RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
myk

Hurricanes

Mmmm, Kiah.

The only trouble with that is that the Blues have the nasty knack in 2011 of romping away early, thinking the game is over ... and then having to cling on grimly/rediscover their points-scoring ability late on so as to secure the points...

I think 12 might be a bit high a Blues margin, given the above. I'll say 5. Though I reserve the right to cheer mightily for the Canes...

Nice call Prop :)

Those arent very nice posts QH - just opinions being offered up for the long suffering Canes fans.

I support the Blues and Chiefs because of my heritage but I live amongst Canes fans that I like a lot - like my wife!!! I feel sorry for all these fans that support them loyally through thick and thin. Year after year - and theres heaps of them. They deserve better. The weight of money at the TAB is astounding.

THe Canes gave the fans some hope towards the end - but honestly, the Blues could have closed that game out before the closing minutes. SOme pretty dumb play - you should have read Props assessment and you may learn something :)

you should have read Props assessment and you may learn something :)

Now, see, kiah, that's the difference between normal, sane commentators (like you. And, one trusts, me!) in a chatroom and, well, a Taylor clone.

You and I can read each other's posts, ridicule each other if we feel like it, but - after the event - agree that, in this instance, Arguer A was right and that Arguer B was wrong.

Whilst fully reserving the right to disagree just as much over the next event, ha...

This is called rationality - the acceptance of other folks views and the knowledge that, occasionally, your opinion is wrong.

Rationality is not, however - as the previous Taylor clone pulled - sending anonymous e-mails threatening to punch you in the nose if he ever sees you...

Those mails have been retained, dear Taylor clone - and, unless a written apology is received, can you see any particular reason why I shouldn't have Mr Plod go visit you to discuss what is an effective assault?

Now, see, kiah, that's the difference between normal, sane commentators (like you. And, one trusts, me!) in a chatroom and, well, a Taylor clone.

You and I can read each other's posts, ridicule each other if we feel like it, but - after the event - agree that, in this instance, Arguer A was right and that Arguer B was wrong.

Whilst fully reserving the right to disagree just as much over the next event, ha...

This is called rationality - the acceptance of other folks views and the knowledge that, occasionally, your opinion is wrong.

Rationality is not, however - as the previous Taylor clone pulled - sending anonymous e-mails threatening to punch you in the nose if he ever sees you...

Those mails have been retained, dear Taylor clone - and, unless a written apology is received, can you see any particular reason why I shouldn't have Mr Plod go visit you to discuss what is an effective assault?

Good on ya Prop. Sick to death of macho non de plume tossers who's muscle capacity only extends to typing.

Guest Quarter horse

You've got a lot to learn...including what does and does not constitute as an assault.

But feel free to do whatever you want...but remember this: you can't bull$hit a bull$hitter.

If you want to get laughed out of your local Police Station because some guy who you've never met, who doesn't know what you look like or where you live, sent what you perceive to be a threat to your person then knock yourself out (you may also want to tell them that I encouraged you to assault yourself). I have no doubt that they'll tell you to grow a set and stop wasting their time on petty matters.

Now, back to Rugby. You remind me of one of the Hurricanes Board Members who ventured into the corporate box I was in last year for one of the games. He was a bit drunk and thought he'd pay us a visit to 'see how we all were'. I asked him straight as to why Dave Rennie wasn't getting a go with the Canes. His answer was that "he didn't impress at the board level". This guy got promptly laughed at by all and sundry and was told to pi$$ off and don't bother coming back.

The similarities between you and him? You've both watched a few games of rugby and you think you know everything, when in fact you know nothing. You'd rather have Dan Kirkpatrick, a guy who hasn't beaten a defender in a one-on-one all season, ahead of Ma'a Nonu. You'd rather have Hayward ahead of Conrad Smith. Yet you think you actually know what you're talking about and want to be taken seriously!:eek:

Sorry for being blunt (not sure if that's a crime or not...you might want to check that one out as well while you're talking to the ducks'n'geese), but you seem to have an opinion on everything from aardvarks to zyrtec, and if someone disagrees with you then you take that personally.

Harden up Murray, as you're a disgrace to your surname!

Ah I thought the nutter would reply ... in the nutter's usual language, too...

Let's go through your 'points', such that they are:

You've got a lot to learn...including what does and does not constitute as an assault.

My interpretation of assault is actual or threatened assault. 'I am going to punch you' pretty much fits that bill...

some guy who you've never met, who doesn't know what you look like or where you live, sent what you perceive to be a threat to your person then knock yourself out (you may also want to tell them that I encouraged you to assault yourself). I have no doubt that they'll tell you to grow a set and stop wasting their time on petty matters.

An ISP number is remarkably easy to track down, Taylor...

