RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Black Kirrama

Auckland Cup Day last 600m tImes.

TerrIfic Day of racing don't you think?

AccordIng to NZR  three horses broke 33 seconds for theIr  last 600m times on the day.

They were.:

R8  2000m  Prise de Fer   32.63   ( 5th)

Supera            32.68   (3rd)

Avantage         32.76   (1st )

R6 1200m  Vernazza         33.18  (2nd)

R3 PackIng Rockstar        33.40 

R6 Coolazabeel                 33.29

Come In Please Neil Davis. 

Who verIfies these sectional times.

Do the horses only wear transponders on their saddle cloths on Group One Days?

Why aren't sectIonals available regularly from all NZ Metrop courses ?

Rev

Revel,

Videos is something you know a bit about.

So if every video frame has a number and there are 25 frames per second then it shouldn't be hard extracting using software a timecode. Proviso being some frames being duplicates.

Live on the day apparently the TV people reckon there are problems e.g. start time, multiple cameras etc with overlaying stop watch timing over the images.

However there can be no excuse for not processing the final video and showing it in the overnight replays overlayed with the actual progressive race time.

Need to invest in something like Trakus. Out of America, I think but in use in Victoria https://www.racingvictoria.com.au/the-sport/trainers/trakus

I think the "ride with" function is a good thing. You can watch a replay of the race from the perspective of a jockey of your choice in the race.

Not sure what it costs. But the more accurate information the better.

Sectional times for the last 600 are available on the love racing form but you have to wait til the fields are published. A ĺist of times or a summary similar to "sectional stars" put out by racing .com is what we need straight after the meeting. 

Novice punter here.

1) For the final 600m the clock starts when the race leader hits the 600m post and 

2) If the eventual race winner is say a length behind the leader at the 600m how much time do we add on for a true final sectional

Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, Mustang Sally said:

Novice punter here.

1) For the final 600m the clock starts when the race leader hits the 600m post and 

2) If the eventual race winner is say a length behind the leader at the 600m how much time do we add on for a true final sectional

Thanks in advance

A horse is approx 2.4 m long, and at Even time ( 1 min 1000m ) a Horse travels at 16.66 metres per second which  equates to just under 7 lengths a second . Winx ran a 10.3 sec 200 m section between the 400 and 200 m marks at Randwick (19.4 m/s)after missing the start running down Foxplay which equates to around 8 lengths per second . I think the 400m section is more defining, the 600 m to 400 m can be more inconsistent

On 3/8/2020 at 10:03 PM, Black Kirrama said:

TerrIfic Day of racing don't you think?

AccordIng to NZR  three horses broke 33 seconds for theIr  last 600m times on the day.

They were.:

R8  2000m  Prise de Fer   32.63   ( 5th)

Supera            32.68   (3rd)

Avantage         32.76   (1st )

R6 1200m  Vernazza         33.18  (2nd)

R3 PackIng Rockstar        33.40 

R6 Coolazabeel                 33.29

Come In Please Neil Davis. 

Who verIfies these sectional times.

Do the horses only wear transponders on their saddle cloths on Group One Days?

Why aren't sectIonals available regularly from all NZ Metrop courses ?

Rev

All individual last 600m are available in the formlines on the loveracing.nz site. I also do a full breakdown of sectionals for Ellerslie which are available here

Yes, it would be ideal if we had transponders to collate them, but the cost prevents that and is likely to do so for a while yet! 

On 3/9/2020 at 6:31 PM, Nukkledragga said:

Sectional times for the last 600 are available on the love racing form but you have to wait til the fields are published. A ĺist of times or a summary similar to "sectional stars" put out by racing .com is what we need straight after the meeting. 

That would be ideal. I'd be keen to do that myself but copyright laws prevents me using the video replay along with the sectionals. It was only a minor meeting, but here is the sectional breakdown with comments, speed ratings, fastest last 600ms, notable last 200m etc of yesterday's Rotorua ghost meeting