RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nerula

At What Point

1 hour ago, Nerula said:

A story - A famous old time trainer would phone the sole owner of a horse and tell said owner, the horse is no good and to take it away - the next day. Imagine today a trainer did the same to a minority owner, that person would say, "Nah I'm busy phone the others"

The point is - Does a tiny shareholding give you the same rights as a substantial one?

And no, this is not a bull dust topic. Its a serious one.

By extension, the aspects of - who is responsible for the welfare of the horse. Who has visitation rights. Who is responsible for the rehoming or destruction of the horse? I don't think the one percenters do. So there needs to be a clearly defined management structure to handle the responsiblity of the shareholder owners. Is this the syndicator nominee and does that person own a share? If not in my book the only function of the minority shareholder is as a bill payer and has no normal ownership rights.

Really dont know why you are making a big deal of this and denigrating minority owners - of course you need a structure when more than one owner. No-one arguing with that.

10 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

Really dont know why you are making a big deal of this and denigrating minority owners - of course you need a structure when more than one owner. No-one arguing with that.

The decisions are all part of the agreement , the retirement plan should nowdays form some part of the agreement . No different than  any shareholder vote .

If agreement cannot be reached and parties want out the other option is buyout via agreement or auction . Wayward Lad was a super old chaser . They couldn't agree one wanted to go on , trainer a genius super trainer said nope had enough . Trainers dad was part owner , paid silly money for him at auction and retired him in the sale ring . He lived to ripe old age . Money settles most things. 

If someone owns 1 pc and they enjoy it what's the problem  , no doubt to go with the 1 pc they buy the photo , spend money punting etc etc . It's great for racing .

Almost like the John Cleese sketch , Aga Khan could look down on most owners if that games played .

21 hours ago, Nerula said:

Can you claim to be an Owner of a horse.? l A leg or 25% and more is fair. I think

Then when you get down to the single figures or even a decimal of that you could not claim more, than having an "interest" . You sure aint got a say in proceedings.

Nothing wrong with 'hair of a tail'. Its a step above a 'tyre kicker''

Don't think I am 'big noting,' it's just how I feel. (pardon cliche abuse - overuse).

six people was the max (name in racebook) here in aus, nerula , but that changed some time back  and now many owners groups have 5% share holders all named in the book.

thats been good for racing here, easy or easier for most to find 5% and not a big loss if the horse in question cant beat the ambulance home

as for those who own 1%, theyre really members of a syndicate that race a horse.

Thanks mate I suppose they sytill give restricted number of privilegs race days and the managers dole them out.

To Trump and Memphis I donate a lot of my time to Owners Matters through an organisation written into statute to do that. It represents all Owners regardless of share. I read Cafe to see what the "grass roots" think. 

I have had good fortune and bad in this game and happy to put back. hope fully it survives and little people can work with the horses they love.

The post did have a point as I wanted to see what you thought about your perceptions. I did and thank you for that.

Here is a read for you of what we do.

nztrof_JAN_2020_WEB.pdf