RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Baz (NZ)

Te Akau Shark Phenomenal !

3 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Sure was Baz, stunning stuff and VE on target too

Yes...Terrific run from Very Eleegant (NZ) on a firm track over 1600m. :rcf-in-love:

My voice has gone after Probabeel (NZ) & Te Akau Shark's (NZ) wins! :rcf-monkey-2:

You would have thought I owned them both! :rcf-laughing-2:

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

Smartest guy in the room Bob Peters from Western Australia. The full brother to Verry Eleegant an absolute steel at the yearling sales.

$140,000 is a bit out of this working class battlers budget! :rcf-laughing-3: But in the scheme of things it does look a bargain! Good Luck to them! :rcfe-like:
I believe Race Cafes very own Caroline has a half brother to VERRY ELLEEGANT purchased from Karaka 2018 for $10,000...NOW THAT IS MY TYPE OF BARGAIN!  :rcf-in-love::rcf-happy-7:

4 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Yes...Terrific run from Very Eleegant (NZ) on a firm track over 1600m. :rcf-in-love:

My voice has gone after Probabeel (NZ) & Te Akau Shark's (NZ) wins! :rcf-monkey-2:

You would have thought I owned them both! :rcf-laughing-2:

Good job Te Akau done the biz in style  today in Aust to maintain NZ honour as the OZ bred horses dealt an arse kicking at Ellerslie , half the card , a trifecta and the big one to Aus bred . 

On 2/29/2020 at 6:41 PM, Baz (NZ) said:

WOW! JUST WOW! :rcf-shocked-2::rcf-happy-7::rcf-in-love:
GR.1 CHIPPING NORTON!

Terrific performance Baz.

At the end of 1600m he’s run home the last 600m in 32.59, which was clearly the best of the day with splits of 10.93, 10.62 and 11.04 and he was being eased through the line.....:rcfe-like:

4 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

At the end of 1600m he’s run home the last 600m in 32.59, which was clearly the best of the day with splits of 10.93, 10.62 and 11.04 and he was being eased through the line.....:rcfe-like:

If Danon Premium turns up in any half decent nick for QE2 it's a shut the gate job ,a quick look of races and horses behind him shows his level of form a number of kilos above anything here or in OZ . He dealt to Cox Plate winner last March . 

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

If Danon Premium turns up in any half decent nick for QE2 it's a shut the gate job ,a quick look of races and horses behind him shows his level of form a number of kilos above anything here or in OZ . He dealt to Cox Plate winner last March . 

Last March was a year ago RR and personally, a stat like that I rarely consider.

As a follower of racing and grandson’s cricket I can’t help thinking how alike are the two sports.

Both can deliver incredible highs and both can be soul destroying. Have watched Grandson in late teens carry his bat in a couple of innings then seen him slope off the field dejected after a series of ducks. A three ball duck on the weekend then annihilated the opposition with a 5-for wicket bag including a hattrick. A bowler can do a great job only to have catches put down by team mates, and a ton today is no guarantee of anything close to that tomorrow.

I’ve also had great expectations in racing only to have a horse run last one week then come out and win the following week, such is the racing rollercoaster and another break down when looking a winner. I therefore have the utmost respect for Jamie Richards and the load of expectation his owners heap on him. That little bird on the shoulder can easily fly away as a top mare becomes retired to stud, a horse loses form for no apparent reason, gets a knock or breaks down and things can go from hero to zero pretty quickly. The measure of the man is coming home to attend the other 95 horses in the stable, the owners of which all have similar aspirations and expectations to what transpired this past weekend. The pressure to continue this run of big race successes must be enormous. Expectations unsaid but still there nonetheless and its these expectations, anticipation and sometimes hoping against hope that keep us watching cricket because the next ball might end up in the grandstand or rattle the timber and that foal running around beside his Mum might just be a million dollar earner one day.

What a great sport.

3 hours ago, Red Rum said:

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/japanese-contenders-on-path-to-the-championships-20200302

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Last March was a year ago RR and personally, a stat like that I rarely consider.

As a follower of racing and grandson’s cricket I can’t help thinking how alike are the two sports.

