RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

Has T. Lee had a stroke??....

11 hours ago, CT"s said:

T. Lee called the feature race yesterday from start to finish slurring his words.  It clearly affected his performance and was unprofessional. 

And to back up your claims , have just replayed the Lowland and Shock ! Horror !

T Lee has recalled the race.

Listen carefully , he says "Nothing Compares" and "Sovereign Express" not Nothing Compearsh" Sovereign Expressh"

You are onto something here Thomo.

You seem adamant T Lee was drinking on the job , photo or proof would be nice or do you really know something we don't.....you must !

12 hours ago, CT"s said:

Not sure if you’re being serious or whether this is a tongue n cheek comment from you Gruffy but under no circumstances is drinking alcohol on the job acceptable in any occupation yet alone calling a race worth $100K. 

Can you imagine Matt Hill having a few frothies before calling the Guineas this weekend? Would never happen and to do so would be extremely unprofessional. 

Not a good look from T. Lee if in fact that was the case. 

I would be very careful accusing people of doing something you clearly have no evidence of...T Lee has had a lisp for a long time in his calls and for you to come in here and cast aspersions on him will not be tolerated...period!!!!

Many in here have said, with some knowledge I would say that to them there was nothing wrong with the call...maybe we should move on.

40 minutes ago, Stables said:

This whole post should be deleted, it's nothing but a slander of one of New Zealands most competent race callers

So easy for people to come on here and attack race callers. It's a difficult job and well done to them . Time to move on.

I recall one of the greatest race call story tellers Of all time, the late Bert Bryant. He was an unbelievable caller. Yet even the best have off days. Remember his brain fade on that wet Melb Cup day when Medici was leading? From about the 1200m to the 500m peg (or thereabouts) he could not get Medici’s name out and stayed like that up front dribbling for 700m, unable to get his name out. Nothing to do with Tony Lee, one of the best to grace the microphone in NZ, of course, but funny things can happen. I remember Bryan Martin, Who had a share in the great Fields of Omagh, the 2003 and 2006 Cox Plate winner. In 2006 He was calling the race and it must have been so hard at the 150m peg with FOO charging late. To his credit, Martin called the race as though he didn’t have a share in the winner! I’ve noticed TLee has a bit of a “lisp” (if that’s what you call it) on Certain words. But he’s a very professional person (and a good guy) and to make any suggestion that he would be “pissed” on the job, or under the influence where it affected his calling, is imho, a slur on his good character. Fortunately, the effect of such a slur depends on who’s delivering it and in T Lee’s case, it’s not worth worrying about. 

1 hour ago, Ludwig said:

So easy for people to come on here and attack race callers. It's a difficult job and well done to them . Time to move on.

No one is attacking T. Lee. It was a mere observation. I listened to the race while I was at work.

Anyway glad to hear he hasn’t had a stroke! Let’s all move on. 

1 hour ago, Trump said:

I recall one of the greatest race call story tellers Of all time, the late Bert Bryant. He was an unbelievable caller. Yet even the best have off days. Remember his brain fade on that wet Melb Cup day when Medici was leading? From about the 1200m to the 500m peg (or thereabouts) he could not get Medici’s name out and stayed like that up front dribbling for 700m, unable to get his name out. Nothing to do with Tony Lee, one of the best to grace the microphone in NZ, of course, but funny things can happen. I remember Bryan Martin, Who had a share in the great Fields of Omagh, the 2003 and 2006 Cox Plate winner. In 2006 He was calling the race and it must have been so hard at the 150m peg with FOO charging late. To his credit, Martin called the race as though he didn’t have a share in the winner! I’ve noticed TLee has a bit of a “lisp” (if that’s what you call it) on Certain words. But he’s a very professional person (and a good guy) and to make any suggestion that he would be “pissed” on the job, or under the influence where it affected his calling, is imho, a slur on his good character. Fortunately, the effect of such a slur depends on who’s delivering it and in T Lee’s case, it’s not worth worrying about. 

I was there that day so didn't hear the  call.I think Think Big won the race.I have seen the replay a few times and poor old Bertie was really lost .Horse obviously in or near the lead and just not calling it.Needed someone to prompt him.

On another occasion was it Johnny Tapp or Geoff Mahoney calling the wrong horse at Randwick when the said horse was actually running in Melbourne.Group race too.Could have been Plush.

23 minutes ago, Memphis2 said:

I was there that day so didn't hear the  call.I think Think Big won the race.I have seen the replay a few times and poor old Bertie was really lost .Horse obviously in or near the lead and just not calling it.Needed someone to prompt him.

On another occasion was it Johnny Tapp or Geoff Mahoney calling the wrong horse at Randwick when the said horse was actually running in Melbourne.Group race too.Could have been Plush.

To give poor old Bert Bryant an excuse, it was a miserable day visibility wise.

33 minutes ago, Trump said:

To give poor old Bert Bryant an excuse, it was a miserable day visibility wise.

Yeh I think mud was an issue.

How good was Bertie's Saturday morning preview show with Jack Ayling and Bill Conlon?Laugh a minute.

46 minutes ago, Memphis2 said:

Yeh I think mud was an issue.

How good was Bertie's Saturday morning preview show with Jack Ayling and Bill Conlon?Laugh a minute.

Jack Ayling was just the funniest guy. I used to like it when journalist, Peter Lovett, came on and when someone suggested a horse would win, Lovett would have this saying, “You are Kidding!” A funny Bloke. I met Bert Bryant and his wife Molly. They were genuine people. Re Medici, I remember watching the race and I couldn’t even count the horses on the turn let alone the colours. But ever the pro.

8 hours ago, Red Rum said:

I rewatched the last again , I honestly cannot hear any problem with commentary at all . It's a bit rough on the guy imho , he did fine . Anyway watched last race again because that Exaltation looks very good and not worst field of 65ers I've seen and they got windburn in last 100 .NZTR need to correct time though,  2.10.93 for 1200 , even a northern slug stayer quicker than that .

is she a half tto Melody Belle? And if it wea a 1200m event p'rpaps 1:10:93 

6 hours ago, CT"s said:

No one is attacking T. Lee. It was a mere observation. I listened to the race while I was at work.

Anyway glad to hear he hasn’t had a stroke! Let’s all move on. 

CT.. maybe it would be easier for everyoe to move o if you simply apologided for the two accusationn(s) and had as think about how to phrase your enquiries in future. 

eg Is it just me or did T Lee's call of the HB feature sound a bit strange?

MM

6 hours ago, SMD is rife said:

The only unprofessional one on this thread is CT. Listening to races while he should have been working and then posting complete shite on here while he should have been working.

I was thinking exactly the same myself. He obviously has a very understanding supervisor at McDonalds or wherever he works.

7 hours ago, SMD is rife said:

The only unprofessional one on this thread is CT. Listening to races while he should have been working and then posting complete shite on here while he should have been working.

Can't wait for his 10 paragraph excuse , this is gonna be good blah blah blah 

Race was on during my tea break etc etc 

Sorry stole your thunder ct