RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Auckland noms Friday

2 hours ago, eljay said:

Are trainers saying "we don't want miles"??

I heard a few months back that the 'mile' experiment was' quite popular' or 'going well'.

Kinda obvious with only 58 noms for 9 races , that the trainers are not being spoken too .

One race now has ZERO noms , another 1.....its a disgrace.

Has any 'feedback' been sought from trainers.

Its the same old story....gets boring talking about it on here.

Things would have already 'hit the wall' if RDunn and MHouse had not ventured north .

Does anyone care ?

I emailed the CEO recently about lack of horses in North and he assures me they are working on it !

Perhaps someone could explain something to this simple soul. No noms for the fillies and mares maiden (surely a first) but four fillies and mares nominated for the all sexes maiden over the same distance for the same stake. Surely that is a bit strange.

44 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Perhaps someone could explain something to this simple soul. No noms for the fillies and mares maiden (surely a first) but four fillies and mares nominated for the all sexes maiden over the same distance for the same stake. Surely that is a bit strange.

Originally the 4 females were nominated for fillies only....there was 60 in total for the night.

Couple hours later the 4 were transferred to race boys with PBD...noms then went down to 58.

One dropped out of main trot.

Surely there will be extra noms before fields close tomorrow....probably horses just making up the numbers , more of a trial.

6 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Originally the 4 females were nominated for fillies only....there was 60 in total for the night.

Couple hours later the 4 were transferred to race boys with PBD...noms then went down to 58.

One dropped out of main trot.

Surely there will be extra noms before fields close tomorrow....probably horses just making up the numbers , more of a trial.

In my experience, they don't often get many extra noms by extending the time.

That's because they're not pro-actively chasing them by ringing trainers - they just seem to sit back and hope!

Down to 55 noms - 5 races.       Surely the first thing they must do is report to members why, what is going on, whats being done to improve the situation- and next week there are meetings at both Cambridge (Thursday) and Auckland (Friday).     No good saying the old "we are looking at it" - I think everyone wants action and urgency.    

20 minutes ago, eljay said:

Down to 55 noms - 5 races.       Surely the first thing they must do is report to members why, what is going on, whats being done to improve the situation- and next week there are meetings at both Cambridge (Thursday) and Auckland (Friday).     No good saying the old "we are looking at it" - I think everyone wants action and urgency.    

Email CEO eljay......let him know what members are feeling !

I did.

Does anyone care ?

This problem hasn't just suddenly came out of nowhere !

13 hours ago, Taku Umanga said:

Auckland = 58 noms

Addington = 136

Banks Peninsula (grass) = 213 

So owners and trainers moan about stakes levels yet  are not prepared to run when the money is put up. 8-9 k races at Mot attract 213 noms. NZMTC have 10 k minimums and top race worth 20 K yet they only get 127 noms.

To me that just smacks of amateur behaviour or plain stupidity IMHO.

Greg

surely they ring most trainers !...was always important when noms light to ring round and ask(beg) for horses for the meet. If they don't as you suggest Taku then that would be extremely poor.. When I used to one problem was some trainers (clever buggers) would say yes will bring 2 down but second one got no form but guarantee a start for both and good draws, and will come !. (always worked out by some "miracle" lol)

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

So owners and trainers moan about stakes levels yet  are not prepared to run when the money is put up. 8-9 k races at Mot attract 213 noms. NZMTC have 10 k minimums and top race worth 20 K yet they only get 127 noms.

To me that just smacks of amateur behaviour or plain stupidity IMHO.

Greg

Or is it the fact the atmosphere is better on course, the dividends are better and the racing is more exciting and better to watch on grass.

5 hours ago, MisterEd said:

Or is it the fact the atmosphere is better on course, the dividends are better and the racing is more exciting and better to watch on grass.

So your in the amateur behavior  camp??

And I'm not saying that's a bad thing

6 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

So your in the amateur behavior  camp??

And I'm not saying that's a bad thing

I am saying the numbers speak for themselves. Grass tracks in the Canterbury area seem to attract 200+ noms every time they are on. Maybe HRNZ, Addington Auckland should be asking the question why?

5 hours ago, MisterEd said:

I am saying the numbers speak for themselves. Grass tracks in the Canterbury area seem to attract 200+ noms every time they are on. Maybe HRNZ, Addington Auckland should be asking the question why?

I just can't be arsed looking at the moment, I'm too lazy... but is the reason there are more noms at the Mot than the Met, due to the ratings system offerings? E.g more lower class races are scheduled at the Mot than the Met, so more horses are entered there, than the higher class of ratings on offer at the Met? 

15 minutes ago, A Poutama said:

We would love to have horses suitable for nights like these. Unfortunately we can only be competitive at Cambridge. 

What type (other than fast) of horse would be suited to nights like these? 

The highest assessed horse accepted for the night is R64 and there are 2 maiden races out of the 5 races. With all respect to connections, the fields aren't exactly chocka block of classy performers. 

Not a fan of mile racing myself, but I would have thought the sprint trip would have evened out the playing field a bit, especially with PBDs in use. 

24 minutes ago, Rusty said:

What type (other than fast) of horse would be suited to nights like these? 

The highest assessed horse accepted for the night is R64 and there are 2 maiden races out of the 5 races. With all respect to connections, the fields aren't exactly chocka block of classy performers. 

Not a fan of mile racing myself, but I would have thought the sprint trip would have evened out the playing field a bit, especially with PBDs in use. 

Speed and the distance. We don’t like what’s happening up here either it puts young trainers in an anxious position as well