RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

All Star Mile field and barriers

Looking good for Te Akau and Melody Belle....especially if the rain arrives....:rcfe-like:

All-Star Mile draw

# - Horse Name (Barrier)

1. Kolding (7)

2. Black Heart Bart (6)

3.  Fierce Impact (12)

4.Regal Power (3)

5. Streets of Avalon (11)

6. So Si Bon (9)

7. Mr Quickie (4)

8. Star Missile (2)

9. Melody Belle (5)

10. Aristia (8)

11. Alligator Blood (10)

12. Dalasan (13)

13. Superstorm (14)

14.Heart Of Puissance (1)

15. Flit (15)

On 3/10/2020 at 2:13 PM, Shad said:

All the talk of alligator blood v catalyst, and it didnt happen, , what do they say about counting your chickens, looks like the visitors draw for the alligator, may lessen his bite.

10 barrier from the 1600m at Caulfield is perfect for Alligator. He’ll either be in front tipping the rise at the 1400m or sitting in the 1/1. A lot of people think he has to lead. He doesn’t. If a couple want to try and undo him and go like scolded cats, he can let them go and canter in behind. He can then make his move before the turn and let them try to run him down on a “leaders bias” track. Melody Belle the logical danger.

12 minutes ago, Trump said:

10 barrier from the 1600m at Caulfield is perfect for Alligator. He’ll either be in front tipping the rise at the 1400m or sitting in the 1/1. A lot of people think he has to lead. He doesn’t. If a couple want to try and undo him and go like scolded cats, he can let them go and canter in behind. He can then make his move before the turn and let them try to run him down on a “leaders bias” track. Melody Belle the logical danger.

Back to the scene of the crime Ernie of his only defeat. You’ll think Caulfield would suit him even better than Flemington with the shorter straight.

Opie was very confident jumping off Melody Belle after her last piece of work yesterday. 

She’ll be his hardest test to date. We’ll see how good he is on Saturday. ;)

47 minutes ago, CT"s said:

Back to the scene of the crime Ernie of his only defeat. You’ll think Caulfield would suit him even better than Flemington with the shorter straight.

Opie was very confident jumping off Melody Belle after her last piece of work yesterday. 

She’ll be his hardest test to date. We’ll see how good he is on Saturday. ;)

He doesn’t need to show he good he is - he’s done enough. I thought MB was a super run last start. A few look at the Gator’s Caul Guineas “bees dick” second as some sort of sign he’s not up to it. The Trainer has him a bit underdone for the Caul Guineas and blames himself - not the horse- for his narrow defeat. I hope the Gator wins. He’s a gelding, so “could” turn out to be Australia’s next Superstar. The Cox Plate will be his spring goal I’ve been told.

1 hour ago, Trump said:

He doesn’t need to show he good he is - he’s done enough. I thought MB was a super run last start. A few look at the Gator’s Caul Guineas “bees dick” second as some sort of sign he’s not up to it. The Trainer has him a bit underdone for the Caul Guineas and blames himself - not the horse- for his narrow defeat. I hope the Gator wins. He’s a gelding, so “could” turn out to be Australia’s next Superstar. The Cox Plate will be his spring goal I’ve been told.

$2.60 is far too short though Trumpy. Melody Belle, (Bosson ) Mr Quickie ( Oliver ) and Kolding ( Bowman ) will give him all he wants....;)

12 minutes ago, Trump said:

Whats he done? This is his first Real test ....Cox plate? I just cant see it Trumpy

C

2 hours ago, Gruff said:

Whats he done? This is his first Real test ....Cox plate? I just cant see it Trumpy

Cant understand your logic - it’s almost “Tall Poppy” like. Prior to the Australian Guineas everyone was talking the quality of the race up, how the 1600m will find him out, Catalyst etc etc, yet he won comfortably leading all the way, a sitting duck, yet too good! It seems that he’s going to have doubters everytime he starts, until he loses and then the “I told you so” brigade will come out. The Cox Plate was in the plan last year - Well before he’d demolished the Aust Guineas field. 

7 hours ago, Trump said:

C

Cant understand your logic - it’s almost “Tall Poppy” like. Prior to the Australian Guineas everyone was talking the quality of the race up, how the 1600m will find him out, Catalyst etc etc, yet he won comfortably leading all the way, a sitting duck, yet too good! It seems that he’s going to have doubters everytime he starts, until he loses and then the “I told you so” brigade will come out. The Cox Plate was in the plan last year - Well before he’d demolished the Aust Guineas field. 

We have seen some quality performances from A Blood but we havnt seen a performance to Stamp  him as a Superstar,races where a horse some how finds a way to win with no right given the circumstances. Levante is a great example (although unproven) in this respect, the quality of opposition may not be considered worthy but the will to win against the odds seperates ‘X’ factor Individuals. The Wise ones are confident for the Cox , but have we seen anything thus far to suggest hes a major player? We will know after Saturday , and then you get your chance to say  ‘i told you so ‘ :rcfe-happy-3:

Cant see my Logic ? 

Wouldnt it be the ‘Logical ‘ move ( particularly economically)to isolate those most at risk of dying (by choice) of the Coronavirus who are mostly sick or retired instead of closing everything else down? Italy being the main example, Especially given the fact some people can carry without showing symptoms. What do we normally do during the Flu season :rcf-thinking-1: 

if that makes no sense then my logic is flawed ,so disregard my comments involving Gator Blood :rcf-sad-1::rcf-laughing-2: Go the Quickster :rcfe-like:

12 hours ago, Gruff said:

We have seen some quality performances from A Blood but we havnt seen a performance to Stamp  him as a Superstar,races where a horse some how finds a way to win with no right given the circumstances. Levante is a great example (although unproven) in this respect, the quality of opposition may not be considered worthy but the will to win against the odds seperates ‘X’ factor Individuals. The Wise ones are confident for the Cox , but have we seen anything thus far to suggest hes a major player? We will know after Saturday , and then you get your chance to say  ‘i told you so ‘ :rcfe-happy-3:

Are you suggesting Levante is better than Alligator Blood?? Levante has beaten nothing.

21 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Are you suggesting Levante is better than Alligator Blood?? Levante has beaten nothing.

Where did i say that Doomy? But i will suggest Mr Quickie is :rcfe-like:

26 minutes ago, Trump said:

Meeting is on - but no race goers allowed! Maybe this will trip up The Gator? No cheering to keep him going!! :) 

He might not run yet Trumpy....owner not happy...

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/alligator-blood-could-be-scratched-from-all-star-mile-due-to-fan-lockout-20200313

$40,000 bet at $5.50 on Melody Belle....?! Ballsy....

3 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

He might not run yet Trumpy....owner not happy...

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/alligator-blood-could-be-scratched-from-all-star-mile-due-to-fan-lockout-20200313

$40,000 bet at $5.50 on Melody Belle....?! Ballsy....

These people saying this and that most people just common cold , it's very sad for him and his family , I can understand his disappointment  however imho it's the correct decision . The fit and hardier among the population have a huge responsibility to look after the vulnerable by towing the line and doing what the hell they are told by the health professionals.   Personally I want to go racing in a few months time seeing the old buggers fit and well , supping a beer and having  a punt , not laid waste to because we all know best , fxxk everyone else .

A few months Rummy? These Very extreme measures dont make any sense. Its not even Flu season in Australasia yet ,so this is going to be very very drawn out in our part of the world ,as numbers of those affected drop in the northern hemisphere as their season ends. Isolating those most at risk surely would of been the less extreme course of action while others carry on their lives taking on just another disease of many that has the potential to kill us. We are still spreading this virus going about our less restricted activities anyway ,so unless we are all placed on Home detention these existing measures are just buying a little time to immunocompromised individuals, and it is those individuals who should be taking extreme measures.Time will Tell, but how much? 

5 minutes ago, Gruff said:

A few months Rummy? These Very extreme measures dont make any sense. Its not even Flu season in Australasia yet ,so this is going to be very very drawn out in our part of the world ,as numbers of those affected drop in the northern hemisphere as their season ends. Isolating those most at risk surely would of been the less extreme course of action while others carry on their lives taking on just another disease of many that has the potential to kill us. We are still spreading this virus going about our less restricted activities anyway ,so unless we are all placed on Home detention these existing measures are just buying a little time to immunocompromised individuals, and it is those individuals who should be taking extreme measures.Time will Tell, but how much? 

Iam no doctor but have some experience dealing with close knit work teams crammed together  and sports teams where infection control is vital to remain at full bore , real basic suff that most with half a clue would know . Every trainer in NZ or farmer would be well on the ball with it , subject matter experts . I just think we need to take a breath , stop , buy some time so all plans are in place , money can be recovered slowly over years , peoples old grandma's and grandad or the kid with severe asthma cannot . I know life must go on but short pause let experts plan plan , get supplies in place and go again .

I agree a few months is glass half full and heading into winter it's not flash for us . 

22 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Iam no doctor but have some experience dealing with close knit work teams crammed together  and sports teams where infection control is vital to remain at full bore , real basic suff that most with half a clue would know . Every trainer in NZ or farmer would be well on the ball with it , subject matter experts . I just think we need to take a breath , stop , buy some time so all plans are in place , money can be recovered slowly over years , peoples old grandma's and grandad or the kid with severe asthma cannot . I know life must go on but short pause let experts plan plan , get supplies in place and go again .

I agree a few months is glass half full and heading into winter it's not flash for us . 

The Club have sorted the family out with a function room on the edge of the track by so they are happy and AB will run.

Hope he goes well for them...but Kolding, Melody Belle and Mr Quickie will be the test late on.....:rcfe-like:

9 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

The Club have sorted the family out with a function room on the edge of the track by so they are happy and AB will run.

Hope he goes well for them...but Kolding, Melody Belle and Mr Quickie will be the test late on.....:rcfe-like:

The only danger to Alligator is the Legendary Stopper. Having said that, if he has come to the end of his long campaign and goes down in a tough thriller, I think there’s only one or two possible party poopers. Melody Belle and Fierce Impact. 

5 minutes ago, Trump said:

The only danger to Alligator is the Legendary Stopper. Having said that, if he has come to the end of his long campaign and goes down in a tough thriller, I think there’s only one or two possible party poopers. Melody Belle and Fierce Impact. 

Ollie committed to Mr Quickie some time ago..set for this and great first up last time. Kolding has blinkers on first time so might improve.