RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

Jennifer Eccles - NZ filly of the year........

34 minutes ago, CT"s said:

You seem like a pretty decent bloke Ted. Tom spoke highly of you while over here in Melbourne and I know you’ve owned some fairly decent horses in the past like Naturo and now Dragon Leap.

I hope you’re not affected by the dreaded tall poppy syndrome. A good friend of mine Fraser Brown is currently filming NZ sportsman of the year Israel Adesanya over in the States in his new movie Stylebender. In Israel’s winning speech at The Halbergs he spoke of the dreaded tall poppy syndrome and how successful Kiwis should be celebrated and not cut down. NZ has a toxic tall poppy syndrome culture and many Kiwis could learn a lot from Israel’s victory speech. 

Good luck with Dragon Leap. ;)

Are you suggesting you are a successful kiwi Stopper, and people are picking on you because of that?

Next thing you know your "good friend" Fraser will be making a movie about you.

14 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Can’t have that RR....get all those coins together and have a go at these....;)

Rosehill - Prague $8, Noire $18, Mustajeer $3.50 ( Esti Feny $41 ??)

Caulfield- Clementina $4.20, Celestial Sol $3.50 /River Night $5.50, Kolding $11.00 ( blinkers first time )

Tauranga- Metro Winner $4.50, Pierina $5.50, Pop Star Princess $4, Beyond Sacred $4, Savastep $7

Trentham- Sacred Command $4, Glory Days ( weighted certainty $3.60 ),Levante $2.50/ Exaltation $16 ?, Loire $8.50 ( v fave at $1.95 )

All the best....:rcfe-like:

You've been following that Clementina a while OM , her comments are always good,  finished fast  that kind of thing runs through her form , she has some wins in her . This Grand Promanade unraced in UK from Juddmonte on the up and I think can defy weights . Fifty Stars was  unraced uk as well as a number of others who ran in same ownership as GP , Signoff few years back was another . Whoever is finding these for this crowd is very very sharp in their job  . Someone put up once John Foote Bloodstock and they are in Grand Promanade .

I really like Pohutukawa tomorrow , last year she went 12 14 and bang at 1600 at Kembla albeit at Grp 3 . Same spacing between races 12 14 now 1500 . Extra 100 would have got her home few weeks back . Grp 1 now I know but imho she's good enough . Drawn fine , 550 and 215 bit of my ew coin on her . I like reserving the bank a bit on anything over 2s the place, iam a tight fisted bastard    . Seems to stretch out my funds over the years . Giving Casadian one last go also at 550 and 215 .Punting on the Hungarian import as well as a roll of dice  , Kincsem went ok 100 plus years ago .

Good luck.on the punt .

1 hour ago, CT"s said:

You seem like a pretty decent bloke Ted. Tom spoke highly of you while over here in Melbourne and I know you’ve owned some fairly decent horses in the past like Naturo and now Dragon Leap.

I hope you’re not affected by the dreaded tall poppy syndrome. A good friend of mine Fraser Brown is currently filming NZ sportsman of the year Israel Adesanya over in the States in his new movie Stylebender. In Israel’s winning speech at The Halbergs he spoke of the dreaded tall poppy syndrome and how successful Kiwis should be celebrated and not cut down. NZ has a toxic tall poppy syndrome culture and many Kiwis could learn a lot from Israel’s victory speech. 

Good luck with Dragon Leap. ;)

Incorrect Chris.

I don't have ownership in either actually. I would say you have incorrectly assumed me with ownership in Dragon Leap due to Baz saying good luck here before the Derby. Baz was actually referring to Jason Waddell riding Dragon Leap in that race and was wishing good luck with me being Jason's manager.

With regard to Naturo, my brother and my son had ownership in her.   

23 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Are you suggesting you are a successful kiwi Stopper, and people are picking on you because of that?

Next thing you know your "good friend" Fraser will be making a movie about you.

Well I guess that depends on what you classify as successful doesn’t it?

If you classify successful as moving to Melbourne from Auckland over 10 years ago, marrying the woman of your dreams, building a house together, working for the best company for nearly 8 years,  living in the best sporting city, having the best friends, travelling the world, having Moonee Valley gallops tonight then the richest mile turf race in the world at Caulfield tomorrow on your front doorstep then yeah, I think I’m doing alright. ;)

Just now, rdytdy said:

Incorrect Chris.

I don't have ownership in either actually. I would say you have incorrectly assumed me with ownership in Dragon Leap due to Baz saying good luck here before the Derby. Baz was actually referring to Jason Waddell riding Dragon Leap in that race and was wishing good luck with me being Jason's manager.

With regard to Naturo, my brother and my son had ownership in her.   

Thanks for clarifying that Ted. There must’ve been a misunderstanding. 

2 minutes ago, CT"s said:

If you classify successful as moving to Melbourne from Auckland over 10 years ago, marrying the woman of your dreams, building a house together, working for the best company for nearly 8 years,  living in the best sporting city, having the best friends, travelling the world, having Moonee Valley gallops tonight then the richest mile turf race in the world at Caulfield tomorrow on your front doorstep then yeah, I think I’m doing alright. ;)

Bang on with racing in Melbourne , for all the bits of trouble with the odd sly character like Weir  it's a bloody good place to go racing and punt. That's racing anyway always the odd wrong un the world over . 

