RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

AUSTRALIAN Guineas

10 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Wouldn't write him off on one run .

The only thing that went wrong was his racing pattern. Look at OP on Probabeel and the Shark. Let them race exactly as they like to - relaxed, balanced and Swoop from the back. That’s how I’d have Catalyst ridden. Then again - he may not be quite up to Oz standard.

21 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

I think maybe something went amiss with the the little Kiwi catalyst...travelled up strongly and then stopped...could be an issue..not his true form.:rcfe-dislike:

Yes, looked too bad to be true to me. He appeared to be cruising all the way but then had nothing when the big question was asked.

7 hours ago, CT"s said:

Well well well. Just got out of my all day course to see the replay of the Guineas. 

Catalyst very disappointing there. 

Sort of a win win situation then. You now know how to make the perfect burger, didn't have the stress of watching another hot tip run down the track, and you are probably unlikely to tip it again, so that will give the connections some confidence to go again.

17 minutes ago, Trump said:

The only thing that went wrong was his racing pattern. Look at OP on Probabeel and the Shark. Let them race exactly as they like to - relaxed, balanced and Swoop from the back. That’s how I’d have Catalyst ridden. Then again - he may not be quite up to Oz standard.

Both those Te Akau horses I thought place at best on turn , huge runs . Catalyst was so good here imho he will be competitive in OZ .Still liking the look of Chenier , lightly raced , bad stumble . Doubt it cost race but he's very good .

Hope you got some of F4 you labelled in earlier post. 

Only Fifty Stars got home for me yesterday but not getting rich on that divi .

Had a reasonable day and did get a piece of the F4. I couldn’t find Michael Walker riding anywhere and thought he must have been resting after his win in the Diamond. But my bro-in-law informed me over coffee that MJW was riding in the NZ Derby!! So that was good enough info for me and we had a bit ew on Sherwood Forest at juicy odds! I’m not happy with myself though. I let go a potential big return for a small investment on an all up multi on Sherwood Forest, Probabeel, The Shark and Alligator Blood! A $10 investment on that would have returned approx $4000 !! (IAI)

Surprising people missed the win of Sherwood Forest over the underated joes Legacy at Te Aroha, who went on to win at Matamata, the fact Walker hopped  on had to give a few more confidence,. Hindsights a wonderful thing Trumpy like leaving out the fav in an 8 selection quaddie for $3500..:rcf-thinking: in saying that Danielles ride with the whip was the difference in beating Its destinys Child, no whip it runs second no doubt

15 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Everyone had every reason to feel very worried the moment "Stopper" hopped aboard.

I used to think it was BS this stopping power,  just luck . Iam really starting to get on board with it now , imagine if that same mystical  power was used as a force for good in this world . It's starting to get a bit more than chance .

I wonder if CT ever met an ex jock from Ireland called Dermot Browne , he was known as the stopper but he used a needle not mind power .

13 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

I used to think it was BS this stopping power,  just luck . Iam really starting to get on board with it now , imagine if that same mystical  power was used as a force for good in this world . It's starting to get a bit more than chance .

I wonder if CT ever met an ex jock from Ireland called Dermot Browne , he was known as the stopper but he used a needle not mind power .

Apparently, The Stopper is being interviewed to star in the next Harry Potter movie - his powers are so magical! 

1 hour ago, Trump said:

I've just had a look at the replays, and personally think that the filly got the jock out of trouble!3 wide and then caught flat footed,that was the run of the day!However the ride on TAS can not be faulted.How far would have  the filly won by with that ride?Great training  feat by Jamie Richard's.

Sent to the best vets in Australia.....

Catalyst sent to vet clinic following Australian Guineas

By James Lamb 
Catalyst Catalyst Image: Getty
A start in the $5 million All-Star Mile looks in serious doubt for Kiwi galloper Catalyst, who is being assessed by vets for a back issue.

The Chipperfield galloper finished a disappointing sixth, beaten 4.3L, in the G1 Australian Guineas (1600m) at Flemington on Saturday, but was initially cleared of injury post-race.

"He's pulled up bright, we will see how he eats up," Chipperfield said following the event.

"Damian Lane said the race wasn't run to suit. He was a little lost once asked for that effort in the last 200m."

However, the son of Darci Brahma has since been transported to the Ballarat Vet Clinic due to discomfort in his 'back area'.

Catalyst has blown to $15 with TAB for the All-Star Mile, with the event less than two weeks away. 

Meanwhile, fellow Guineas runner Alabama Express is also in the hands of vets after he failed to beat a runner home on Saturday.

Like Catalyst, he was cleared of any obvious abnormalities post-race, but is now being treated for a possible virus.

Trainer Mike Moroney claims the three-year-old has not been eating, and is dehydrated, since the underwhelming performance.

Jockey Michael Dee described Alabama Express' last-placing as “too bad to be true”.

He was competitive enough his first start was he not ?    He might not be as good as the first two but to finish behind some of the others like he did  indicated that something wasn't quite right and so it has proved.

52 minutes ago, Mr Spyro said:

He was competitive enough his first start was he not ?    He might not be as good as the first two but to finish behind some of the others like he did  indicated that something wasn't quite right and so it has proved.

Awesome run to nearly knock off AB at his first start here.

nearly carried the worlds biggest mock, that’s mock with an M ...

took its toll though !!

pity the poor bloke that drew him in the all star mile promotion.

better days ahead, no?

:D

26 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Alabama Express had a virus, Soul Patch damaged tendons and now retired, Chenier got knocked over, Catalyst bruised fetlocks...

No wonder AB got such an easy time....:rolleyes:

It’s easier to make an excuse when you’re getting your arse kicked. 

28 minutes ago, Trump said:

It’s easier to make an excuse when you’re getting your arse kicked. 

I suppose it's a guess in the heat of battle what type of injury slows a horse down at full bore with blood pumping , stress of situation . Alabama Express virus must have done for him thats different  , others only an expert would know but human athletes sometimes realise they are injured after event . A boxer with damaged hand  don't pull his first few punches till pain starts to kick in  , he or she just messes it up more though. 

No reason for Catalyst to make too many excuses anyway , no stud value in him to protect .