... a Hurricanes Board Members who ventured into the corporate box I was in last year for one of the games...

You? In a corporate box? When I mentioned I was in a corporate box once, you accused me of being 'up myself', 'above the rest of us' etc etc. Implying that you were an unsmirchable, salt-of-the-earth type that only frequented places like the bank at the Basin Reserve. Oh how disappointing it is to learn the truth...

The similarities between you and him? You've both watched a few games of rugby and you think you know everything, when in fact you know nothing.

Once again - I calculate that that's 8969265456236526356826 times now - you fail to appreciate that folk are allowed to have opinions different to yourself..

you seem to have an opinion on everything from aardvarks to zyrtec.

Your point?

This is a democracy. I am free to say (within bounds ... and without threatening to punch anyone) what I choose.

Just as you are perfectly free to either reply to my posts ... or to ignore them.

I don't think there has ever been a post of mine you have not critiqued so surely you must concede that you, too, must 'have an opinion on everythng from aardvarks to zyrtec'?

Of course, such critiquing usually follows such boringly-predictable lines as 'I know everything there is to know about aardvarks' or 'How many zyrtecs have you seen?' - lines that would see you laughed out of any debate in a real world...

if someone disagrees with you then you take that personally.

Really? How hypocritical of you, of all people, to say that! Once again - 8969265456236526356827 times now - you fail to appreciate that it is you who is taking this personally.

You can say whatever you like about me in here - and you usually do. I will reply in kind but I don't believe I have ever tried to silence you.

You, on the other hand, cannot reply even once without implying I either know nothing or, more usually, that you know everything.

Both of those positions are nonsenses.

You also - alone of every chatter in Race Cafe - have taken it upon yourself to send abusive e-mails not just to me but to others who you disagree with.

Again, it is you who is taking this personally.

Your name is a laugh amongst people I am happy to accept e-mails from, some of them former friends of yours dismayed at your descent into delusion.

Harden up Murray, as you're a disgrace to your surname!

Well, I see no reason to bring my surname into this, knowing full well that - besides the All Blacks brothers you are probably referring to - there have also been two quite-recent convicted murderers named Meads.

I have no desire to be associated with the latter examples and, as for the Rugby players, may I remind you that my opinion of Colin took a giant leap downwards when he allowed himself to be the frontperson for a finance company that went bust, at a cost of millions to people who (foolishly) 'invested' thinking the company was as 'hard' as he was...

As regards the Hurricanes, please understand that I am not saying that the current backline is better than one with an on-fire Nonu, Smith, Jane in it. I was saying that, with this season dead and gone, and with those players all injured, it would make more sense for the Canes to draw a line and simply play the not-bad replacements they've fielded since - who have the advantage of youth and, yes, enthusiasm. I stand by my criticism of the three All Blacks I name as looking jaded or disinterested...

This is opinion, can't you comprehend? I might well be wrong - I expect you to tell me I am wrong - but it is my opinion...

Kirkpatrick was only No 12 becuase Ngatai was out, remember.

Did you not agree that, errors aside, the youngsters did very well against the team that still leads the competition?

Did you not think that they might be even better next year, in a season where other teams will be denuded of stars through retirements, transfers up North etc?

Guest Quarter horse

My interpretation of assault is actual or threatened assault. 'I am going to punch you' pretty much fits that bill...

You? In a corporate box? When I mentioned I was in a corporate box once, you accused me of being 'up myself', 'above the rest of us' etc etc. Implying that you were an unsmirchable, salt-of-the-earth type that only frequented places like the bank at the Basin Reserve. Oh how disappointing it is to learn the truth...

Once again - I calculate that that's 8969265456236526356826 times now - you fail to appreciate that folk are allowed to have opinions different to yourself..

Your point?

This is a democracy. I am free to say (within bounds ... and without threatening to punch anyone) what I choose.

Just as you are perfectly free to either reply to my posts ... or to ignore them.

I don't think there has ever been a post of mine you have not critiqued so surely you must concede that you, too, must 'have an opinion on everythng from aardvarks to zyrtec'?

Of course, such critiquing usually follows such boringly-predictable lines as 'I know everything there is to know about aardvarks' or 'How many zyrtecs have you seen?' - lines that would see you laughed out of any debate in a real world...

Really? How hypocritical of you, of all people, to say that! Once again - 8969265456236526356827 times now - you fail to appreciate that it is you who is taking this personally.

You can say whatever you like about me in here - and you usually do. I will reply in kind but I don't believe I have ever tried to silence you.

You, on the other hand, cannot reply even once without implying I either know nothing or, more usually, that you know everything.

You also - alone of every chatter in Race Cafe - have taken it upon yourself to send abusive e-mails not just to me but to others who you disagree with.

