RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Sublimate

Official start times

Hey guys, got a dispute with an Australian bookmaker over a NZ race where they said they erroneously accepted a bet 4 seconds after the jump and they have voided it. Is there any record of official start (jump) times available online? Cheers.

4 hours ago, Sublimate said:

Hey guys, got a dispute with an Australian bookmaker over a NZ race where they said they erroneously accepted a bet 4 seconds after the jump and they have voided it. Is there any record of official start (jump) times available online? Cheers.

What race Sub ?

On 3/1/2020 at 9:22 PM, Sublimate said:

R5 at Ellerslie yesterday (won by Iron Eagle). Cheers.

Luke from Tab Customer services says he cant see how he can help me with your account from another agency .... i made it clear the exact race start time was needed and i was a Loyal NZ Tab customer,and needed help...So the NZ Tab have no idea when the race closed. :rcf-thinking:  Im hoping Luke whos in customer ‘service’ is just Bone Lazy, this information must be relevant and surely known, if a sportsbet goes past closing and you get a result they DONT payout. How do they know :rcf-rich-1: am i barking up the wrong tree? Trackside TV would be the next avenue, the footage shows the time relative to  start...anyone else have anything? 

1 minute ago, We're Doomed said:

He should check with the club. I am pretty sure the club gets a report telling them what time each race started.

Tasman man 11 is your connection, he believes in Ellerslie at every level and is a glass half full kind of guy :rcfe-like:

NZTR must have every exact time of jump for every race  , it's in nearly every result list overseas  they must not publish it for some reason . It's a very important point of integrity , they will have it to the second .

Just now, Aaron Bidlake said:

Just find someone who recorded the days racing as the start time has that clock Ticking down in the corner then allow for the delay they have of 4(?) seconds. 

If NZTR do not have it I would be shocked , they must have it for this very reason .It's a very basic part of ensuring integrity . 

I've often wondered how start times actually work across the board. Are officials, the starter and the TAB synchronized? I doubt it. Mobile start harness seem to get going in the run up a few seconds before countdown but gallops take three minutes or more to load but rarely start loading until a minute before the advertised time leaving the possibility of all sorts of betting chicanery depending on where you are and who you bet with because they never start on " time ".

Example,  1st Leopardstown Sunday . 1.15 pm scheduled start time 1.15.08 official start time  . Race therefore starts 8 seconds late . Seriously are you guys telling me there is no official start time and that Sublime has to rewind the TV add subtract get a sun dial out to see the actual start time or contact a club member or something . There absolutely must be an official start time . If there is not , shut up shop give the whole thing away , put the horses in a retirement paddock  and don't bother shopping the races to big overseas bookies for money . It's so basic I've never even given it any thought until now , it's like breathing .

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

If NZTR do not have it I would be shocked , they must have it for this very reason .It's a very basic part of ensuring integrity . 

For sure, just the whole using  an offshore account they might not be so forthcoming with the information. 

6 minutes ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

For sure, just the whole using  an offshore account they might not be so forthcoming with the information. 

Agree , part of perils dealing with offshore . What he or she needs is the official NZTR start time , what time the bet was struck on offshore computer and there is the settling of case . If he/she dealing with the big corporates there will be no problems at all. The time is the time . 

Slightly different but dealing with time and seconds here or there . A few courses in UK have found small cameras on poles  set up around the odd course , also drones being used to beam pictures to persons unknown . With the TV delay of few seconds there is some kind of in running betting scam some crowd are running . Communication has come so far nowdays , to think a ringing scam over horse called Gay Future hinged around Cartmel racecourse only had one phone box and paying some big hard Irishman to hog it for half hour .

15 minutes ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

For sure, just the whole using  an offshore account they might not be so forthcoming with the 

NZTR must make that time available , it's published in most results everywhere else , not sure why they would be an arse about it . One line e mail " hello NZTR , what official  time did race 3 Omoto jump , kind Regards " . Job done .

Thanks for the replies everyone. In the end the bookmaker paid up after I found 2 losing bets in the past week that were accepted after the jump (my bets go to pending for up to 60 seconds most of the time). Funny that they didn't want to void the losing bets hey.... I did contact NZTR but have yet to get a reply, by the responses on this thread I won't hold my breath lol. Thanks again everyone, especially Gruff :)