RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

Jennifer Eccles - NZ filly of the year........

She’s gone up $2.15 Fixed over here so I’m guessing she’s drawn the car park?

What are the miserable bastards offering for her over there?

Adrian Clark has set aside the travel costs after she wins at Trentham to fly over here for the Australian Oaks against the big girls. 

Go you good thing!! B)

5 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

2.10 drawn 19

Thanks Tom. We’ll see how much she’s improved in this race as you’d expect Jason to snick her back from that draw and make her run from the rear at the 600.

1 minute ago, CT"s said:

Thanks Tom. We’ll see how much she’s improved in this race as you’d expect Jason to snick her back from that draw and make her run from the rear at the 600.

Fantastic filly CT , have a look at Levante at Trentham too . She is a real excitement machine , mind you Exaltation looks sharp too.

Good luck with Jennifer Eccles .

4 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Fantastic filly CT , have a look at Levante at Trentham too . She is a real excitement machine , mind you Exaltation looks sharp too.

Cheers Red Rum. They only have the market up for the Oaks over here at the moment. Will see what they open Levante and Exaltation at. Thank you. 

2 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Shit Chris. You know your record of stopping horses.

Can you do a double whammy...….Stop her winning the Oaks on Saturday and if Loire wins and Jennifer is unplaced she won't be NZ Filly of the Year either. 

Could you not have waited until after the race to sing her praises   :rcf-crying-2:

No chance of that happening Ted. :P

It’ll be a sit and steer job for Jason once he cuts the ribbons at the 600. B)

What’s the plan for Dragon Leap? 

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Levante has opened $2.50 Fixed over here Red Rum. 

I wonder if Ted will be recommending the Levante $2.50 into Jennifer Eccles $2.15 All up to the BGP? B)

1 minute ago, CT"s said:

Levante has opened $2.50 Fixed over here Red Rum. 

I wonder if Ted will be recommending the Levante $2.50 into Jennifer Eccles $2.15 to  the BGP? B)

Some very interesting runners all over the place this weekend , racing great here , OZ and all over at moment . Esti Feny the Hungarian wonder going again Rosehill  , there's a bit on him on you tube from  last year . I have a Hungarian connection via the great game so will get him translate sometime , as in the old films you can see what they are doing but god only knows what they saying .Norway drawn average both noms but he's good .

33 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Has the awful suppurating cretin hijacked his estranged old mans 1% share in the filly now ?

If he has she’s fucked ... this social retard could stop corona virus  

Not sure who owns what but she is a bloody good horse so could overcome the adversity  , really looking forward to Trentham to see these good horses going around . 

I will keep well clear with my money though  , on an awful run after a decent few weeks . Resorting to hunting  for coins down sofa , in kit bags , under beds etc . Terrible run .

9 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Not sure who owns what but she is a bloody good horse so could overcome the adversity  , really looking forward to Trentham to see these good horses going around . 

I will keep well clear with my money though  , on an awful run after a decent few weeks . Resorting to hunting  for coins down sofa , in kit bags , under beds etc . Terrible run .

Don’t worry Red Rum. Short stuff can only dream of owning one half as good as Jennifer Eccles. ;)

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Find those coins Red Rum and I’ll get you back on track. ;)

Double your money on Adelaide Ace to win the Alister Clark Stakes at the Valley tomorrow night then stick it all on Funstar to win the Phar Lap Stakes at Rosehill On Saturday followed by Quackerjack to win the Ajax Stakes. All up $20 to 1 B)

2 hours ago, CT"s said:

Don’t worry Red Rum. Short stuff can only dream of owning one half as good as Jennifer Eccles. ;)

He has to settle for Flealaar. Where did the flea finish in Auckland Cup? :P

Do you actually own a horse yourself ???? Or just take pot shots at those that do and hang off your relatives coat tales ....???

11 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Do you actually own a horse yourself ???? Or just take pot shots at those that do and hang off your relatives coat tales ....???

No, I don’t currently own a race horse. My father has shares in several and I’m very happy he’s snagged a good one through Adrian Clark’s astute selection. B)

In answer to your second question Leigh I will defend myself if pot shots are thrown my way 100%. Why would I lie down when I’m personally attacked? If short stuff wants to give it he needs to be able to take it. I think that’s only fair, don’t you?

4 hours ago, poundforpound said:

LJM doesn’t give a fuck what you say, we have CONSENSUS there....as long as you tell the truth...and that’s where you invariably fail....

Isn’t Consensus retired short stuff? 

