RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

Auckland Cup

I was just going through the form looking for a “good value” runner who may be “Overs” in the betting. Thoughts of having a small ew on it. I looked at a horse called SOLESEIFEI. It’s showing $9 on the NZ Tote but I can get $24 elsewhere. Looking at its Wellington Cup win, it was an unbelievable run. The widest runner for the first 1600m, parked 4 and 5 wide from the start until The Jockey slotted in the one/one early into the back straight. At first, I thought maybe the Jockey was one of those pommies who like to sit wide, like some of those Melb Cup rides that have stuffed the chances of many. But no, it was a good NZ Jockey. Getting the horse in to that position eventually was great. This mare had to give in when the whips started to crack but she didn’t and that Melb Cup staying blood of Shocking came to the fore. A fantastic staying performance. So I’ve had a look at her AVONDALE Cup run and it was another beauty - very strong to the line with the big Hua FELAAR dwarfing her on the outside. At $24, I reckon with a strong staying test up the straight and then from the turn out to the 800m peg, shes a great ew bet over the 3200m. I think FELAAR might be a bit Suss over the 3200m, given he’s from a Faltaat mare. Can SOLESEIFEI do the double? The $24 ew is tempting.

1 hour ago, crustyngrizzly said:

If ever a horse had the right parentage to be an Auckland Cup winner you can't go past Dragon Storm.

Sire Shocking won a Melb Cup and its dam won the Auckland Cup twice for G.Sanders.

Could be at nice odds.

Paul Cavie’s first pick....:o

1 hour ago, Trump said:

I was just going through the form looking for a “good value” runner who may be “Overs” in the betting. Thoughts of having a small ew on it. I looked at a horse called SOLESEIFEI. It’s showing $9 on the NZ Tote but I can get $24 elsewhere. Looking at its Wellington Cup win, it was an unbelievable run. The widest runner for the first 1600m, parked 4 and 5 wide from the start until The Jockey slotted in the one/one early into the back straight. At first, I thought maybe the Jockey was one of those pommies who like to sit wide, like some of those Melb Cup rides that have stuffed the chances of many. But no, it was a good NZ Jockey. Getting the horse in to that position eventually was great. This mare had to give in when the whips started to crack but she didn’t and that Melb Cup staying blood of Shocking came to the fore. A fantastic staying performance. So I’ve had a look at her AVONDALE Cup run and it was another beauty - very strong to the line with the big Hua FELAAR dwarfing her on the outside. At $24, I reckon with a strong staying test up the straight and then from the turn out to the 800m peg, shes a great ew bet over the 3200m. I think FELAAR might be a bit Suss over the 3200m, given he’s from a Faltaat mare. Can SOLESEIFEI do the double? The $24 ew is tempting.

Certainly a chance Trumpy. Looks like Platinum Invador and Azuro for mine.

1 hour ago, crustyngrizzly said:

If ever a horse had the right parentage to be an Auckland Cup winner you can't go past Dragon Storm.

Sire Shocking won a Melb Cup and its dam won the Auckland Cup twice for G.Sanders.

Could be at nice odds.

Nice breeding Crusty - but the horse hasn’t lived up to it yet.!Only had 3 wins - all on its home track and has struggled in 6 runs at Ellerslie. As they say at the Sales, “ I’ll just let her by”. I think I’ll go fo SOLESEIFEI ew and throw a number of multi’s around her. Her odds of $20 with Ladbrokes and others will mean some juicy tri/F4/Quin divies. Good luck to you whatever you choose. 

I had a very good Wellington cup day thanks to Solsefei. Similar sort of lead up here....an ok run over middle distance race prior, then on to two miles. I think that might have been the first go round righ handled? Seemed to handle it ok. 

Good form over 16f. 

Worth a lick at 20s, certainly with the four places on TAB fixed, $4.50 seems enticing. 

Sound looks very good and may be too good for all of them. 

On 3/7/2020 at 11:26 AM, Trump said:

Nice breeding Crusty - but the horse hasn’t lived up to it yet.!Only had 3 wins - all on its home track and has struggled in 6 runs at Ellerslie. As they say at the Sales, “ I’ll just let her by”. I think I’ll go fo SOLESEIFEI ew and throw a number of multi’s around her. Her odds of $20 with Ladbrokes and others will mean some juicy tri/F4/Quin divies. Good luck to you whatever you choose. 

Dragon Storm would go well i the Jericho...bred to run 4 miles and a bit one-paced.

On 3/7/2020 at 10:08 AM, crustyngrizzly said:

Could be at nice odds.

CG, stating the obvious Roger That had a better one and he did go past Dragon Storm