Both can deliver incredible highs and both can be soul destroying. Have watched Grandson in late teens carry his bat in a couple of innings then seen him slope off the field dejected after a series of ducks. A three ball duck on the weekend then annihilated the opposition with a 5-for wicket bag including a hattrick. A bowler can do a great job only to have catches put down by team mates, and a ton today is no guarantee of anything close to that tomorrow.

I’ve also had great expectations in racing only to have a horse run last one week then come out and win the following week, such is the racing rollercoaster and another break down when looking a winner. I therefore have the utmost respect for Jamie Richards and the load of expectation his owners heap on him. That little bird on the shoulder can easily fly away as a top mare becomes retired to stud, a horse loses form for no apparent reason, gets a knock or breaks down and things can go from hero to zero pretty quickly. The measure of the man is coming home to attend the other 95 horses in the stable, the owners of which all have similar aspirations and expectations to what transpired this past weekend. The pressure to continue this run of big race successes must be enormous. Expectations unsaid but still there nonetheless and its these expectations, anticipation and sometimes hoping against hope that keep us watching cricket because the next ball might end up in the grandstand or rattle the timber and that foal running around beside his Mum might just be a million dollar earner one day.

What a great sport.

100 per cent agree , a great sport . Always something to look forward to and discuss , sometimes heated discussion . A diversion from everyday life . Jamie Richards could end up a great of racing , he has the pedigree as his family seem thoroughly decent people .His father a real professional .The handling of a slightly fragile TAS is a feat of training that is a credit to stable .

As for Danon Premium,  he's on the up . Improved since last March . Had 10 runs , gone out in first three line of betting in every start and his started in some of  best races Japan have in huge fields  , Tenno Sho, Mile Stakes, Derby . Won 6 placed 3 one forgive when hampered early  and run record time in Futurity . Beaten the likes of Win Bright,  Mozu Ascot multiple grp 1 winners , beaten and been closely beaten by Indy Champ , second to Almond Eye in Tenno Sho. Potentially if he turns up imho will be the best horse Japan have ever sent over . JRA rate him many pounds above Dierdre and Mer De Glace .He's good .

9 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Christ almighty, Richards team are finding more from this horse. Exciting times ahead, Avilius wasnt to shabby in this either :rcfe-like:

10 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Christ almighty, Richards team are finding more from this horse. Exciting times ahead, Avilius wasnt to shabby in this either :rcfe-like:

Avilius coming along nicely and hit top form last autumn . His half bro Well of Wisdom had a gutsy win up at Meydan on Thursday 

. Waller has a horse called Norway . Ex Ballydoyle now Yulong . When assessing his form it has to be taken in the context of his use as a pacemaker on a few occasions , with Waller giving him a prep and race plan for Norway's need rather than stablemates he could be in mix . He was entered up last week so will be out shortly,  had a couple trials . 

It's going to be a great autumn .

40 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Mozu Ascot the Frankel factor .In the last  week  Frankel horses went 1 2 over 3100 in Saudi Stayers , had winner of Sweet Embrace Randwick ,a  Grade  1 winner on dirt and graded winner at Gulfstream. Everywhere , every surface Frankel genes show through .

25 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Mozu Ascot the Frankel factor .In the last  week  Frankel horses went 1 2 over 3100 in Saudi Stayers , had winner of Sweet Embrace Randwick ,a  Grade  1 winner on dirt and graded winner at Gulfstream. Everywhere , every surface Frankel genes show through .

I see Godolphin are thinking of bringing Pinatubo down for the Everest....opened at $26 early markets and now into $8....?!

European champion 2 year old rated 128, higher than Frankel. 

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

I see Godolphin are thinking of bringing Pinatubo down for the Everest....opened at $26 early markets and now into $8....?!

European champion 2 year old rated 128, higher than Frankel. 

I'd rather try  get a decent  price on a roll of dice on The Shark in case they change course in Spring and some deal goes down  but the OZ horses in that nearly unbeatable imho  . He's 50 to come out , if he goes through Guineas campaign well he will do usual mile plan for Euros after  the will he won't he Derby routine thing . If he fails to train on he will go off to stud . I think they had to rate him better than Frankel as he replicated his 2 year old season plus the big Irish win . I don't think he will end up within  5 pounds of Frankel , but iam wrong way more times than right .

Earthlight more of sprinting look from Fabre yard I would have thought.  Cummings has a few to shuffle anyway .

Big call bringing a sprinter down to OZ .