RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
slam dunk

Panic on Wall Street !

3 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

WRONG....:rcfe-clown:

Only one of 22 cases has died, a woman in her late 50s with a history of illness from washington , most people dont even show symptoms and healthy people have nothing to worry about, good way to de-tox but if your immuno compromised fingers crossed...where did Sather get his information :rcf-thinking-1:... the flu season can last as late as may so theres plenty of time ... there was no deaths until this morning .

35 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Only one of 22 cases has died, a woman in her late 50s with a history of illness from washington , most people dont even show symptoms and healthy people have nothing to worry about, good way to de-tox but if your immuno compromised fingers crossed...where did Sather get his information :rcf-thinking-1:... the flu season can last as late as may so theres plenty of time ... there was no deaths until this morning .

It was a man, ( Trump got it wrong too ) with no travel, or contact with known carriers...?? It is out there. 8000 cases in California alone. Matter of time.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/27/california-is-monitoring-8400-people-for-the-coronavirus.html

27 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

It was a man, ( Trump got it wrong too ) with no travel, or contact with known carriers...?? It is out there. 8000 cases in California alone. Matter of time.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/27/california-is-monitoring-8400-people-for-the-coronavirus.html

Says 33 cases Hokesy, they are monitoring 8000. Its the flu and its flu season, this virus is here to stay like the other 4 coronaviruses we have already been exposed to and potentially many others. Viruses and Bacteria are part of the cycle of life, to panic over these  and rely on vaccination everytime something rears its ugly head makes utterly no sense. You may be in the high risk category but what can you do but the same things that got you to where you are today. Using Common Sense which is becoming less common as time  goes by. This Hysteria is f%#^g Crazy

1 hour ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Dow Jones up 1300 points on Monday the single biggest % rise since 2009.

Yesterdy was a time to buy on the NZX,today was a time to sell them .

Yep they just found the cure.

Increased Co2 kills the virus

I woke up with a sore throat this morning and went directly down to the Out Patients at the local hospital.

"Corona virus" I announced loudly, which made everyone else with their broken arms and serious burns duck away.

The nurses told me to leave, which really pissed me off,.

I sat outside sulking, while breathing heavily into my paper face mask and rubbing my hands with sanitiser, from one of the 55 bottles I purchased a month ago.

Then I rang "Stuff NZ".  I may not be sick, but I'll get in the news, for sure.

22 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Dow Jones down over 4% at the moment.

Then you look at the shares that rose Coca Cola,Home Depot and Micro Soft.

Strange i would have to say but then again it is the states.

Myself should the NZX fall again today i will be having a wee nibble.

Micro Soft ? Is that some sort of toilet paper designed for babies and midgets, or people suffering from Piles ??

On 3/6/2020 at 9:34 AM, crustyngrizzly said:

Markets all down hugely worldwide and Dow expected to have record drop. However I've seen it so often the share punters in USA are mad. If markets are down world wide they will go the other way. Be interesting what happens 3.30am NZ time.

On 3/5/2020 at 10:37 AM, Uriah Heap said:

I woke up with a sore throat this morning and went directly down to the Out Patients at the local hospital.

"Corona virus" I announced loudly, which made everyone else with their broken arms and serious burns duck away.

The nurses told me to leave, which really pissed me off,.

I sat outside sulking, while breathing heavily into my paper face mask and rubbing my hands with sanitiser, from one of the 55 bottles I purchased a month ago.

Then I rang "Stuff NZ".  I may not be sick, but I'll get in the news, for sure.

I appreciate your dilemma. Mine is that I borrowed $10 million to invest in the stockmarket because I was told no way would Trump allow the market go down in election year. Now the lenders want me to cover the current margin. Could I interest you to help out by investing couple of million with me?

Madness! But they are bailing out due to the obvious earnings downturn of most Companies due to the shutdowns. Flu gets rid of between 300,000 and 600,000 people every year! Coronavirus probably won’t get to 5% - 10% of that number, yet there’s never been a shortage of Dunny paper during each years flu season. Very strange behaviour going on at the moment.

11 hours ago, Trump said:

Madness! But they are bailing out due to the obvious earnings downturn of most Companies due to the shutdowns. Flu gets rid of between 300,000 and 600,000 people every year! Coronavirus probably won’t get to 5% - 10% of that number, yet there’s never been a shortage of Dunny paper during each years flu season. Very strange behaviour going on at the moment.

Only time will tell if it's madness or not , let's imagine worst case scenario , 60% of population gets this over a 24 month period , who will ride public transport , who will turn  up for work day after day , imagine how a power company will survive without a call centre operating or the billing department sending out the accounts , it's not surprising people are cashing up and planning ahead .

