RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

Has T. Lee had a stroke??....

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

More nonsense from yourself.:rcf-clown:

Oh really? I’ve just listened to the call again now. He slurs his words from start to finish and can’t even pronounce “home stretch”.

His speech is definitely affected and if it’s not by a stroke then it’s definitely by something else. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

Bizarre. Nothing wrong with that call at all. I thought Jennifer had about 100 owners, so stretching it a bit to say your old man owns it. I suppose he's an arab with a string of oil wells as well. I bet the other 99 owners are glad you never tipped it.

He slurs his words from start to finish. Can’t even pronounce the word “home stretch” properly. 

I bet you wish you owned the tail of one half as good as Jennifer Eccles. ;)

9 hours ago, CT"s said:

Oh really? I’ve just listened to the call again now. He slurs his words from start to finish and can’t even pronounce “home stretch”.

His speech is definitely affected and if it’s not by a stroke then it’s definitely by something else. :ph34r:

You could only ever dream to be as good a caller as he is....

I thought it was decent commentary , iam not big fan of his commentary at times when he goes a bit OTT over some bog standard race  but he is good  , I am confused as to why he didn't bust out WAAAAAAAAAAAAY 2 GOOD ,as  that was a shut the gate brained them job . What a fantastic horse , 5k price well done the buyer . It's not the horses the issue with racing at the moment . So many good ones about . Cannot wait to see Levante go again .

16 hours ago, CT"s said:

Just listened to the old man’s horse Jennifer Eccles win the Lowland and T. Lee sounded quite obviously slurred in his call. 

Have I missed something here? Hope he’s ok. 

The only stoke happening is between yourself and your right hand 

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

I thought it was decent commentary , iam not big fan of his commentary at times when he goes a bit OTT over some bog standard race  but he is good  , I am confused as to why he didn't bust out WAAAAAAAAAAAAY 2 GOOD ,as  that was a shut the gate brained them job . What a fantastic horse , 5k price well done the buyer . It's not the horses the issue with racing at the moment . So many good ones about . Cannot wait to see Levante go again .

I rate Tony Lee the best race caller in NZ. I always have done.

My observation was regarding the slurring of his words from the start to the finish of calling the Lowland. It’s obvious that his speech was clearly affected and if it’s not from a stroke then maybe it was from something else. 

17 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

As for his father owning Jennifer Eccles......fuck me....you’ve got history in exaggerating your families involvement in anything you spotty prick so stop lying ( again), next minute you’ll be claiming your old man has raced 90 horses 

Go and ask Adrian Clark short stuff. He owns shares in a few at the moment and was at Karaka with Adrian recently. 

Jennifer Eccles, now she’s a decent race horse. ;)

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

As for his father owning Jennifer Eccles......fuck me....you’ve got history in exaggerating your families involvement in anything you spotty prick so stop lying ( again), next minute you’ll be claiming your old man has raced 90 horses 

Next thing he will be claiming his old man is some sort of champion sire. 

56 minutes ago, Gruff said:

If Tony had a few and called the card at Hastings good on him:rcfe-like:

Not sure if you’re being serious or whether this is a tongue n cheek comment from you Gruffy but under no circumstances is drinking alcohol on the job acceptable in any occupation yet alone calling a race worth $100K. 

Can you imagine Matt Hill having a few frothies before calling the Guineas this weekend? Would never happen and to do so would be extremely unprofessional. 

Not a good look from T. Lee if in fact that was the case. 

Just now, CT"s said:

Not sure if you’re being serious or whether this is a tongue n cheek comment from you Gruffy but under no circumstances is drinking alcohol on the job acceptable in any occupation yet alone calling a race worth $100K. 

Can you imagine Matt Hill having a few frothies before calling the Guineas this weekend? Would never happen and to do so would be extremely unprofessional. 

Not a good look from T. Lee if that in fact was the case. 

Its not health and safety related unless he falls out of his box CT :rcfe-like:  

3 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Its not health and safety related unless he falls out of his box CT :rcfe-like:  

It’s not the health & safety I’m concerned about Gruffy although you do bring up a very important point. It’s more the professional look for NZ racing as a whole. T. Lee has a responsibility to call the races without slurring his words and he didn’t do that yesterday. For those who heard the race live like myself some would no doubt have been shocked. It’s not a good look any which way you look at it. 

Gripper Harrison hits the release button prematurely with one horse to load recently, T. Lee possibly drinking on the job, slurring his words and you wonder why NZ racing has been and will continue going on it’s continual downward spiral. :ph34r:

Tonys commentary was very good, he had a very slight lisp but nothing suggesting he was 1/2 way through  a crate of waikato CT ?  Let it go and enjoy the guineas Saturday , Mad Mark and Critter are on course at Ellerslie so the turnovers through the roof :rcfe-like:

1 minute ago, Gruff said:

You suggesting gripper was half cut :rcf-sad-1:

Not at all.

He released the field prematurely with one horse to load. It was unprofessional and he’d be the first one to put his hand up and admit that which he has.

T. Lee called the feature race yesterday from start to finish slurring his words.  It clearly affected his performance and was unprofessional. 

35 minutes ago, CT"s said:

Not a good look from T. Lee if in fact that was the case. 

nothing slurred about the race call imo...though T Lee is hardly the best caller in NZ..among the worst in fact ...if you think his words are slurred it any stem from some 'mushy  esses' ..perhaps dental plates?? causing that ..none of the Kiwi callers can hold a candle to the likes of Matt Hill..a true professional who never gets carried away with his own 'importance' and gets through the field efficiently, while still communicating the nuances of the race tactics/excitement etc

24 minutes ago, CT"s said:

Not at all.

He released the field prematurely with one horse to load. It was unprofessional and he’d be the first one to put his hand up and admit that which he has.

T. Lee called the feature race yesterday from start to finish slurring his words.  It clearly affected his performance and was unprofessional. 

Was the only horse that hadnt gone yet Cameron still couldnt get a result :rcf-sad-1: good pig hunter i hear though :rcfe-like:

10 hours ago, weasel57 said:

nothing slurred about the race call imo...though T Lee is hardly the best caller in NZ..among the worst in fact ...if you think his words are slurred it any stem from some 'mushy  esses' ..perhaps dental plates?? causing that ..none of the Kiwi callers can hold a candle to the likes of Matt Hill..a true professional who never gets carried away with his own 'importance' and gets through the field efficiently, while still communicating the nuances of the race tactics/excitement etc

I rewatched the last again , I honestly cannot hear any problem with commentary at all . It's a bit rough on the guy imho , he did fine . Anyway watched last race again because that Exaltation looks very good and not worst field of 65ers I've seen and they got windburn in last 100 .NZTR need to correct time though,  2.10.93 for 1200 , even a northern slug stayer quicker than that .