RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Patiti

Bernard's blog

Just back from a conference in South Africa where he has learnt that comingling is a way forward.

NZ has been leading the way with this for years.

Reads like its all news to him.

5G ???

One reason the TAB moved to the new platform so they will be able to adapt quickly to this.

All news to him??

One wonders how he would manage and at what cost the future environment he proposes without the NZ Tab.

46 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

C’mon team it’s NZTR ... you know they’re irrelevant and dysfunctional. 
If their salaries were performance linked they’d all be paying us. 

Speaking of NZTR Leo , anyone heard or seen MIA.He has been conspicuous by his absence for a while now

Greg

Speaking of the webpage.  Does anyone else find that sometimes the tab site will not load on the web browser in the phone, so you go to the app and the app works.  A work around but it should work everywhere.  Bet365, Ladborkes etc work on both all the time.

Do I just have this issue or anyone else experience it?

4 hours ago, Patiti said:

Just back from a conference in South Africa where he has learnt that comingling is a way forward.

NZ has been leading the way with this for years.

Reads like its all news to him.

5G ???

One reason the TAB moved to the new platform so they will be able to adapt quickly to this.

All news to him??

One wonders how he would manage and at what cost the future environment he proposes without the NZ Tab.

BS is no better than previous leaders of NZTR , so i go back to a question i asked a couple of weeks ago , " has this man done achieved anything of significance whilst in charge ? " , something that has made or is going to make difference to the future of NZ racing . Surely he could have made some small gain for us somewhere . Cause i'm blank .

1 hour ago, nomates said:

BS is no better than previous leaders of NZTR , so i go back to a question i asked a couple of weeks ago , " has this man done achieved anything of significance whilst in charge ? " , something that has made or is going to make difference to the future of NZ racing . Surely he could have made some small gain for us somewhere . Cause i'm blank .

I wonder if the Ozzie clubs who employed ex NZ racing officials are asking the same question.

Only time will tell

Greg

1 hour ago, nomates said:

Perhaps both countries will start sending crap racing officials back to their country of birth like they are with criminals .

Im not sure the Kiwis will come home in a hurry, they have recently  found Utopia.

Greg

My question would be, “WTF is he doing at a Conference in South Africa?”. What possible change could be made, eminating from a conference on South Africa? FFS, “All” trips, overseas junkets, swapsies etc should be abandoned/banned, until such time as the NZ Racing Industry gets the home scene sorted out. Unbelievable.

One major problem here is that when Bernard took the job on , he realized he was heading into a real sh*tstorm.

However upon realizing stakeholders were all arguing amongst themselves and pissing into the wind and he actually didn't have to do anything of significance , you couldn't wipe the smile off his face !!!

He knows how to play the game and he's playing it for all it's worth.

Why would he go to SA for a conference ?? Berri is right , where is the transcripts , lessons learned ??

Every time we took a field trip at school we had to write a 1000 page essay about EVERYTHING that happened on that trip (usually paid for by ourselves through fundraising)

JA was the same , once he realized we were all talk and no action , he had the sweetest ride of all time.

WTF was RITA doing rehiring him ,says it all really.

In saying that , there was positive news this , BDLs blog makes more sense than Bernards

On 3/5/2020 at 2:25 PM, Berri said:

Why aren’t the transcripts or video footage available for us to see? If we’re allowing them to spend our money, then why can’t we demand this?

That was it , his blog. He is just letting you know he dropped an industry day maiden race on a trip to SA.

On 3/5/2020 at 10:11 PM, Trump said:

Blame the Board. Given the current State of NZ Racing, they should have a ban on all unnecessary travel. South Africa? You’re kidding?

Why blame anyone? Other racing administrators are out there talking about cricket,playing golf and being jockeys agents.

1 hour ago, Huey said:

Why blame anyone? Other racing administrators are out there talking about cricket,playing golf and being jockeys agents.

Different scenario. I thought we were discussing BS traveling to South Africa to a Conference, which more than likely will have no bearing/effect on NZ Racing, given the poor state it’s in and the lack of “true”reform. The Board should be putting the breaks on costs, starting with overseas trips that will have no positive effect on NZ’s problems.

57 minutes ago, Trump said:

Different scenario. I thought we were discussing BS traveling to South Africa to a Conference, which more than likely will have no bearing/effect on NZ Racing, given the poor state it’s in and the lack of “true”reform. The Board should be putting the breaks on costs, starting with overseas trips that will have no positive effect on NZ’s problems.

It's not different at all, its being implied his trip to SA was a junket and potentially a waste of industry resources , no different to others in the industry taking the proverbial also...well I suppose it is different they never get called out .