crustyngrizzly

Pooping in own nest

10 posts in this topic

The South Dakota native American trible of oglala souix are hoping to legalise recreation and personal marijuana in a vote to be held shortly.They say it could bring in millions to their Pine Ridge reservation.If your not a member of the tribe it will still be illegal.

For years the Cheifs have complained that booze and drugs were destroying  their young,now they want to legalize it.

Can't wait to see the reults in a few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

There is huge natural mineral wealth worth trillions on some of the Indian reservations, but development is stymied by the Federal Government.

The American Native Indians have been shafted forever, and they used to have it so good.....;)

D602694E-F70A-4517-93D4-53D7F68D7351.jpeg

And now the less talked about reality , so much for SHAFTED forever , that's what happened to their slaves .

Members of five Native American nations, the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Creek, and Seminole Nations (known as the Five Tribes), owned black slaves

Cherokee Nation citizens owned 2,511 slaves (15 percent of their total population), Choctaw citizens owned 2,349 slaves (14 percent of their total population), and Creek citizens owned 1,532 slaves (10 percent of their total population). Chickasaw citizens owned 975 slaves which amounted to 18 percent of their total population .

This made the Chickasaws the largest slave-holding nation of the Five Tribes, in proportion to their population.  

Large-scale crop production and the system of slavery that made it possible and lucrative were mainly adopted by wealthier Native families, whose prosperity allowed them to influence the political, social, and economic affairs of their nations if emancipation took place. The Five Tribes involved themselves in the Civil War militarily to preserve their practice of slavery and to fight for political autonomy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tripple alliance said:

And now the less talked about reality , so much for SHAFTED forever , that's what happened to their slaves .

Members of five Native American nations, the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Creek, and Seminole Nations (known as the Five Tribes), owned black slaves

Cherokee Nation citizens owned 2,511 slaves (15 percent of their total population), Choctaw citizens owned 2,349 slaves (14 percent of their total population), and Creek citizens owned 1,532 slaves (10 percent of their total population). Chickasaw citizens owned 975 slaves which amounted to 18 percent of their total population .

This made the Chickasaws the largest slave-holding nation of the Five Tribes, in proportion to their population.  

Large-scale crop production and the system of slavery that made it possible and lucrative were mainly adopted by wealthier Native families, whose prosperity allowed them to influence the political, social, and economic affairs of their nations if emancipation took place. The Five Tribes involved themselves in the Civil War militarily to preserve their practice of slavery and to fight for political autonomy. 

So the relevance to the Sioux is what.....?? :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A quote from Red Cloud of the Oglala Teton Sioux

''They made us many promises,more than i can remember,but they never kept but one.

They promised to take our land,and they took it''

A quote from Chief Washakie of the Shoshoni

''Do a kindness to a whiteman,he feels it in his head and his tongue speaks.

Do a kindness to an Indian,he feels it in his heart,the heart has no tongue.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

So the relevance to the Sioux is what.....?? :rolleyes:

Who mentioned the Sioux,  just explaining a fact  , the so called  poor down trodden hard done by Indians weren't so pure  after all ,  they owned thousands of black slaves . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Who mentioned the Sioux,  just explaining a fact  , the so called  poor down trodden hard done by Indians weren't so pure  after all ,  they owned thousands of black slaves . 

That’s what the post is about moron. Stick to the Trump thread where all the other bullshit lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

That’s what the post is about moron. Stick to the Trump thread where all the other bullshit lives.

  (1) So are you saying American Indians didn't own thousands of black slaves ? , they owned thousands .. 

 

6 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

There is huge natural mineral wealth worth trillions on some of the Indian reservations, but development is stymied by the Federal Government.

 (2) You say "some of the reservations" , NOT just Sioux .

The fact is the American Indians weren't saints , they abused plenty of black slaves but we only ever hear about the southern plantation owners owning and abusing slaves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 National Congress of American Indians of the United States do hereby establish and submit the following resolution.

In 2012, largely at the request of Tribes and other stakeholders, the prior Administration withdrew 1,006,545 acres of public lands near the Grand Canyon from new uranium and other hard rock mining claims, to protect the region and the Colorado River from environmental degradation .

The mining industry has been advocating for the Administration to lift mining moratoriums and allow mineral exploration on federal lands;

NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that the National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) hereby opposes any efforts by the Administration or Congress to reverse mineral withdrawals that would negatively impact tribal lands, natural resources, cultural resources, tribal water rights, or Native people; and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that this resolution shall be the policy of NCAI until it is withdrawn or modified by subsequent resolution.

SO IF the American Indians want to continue to play the poor me card this is how they are doing it , oppose any land development and continue to cry poverty .

I would say that's well and truly POOPING in their own nest .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So they want to protect their land and water sources from Uranium mining..? Pretty sensible I’d say. Once the water is fucked, so are they. Difficult decision to keep people employed and bring in much needed income while balancing that with environmental and long term health problems that nobody wants. Excellent summary here....

https://www.nbcnews.com/specials/navajo-coal

Mind you with morons like Trump and McSally involved, anything could happen.

https://biologicaldiversity.org/w/news/press-releases/groups-urge-arizona-sen-mcsally-protect-grand-canyon-uranium-mining-2020-02-24/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now