8 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Can’t have that RR....get all those coins together and have a go at these....;)

Rosehill - Prague $8, Noire $18, Mustajeer $3.50 ( Esti Feny $41 ??)

Caulfield- Clementina $4.20, Celestial Sol $3.50 /River Night $5.50, Kolding $11.00 ( blinkers first time )

Tauranga- Metro Winner $4.50, Pierina $5.50, Pop Star Princess $4, Beyond Sacred $4, Savastep $7

Trentham- Sacred Command $4, Glory Days ( weighted certainty $3.60 ),Levante $2.50/ Exaltation $16 ?, Loire $8.50 ( v fave at $1.95 )

All the best....:rcfe-like:

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Can’t have that RR....get all those coins together and have a go at these....;)

Rosehill - Prague $8, Noire $18, Mustajeer $3.50 ( Esti Feny $41 ??)

Caulfield- Clementina $4.20, Celestial Sol $3.50 /River Night $5.50, Kolding $11.00 ( blinkers first time )

Tauranga- Metro Winner $4.50, Pierina $5.50, Pop Star Princess $4, Beyond Sacred $4, Savastep $7

Trentham- Sacred Command $4, Glory Days ( weighted certainty $3.60 ),Levante $2.50/ Exaltation $16 ?, Loire $8.50 ( v fave at $1.95 )

All the best....:rcfe-like:

Pierina??? The freshen up and expected Race tempo will assist but the 1200 has always been short of her best, even though the open class runs have looked promising and back to 82. Liquid inspiration doesnt have the draw but has no weight and has had no luck recently, if he catches the jump and gets into a nice Rythym  closer than Pierina can run strongly through the line as seen at Pukekohe . Just my 2c worth, ive had Pierina for plenty last few runs, needed a mile :rcf-thinking:

On 3/11/2020 at 6:25 PM, rdytdy said:

Can you do a double whammy...….Stop her winning the Oaks on Saturday and if Loire wins and Jennifer is unplaced she won't be NZ Filly of the Year either. 

Could you not have waited until after the race to sing her praises   :rcf-crying-2:

Not a good race to back faves. Nobody knows who can run the distance, if its run at a decent pace.. Time to study pedigrees.

Dont be too worried about barrier draws its a long gallop to the first bend at Trentham. As opposed to the Randwick 2400m which is a shocker.

I owned a leg of a $43 winner of an Oaks - and tipped it here. Some years ago.

3 minutes ago, Nerula said:

Not a good race to back faves. Nobody knows who can run the distance, if its run at a decent pace.. Time to study pedigrees.

Dont be too worried about barrier draws its a long gallop to the first bend at Trentham. As opposed to the Randwick 2400m which is a shocker.

I owned a leg of a $43 winner of an Oaks - and tipped it here. Some years ago.

I remember having a decent win bet on Bound To Honour as Oaks fav back in the 80s. Probably put me off backing favs every since. My best Oaks winner was Domino with CWJ up.

27 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Pierina??? The freshen up and expected Race tempo will assist but the 1200 has always been short of her best, even though the open class runs have looked promising and back to 82. Liquid inspiration doesnt have the draw but has no weight and has had no luck recently, if he catches the jump and gets into a nice Rythym  closer than Pierina can run strongly through the line as seen at Pukekohe . Just my 2c worth, ive had Pierina for plenty last few runs, needed a mile :rcf-thinking:

Might be right Gruffy, much easier than recent races though and small field will help. Stablemate the danger.

I would go so far to say this race should have a prelude at 2200m. The year our girl won (2008) she put the pressure on the whole way and the the ones behind her looked very tired coming back. Many of those had no show of running the race out. Nobody knew if they could.

The point is the step from 2000 to 2400m is a big one. If a filly couldn't run out a 2200m it would be abusive to run it in a 2400m, Imo

Maybe the Te Rapa lead up, name? should be the 2200 coz the 2000m start there is useless. Just adds to the conundrum

On 3/11/2020 at 4:25 PM, rdytdy said:

You seem like a pretty decent bloke Ted. Tom spoke highly of you while over here in Melbourne and I know you’ve owned some fairly decent horses in the past like Naturo and now Dragon Leap.

I hope you’re not affected by the dreaded tall poppy syndrome. A good friend of mine Fraser Brown is currently filming NZ sportsman of the year Israel Adesanya over in the States in his new movie Stylebender. In Israel’s winning speech at The Halbergs he spoke of the dreaded tall poppy syndrome and how successful Kiwis should be celebrated and not cut down. NZ has a toxic tall poppy syndrome culture and many Kiwis could learn a lot from Israel’s victory speech. 

Good luck with Dragon Leap. ;)