/2020 at 4:41 PM, poundforpound said:

I’ve just had this statement put on a fridge magnet. When the Gator has had a long spell and comes back an even better horse, I’ll send one to You Peefor. :)  imho, they went to the Well one too many times this “long” campaign! 

8 hours ago, Trump said:

I’ve just had this statement put on a fridge magnet. When the Gator has had a long spell and comes back an even better horse, I’ll send one to You Peefor. :)  imho, they went to the Well one too many times this “long” campaign! 

You were told weeks ago Trump but still blew the Gator Trumpet ? You didnt  hear the Alarm bells ringing because you listened to the wise ones. Hes just a good horse. Forget the Cox, not his race

2 hours ago, Gruff said:

You were told weeks ago Trump but still blew the Gator Trumpet ? You didnt  hear the Alarm bells ringing because you listened to the wise ones. Hes just a good horse. Forget the Cox, not his race

It's hardly outrageous to suggest with 12/16 weeks off he might come back in the spring bigger, stronger, well rested and then be a weapon at 10f. I can see why you would want a slice of $5m and they would not be the first group of owners who extended a 3yr old season too long (remember Cheval de Troy?). 

Whether he is dominant in a Cox plate is a bigger question. 

4 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

If people are suggesting the Alligator isn't that flash then surely that doesn't say much for Catalyst who was being hyped up as the next big thing?

Who? He was flash CS Hayes day :rcfe-like: knocked the stuffing out of Catalyst and then suffered a similat fate in the Allstar.... Time will tell and these posts come back to bite at times :rcf-thinking:  if he runs well in the Cox i will never punt again :rcf-shocked-4:

25 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Who? He was flash CS Hayes day :rcfe-like: knocked the stuffing out of Catalyst and then suffered a similat fate in the Allstar.... Time will tell and these posts come back to bite at times :rcf-thinking:  if he runs well in the Cox i will never punt again :rcf-shocked-4:

As I suspected. The horse wins the CS Hayes, wins the Aust Guineas (which you conveniently omitted in your post) and he then finally succumbs to 12 months in work. Then you bag him. Extraordinary.

26 minutes ago, Trump said:

As I suspected. The horse wins the CS Hayes, wins the Aust Guineas (which you conveniently omitted in your post) and he then finally succumbs to 12 months in work. Then you bag him. Extraordinary.

Hows that a bagging? Hes not a Cox Horse, but theres obviously other races more suitable for him :rcfe-like: ....and i hope he meets Catalyst again :rcfe-money:

Why is anyone surprised.....he comes from Queensland.....sunny place for shady people 

His career is over .... all tip and no iceberg that fella, with clear mental problems that they’ve apparently been treating with calming female hormones 

Lucky he has no balls because they’d have been tampering with them too