1 minute ago, Red Rum said:

Bang on with racing in Melbourne , for all the bits of trouble with the odd sly character like Weir  it's a bloody good place to go racing and punt. That's racing anyway always the odd wrong un the world over . 

Exactly Red Rum. It’s all part of the colourful racing folklore.

Great to see Danny O’Brien come back so strongly winning the Cup last year after his indiscretion and fantastic to see Moody back training too. 

J Mac another example. You can guarantee he’ll never make that same mistake again and is riding better now than he ever has (don’t forget to back him on Funstar tomorrow). 

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

It will be interesting how Australia handles the Weir case and if the net recently sprung in USA racing catches Aussies as well.

With all the carry on and discovery of new EPO's etc it will be interesting how much historical samples are retested !

Could be some nervy folks around......this the word on the street !

4 hours ago, CT"s said:

If you classify successful as moving to Melbourne from Auckland over 10 years ago, marrying the woman of your dreams, 

Bit tough on We're Doomed that you married the woman of his dreams don't you think .......

2 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

Bit tough on We're Doomed that you married the woman of his dreams don't you think .......

I was speaking in the third person Colin. I’m sure you’re intelligent enough to work out what that means. ;)

We all know no one would consider marrying We’re Doomed. :P

26 minutes ago, von Smallhaussen said:

Christopher's father says "Christopher's busy, leave Christopher alone"

Christopher's father says " Christopher's taking photos with his phone"

And the operator says " forty cents more, for the next three minutes" 

:rcfe-smile:

That’s pretty good von. An oldie but a goodie :lol:

1 hour ago, CT"s said:

I was speaking in the third person Colin. I’m sure you’re intelligent enough to work out what that means. ;)

Ah apologies - I'm not used to people talking about themselves in that way - at least not on Racecafe.

Mind you both Gollum and Trump do it too - so you are in interesting company.

2 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

Ah apologies - I'm not used to people talking about themselves in that way - at least not on Racecafe.

Mind you both Gollum and Trump do it too - so you are in interesting company.

Wrong again Colin. We’re Doomed asked the question and I gave him his answer. 

You a bit slow today? Tom mentioned you when he was over here. I don’t think you’re as much of a dick as you’re making out to be. ;)

7 hours ago, CT"s said:

We all know no one would consider marrying We’re Doomed. :P

I may have shagged Mrs Stopper. Has she ever been to NZ? Is she a looker?

6 hours ago, CT"s said:

Wrong again Colin. We’re Doomed asked the question and I gave him his answer. 

You a bit slow today? Tom mentioned you when he was over here. I don’t think you’re as much of a dick as you’re making out to be. ;)

Tom's a great guy.

Nah I don't have slow days in that sense. I absolutely can be a dick though

On 3/12/2020 at 11:28 AM, CT"s said:

Find those coins Red Rum and I’ll get you back on track. ;)

Double your money on Adelaide Ace to win the Alister Clark Stakes at the Valley tomorrow night then stick it all on Funstar to win the Phar Lap Stakes at Rosehill On Saturday followed by Quackerjack to win the Ajax Stakes. All up $20 to 1 B)

I’ve got $500 win on Adelaide Ace coming up at the Valley at $1.85 Fixed.

Expect the money to come for him late.

Go you good thing! B)

23 minutes ago, CT"s said:

Go you good thing! B)

OK CT turn the page ,  right Jennifer Eccles , tomorrow,  if we all concentrate tomorrow at the same time , really really really pull together collectively we can get her home .Good positive thoughts .

Good punting tomorrow . 

28 minutes ago, CT"s said:

Go you good thing! B)

As a well know Aussie punter said -  "never back them at less than evens and don't run up stairs with scissors"

1 hour ago, CT"s said:

Go you good thing! B)

Legendary! Thommo you could make a fortune if you laid your short priced odds on faves on Betfair. Just suggesting. Trying to be helpful. Please don’t tip Alligator Blood tomorrow. 

22 hours ago, Nerula said:

I would go so far to say this race should have a prelude at 2200m. The year our girl won (2008) she put the pressure on the whole way and the the ones behind her looked very tired coming back. Many of those had no show of running the race out. Nobody knew if they could.

The point is the step from 2000 to 2400m is a big one. If a filly couldn't run out a 2200m it would be abusive to run it in a 2400m, Imo

Maybe the Te Rapa lead up, name? should be the 2200 coz the 2000m start there is useless. Just adds to the conundrum

Get your Club to change the distance of the Sunline Vase then. :rcf-happy-5:

8 hours ago, CT"s said:

Go you good thing! B)

I wish you had sent that $500 to me! I'd have given you 10% share in a yearling filly so you could be a real owner too. :rcf-monkey:  I could name her Jennifer Freckles! :rcf-happy-7: