RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
slam dunk

Cut salaries,,,NOW !!

Racing has to move fast as the downturn is most likely to be vicious. One way to act is to cut all salaries to a max of $150,000 across the board. That includes all managers, CEO's of all racing organisations. All golden handshakes must be stopped and where contracts written Parliament should enact a law to allow overriding contracts in these extraordinary times. Racing as an industry is extremely vulnerable to this downturn and everyone involved must be looking at ways to keep its viability.

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

Racing has to move fast as the downturn is most likely to be vicious. One way to act is to cut all salaries to a max of $150,000 across the board. That includes all managers, CEO's of all racing organisations. All golden handshakes must be stopped and where contracts written Parliament should enact a law to allow overriding contracts in these extraordinary times. Racing as an industry is extremely vulnerable to this downturn and everyone involved must be looking at ways to keep its viability.

Wash your mouth , why would you want to take money off these high achievers . My suggestion to them is to make every $1 bet cost $1.20 , this should cover any downturn and make sure all of our hard working senior managers salaries are well insulated against this downturn .

6 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Our company has reacted already and we have been traveling really well!
I guess that is the difference.?

16 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Air New Zealand chief has off own accord foregone any salary for the rest of the year. And as  was the common theme in telethon days challenges all other CEO's of struggling enterprises to do the same.

I read it was 1.65 mIllion , he lopped off 250k from it so still has about 1.4 mill to play with . Maybe he has upgraded to taking nothing at all. Has he ? Anyway good on him anyway whatever the cut but bit of difference zero to mill plus .

Good for the old climate the lack of planes I suppose . Glass half full and all that , kids protesting all a bit redundant now anyway , like all of us they will wise up with age and bills to pay in real world . Although the long suffering owner may get a transport cut as gas going to be cheaper than water soon. 

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

Air New Zealand chief has off own accord foregone any salary for the rest of the year. And as  was the common theme in telethon days challenges all other CEO's of struggling enterprises to do the same.

I think you will find thats the Qantas chief.....for the rest of the financial year

14 hours ago, drewandjo said:

I think you will find thats the Qantas chief.....for the rest of the financial year

Only his Salary drewandjo. I think you’ll find that last financial year, his salary was only about 12% of his total income! 

Quick bold action is required right now everywhere. 

Does anyone agree that all jumps racing be suspended for this season and substituted with flat races for qualified jumpers.

One of the reasons would be aleviating stress on hospitals with injuries. And off course the economics.

These are revolutionary times. Possibility of mass unemployment. Any job is a good job. it is obscene that there are non required personnel each "stealing" hundreds of thousands in salaries. Racing does not need self professed marketing gurus promoting fixed odds over tote betting. an exercise that is dubious at best. At least $5 million can be saved by bringing back salaries to the level I outlined and immediately.

Most likely if these absurd salaries persist across all industries there will be blood on the streets. Mark my words. 

On 3/10/2020 at 1:30 PM, slam dunk said:

Maybe all Racing CEO'S should be paid in Bonus bets:rcfe-love:

On 3/19/2020 at 9:31 AM, slam dunk said:

These are revolutionary times. Possibility of mass unemployment. Any job is a good job. it is obscene that there are non required personnel each "stealing" hundreds of thousands in salaries. Racing does not need self professed marketing gurus promoting fixed odds over tote betting. an exercise that is dubious at best. At least $5 million can be saved by bringing back salaries to the level I outlined and immediately.

Most likely if these absurd salaries persist across all industries there will be blood on the streets. Mark my words. 

Good post. That is why a proper leader would do.