RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gubellini

Only at Te Teko!

Great day at the Te Teko Trials yesterday. Track had been well watered and presented a great surface. First trial was delayed because a patron was stung by a wasp and had to be ferried to Whakatane Hospital. Luckily the club had two ambulances on course. A group of about 20 Canadians were on course and an enterprising club official organised the equivalent of the old time equalisator for them. Good to see a bit of opposition to the TAB! Another official located nine wasp nests in the public stand and fumigated them! A new on course experience for me!

Hoofnote : The two horses I have shares in both won. All power to these small clubs like Te Teko!

What a great idea.  I recall equalisators being in use at the Kaituna gymkhana, and also at the fledgling Amberley races [ many years ago...! ] 

Seems a good way to create a bit of fun and interest,  and maybe make a wee bit of dosh as well?

Guarantee someone would find a rule and ban the practice if it became popular, though.

1 hour ago, Pam Robson said:

What a great idea.  I recall equalisators being in use at the Kaituna gymkhana, and also at the fledgling Amberley races [ many years ago...! ] 

Seems a good way to create a bit of fun and interest,  and maybe make a wee bit of dosh as well?

Guarantee someone would find a rule and ban the practice if it became popular, though.

Huranui races run an equilisator.  Every two years now I think , I missed it this year .

8 minutes ago, CosmicBlackie said:

Cracker day Red Rum, agree about the equalisator , everyone got involved.

Something different , is it still every two ? . They did or may still have farm workers  hacks race , was like the charge of the light brigade when I was there a few years back. Awesome stuff .

At TeTeko years ago  it was a wet Sunday ,pouring down a mates horse was racing that we all went over  to see . When his race came around the trainer said he had scratched the horse as it hated wet tracks , our mate said he wanted to run him  and go and get him reinstated ,trainer said he can't do that so owner [being a mild mannered man] then punched trainer who intern punched back and an almighty brawl between them insured and I mean some good punches  ,ah don't you love the good old days ,Cheers BH

30 minutes ago, Boss Hogg said:

At TeTeko years ago  it was a wet Sunday ,pouring down a mates horse was racing that we all went over  to see . When his race came around the trainer said he had scratched the horse as it hated wet tracks , our mate said he wanted to run him  and go and get him reinstated ,trainer said he can't do that so owner [being a mild mannered man] then punched trainer who intern punched back and an almighty brawl between them insured and I mean some good punches  ,ah don't you love the good old days ,Cheers BH

....so what happened on Monday after the horse got back home.!!!

Hi Ponderosa I remember the owner took the horse home and had it in his back yard and was going to train it himself .Which was a great idea except he didn't have a clue what was the front of a horse from the back .He had a big party to celebrate his new vocation as a trainer and the beer flowed which was great,  But the trainer had put in a complaint and the racing bosses banned him for 10 years or something like that .He moved to Brisbane and actually trained a few horses over there . He was a great bloke and we had a lot of laughs loved those times Cheers BH

8 minutes ago, Boss Hogg said:

Hi Ponderosa I remember the owner took the horse home and had it in his back yard and was going to train it himself .Which was a great idea except he didn't have a clue what was the front of a horse from the back .He had a big party to celebrate his new vocation as a trainer and the beer flowed which was great,  But the trainer had put in a complaint and the racing bosses banned him for 10 years or something like that .He moved to Brisbane and actually trained a few horses over there . He was a great bloke and we had a lot of laughs loved those times Cheers BH

Always admired the trainers with the balls to train for the Chechen leader . Be a tough  call if one goes wrong . Not an owner to mess with I'd guess .