Your name is a laugh amongst people I am happy to accept e-mails from, some of them former friends of yours dismayed at your descent into delusion.

Well, I see no reason to bring my surname into this, knowing full well that - besides the All Blacks brothers you are probably referring to - there have also been two quite-recent convicted murderers named Meads.

I have no desire to be associated with the latter examples and, as for the Rugby players, may I remind you that my opinion of Colin took a giant leap downwards when he allowed himself to be the frontperson for a finance company that went bust, at a cost of millions to people who (foolishly) 'invested' thinking the company was as 'hard' as he was...

As regards the Hurricanes, please understand that I am not saying that the current backline is better than one with an on-fire Nonu, Smith, Jane in it. I was saying that, with this season dead and gone, and with those players all injured, it would make more sense for the Canes to draw a line and simply play the not-bad replacements they've fielded since - who have the advantage of youth and, yes, enthusiasm. I stand by my criticism of the three All Blacks I name as looking jaded or disinterested...

This is opinion, can't you comprehend? I might well be wrong - I expect you to tell me I am wrong - but it is my opinion...

Did you not agree that, errors aside, the youngsters did very well against the team that still leads the competition?

Did you not think that they might be even better next year, in a season where other teams will be denuded of stars through retirements, transfers up North etc?

You're wrong...and say hi to Cat for me...or razorsharp...or Isaac...or whatever other name he uses now.:D

Guest Quarter horse
Youre a right one QH. Hows that "yes"/"no" answer going??

Take a seat Nathan and let me tell you another cricket story...ha ha ha...oh how we all laughed at how your demeanour changed.

Take a seat Nathan and let me tell you another cricket story...ha ha ha...oh how we all laughed at how your demeanour changed.

"We" meaning your personalities?? Say hello to them all in your caravan.

Your point?

Brilliant :)

Guest Quarter horse

"Your honour. I now call my next witness. Will Murray Meads please take the stand."

"Mr Meads. You have made reference on RaceCafe to a company that you purportedly own. You have described it as 'your company' many times. Can you please tell the Court whether or not you are indeed a registered company director of said company".

(and remember, a lawyer never asks a question he doesn't already know the answer to!)

Guest Quarter horse

I just about forgot...all these emails I've been sending you...didn't you say on here once that you never read them as they go straight in your spam folder?

Guess that was another lie huh!

And don't kid yourself and try and claim that I argue the opposite to every post you put on here. You're up to 6.20 posts per day...and rising.

I don't think anyone on here has posted as much as you do.

(and remember, a lawyer never asks a question he doesn't already know the answer to!)

Let's do the checking again:

Relevant comments. Zippo

Messianic complex in play? Yep

Answering of questions made to him? Zero

Demands that I answer questions he puts to me? Plenty

And now you're a lawyer?

Are there no ends to your talents?

Or to your 'stalking'?

Race Cafers might care to know that this individual has not just ben flooding my e-mail In Box with threats (as detailed earlier), insults - including to a person I hold dear, and - bizarrely - a running total of my daily posts.

If I wanted to know how many posts I was making, buffoon, I would go to the Membership page here that tells me exactly that detail!

Get

a

friggin'

life

you

saddo

Can you not see that you are fast becoming a menace to decent society?

Race Cafers might care to know that this individual has not just ben flooding my e-mail In Box with threats (as detailed earlier), insults - including to a person I hold dear, and - bizarrely - a running total of my daily posts.

If I wanted to know how many posts I was making, buffoon, I would go to the Membership page here that tells me exactly that detail!

He did it again!

Oh how they must be laughing!

all these emails I've been sending you...didn't you say on here once that you never read them as they go straight in your spam folder?

Guess that was another lie huh!

However do you perceive that as a lie?

I said, perfectly truly, that all mails I get that aren't okayed by me go into Spam.

They stay there - except that once in a while I go through and look at new names (including your one) and decide whether or not to accept that mailer as a Goodie.

You failed to make the cut.

But the mails stay in Spam...

I just stopped reading them after you made the nose-punching threat...

At the risk of sounding like a desperate one eyed supporter looking for excuses, the poor old Canes have not had the rub of the green in the past two games. Twice lost the ball when diving for tries vs Blues and again on Friday when the lock lost it in the first half. Then that cheating little Highlander winger deliberately slaps the ball away 5 metres out and no penalty try awarded. Fair go!!!

Watched Pow play for Wainuiomata on Saturday and he won the game with a last minute penalty. Played pretty well - however is still a wee bit away from peak fitness and peak play (especially kicking)though. He is carrying a bit of weight but personally I think he plays better with the weight as he shrugs through tackles better. Mates report other Canes ABs played pretty well at club level.