Civil defence recommends all households should be self sufficient for 7 days in case of a natural disaster , this has the potential to close dawn any household for at least 14 days if not 6 weeks .,

Now  I suspect this will all blow over in a shortish time but I"ve been wrong before . I wasn't wrong yesterday , I  bailed at 51.5c :rcfe-happy-1: (already down from .63) , I  broke even , they finished at .47c and no doubt another 4/5c will go today . 

Sars (2003)killed roughly 1:10 (9000 cases)and Mers (2012)3.6:10  (under 1000.) Underlying health issues immunocompromised particularly with diabetes were cited.Both Coronaviruses have no Vaccines but both faded into insignificance . This ‘new’ strain spreads like wildfire.. You can guarantee since 2003 they have been working on a Sars vaccine and 2012 Mers. Sars globally cost $40 billion dollars in 2003,Yet they are pumping billions into finding a vaccine for Corona (Co) virus (vi ) diseaese (d) 2019 ? How much has been spent on the previous two? Let alone the closely related common cold ..... you can guarantee there is a larger number of people carrying this ‘new’ strain who do not show symptoms. Peter Williams and Roman Travers on magic talk are waiting for ‘another’ successful Vaccine for Viruses to save the planet...:rcfe-happy-3:  Im no Leo Molloy but i add all this up and see one big money pit

This Toilet Roll debacle is so bizarre. Hoards of people rushing supermarkets and draining supplies so that the poor pensioners arriving at 11am see empty shelves! I know someone who has a friend who is the CEO of Kleenex. Apparently he’s got trucks rolling out 24hours a day loaded with Toilet Roll supplies and he has enough supplies to last 2 years! Watching the TV News tonite and the supermarket stampede, it would appear that The next big stampede will be for arse lanolin ! 

Interesting.......

“Obviously, since it is an RNA virus, it is expected to be at least a little different from the Chinese one. RNA viruses typically change: between each viral copy and its template there will be a few differences, like a single nucleic acid mutation. But only once we have the sequences can we begin to make comparisons.”

Italy had experienced the coronavirus outbreak despite being one of the first countries that not only closed contact with Wuhan but also all air contact with China, he said.

“Some countries have accused us of taking too drastic measures. Yet even taking drastic measures, proactively, does not seem to have been enough,” Galli said........

Italy has an elderly population (2nd only to Japan)and most of all who have died  are over 65 with medical issues......

Given what we know why dont we quarantine those who are most at risk ( who are mostly retired anyway?) and just get on with it, when youve got the flu do you go and visit your parents or grandparents???  the way Sars and Mers operated WITHOUT Vaccination healthy people will have nothing to worry about with Covid 19.Look after yourself,watch your diet  and get plenty of sleep . Not Rocket Science

There has been 115,000 cases 4,000 deaths and 56,000 have recovered  of Covid 19 to date, the Big winners here are Big Pharma :rcf-poo:

4128D7F1-735D-4C70-9438-C07B229E4726.jpeg.f739aa0073cb9ee0639d7893a6606916.jpeg

Where are we going Piglet?" asked Pooh.

"We need to get supplies," said Piglet. "For the Coronavirus"

"Ahh," said Pooh, nodding in understanding. "Things like bread, milk, cough mixture, tissues and cat litter even though we don't have a cat?"

Piglet did a little laugh, and a sort of leap and bit of a cough. "No," said Piglet. "No, those aren't the sort of supplies we need at all! What we need are family sized bags of chocolate buttons, massive toblerone, jelly babies and crunchies and a freezer full of stuffed crust pizzas, and all of the Prosecco that we can possibly carry, so that when we get quarantined we won't mind it even slightly. THOSE are supplies."

All of a sudden, Pooh thought that the idea of coronavirus didn't seem quite so bad, and actually, getting quarantined with Piglet and their supplies really didn't sound such a terrible thing after all. "Oh Piglet," said Pooh. "I really do think you are a very wise animal."

As they walked along they spotted Eeyore stood by a stream watching the sticks float by..... 

“Hello Eeyore.” Said Pooh, “we’re off to buy supplies to sit out the quarantine, would you like to come?” 

“No thank you.” Said Eeyore “I’m just going to stand here, look at the stream and contemplate the Economic impact of a media induced panic that several companies are projecting folding straight out of Brexit. Also the NHS being brought to its knees by a huge panic, and the social impact of people distrusting others because they look or are associated with China. People are dumb.” 

“Well that’s sad.” Said Pooh “I much prefer getting shitfaced and eating Pizza.” 

“The ironic thing.” Smiled Eeyore is that Panic induces the Stress Response, and the first thing the stress response does is switch off the immune system.” 

“Huh.” Said Pooh. “why would the media do that...?”

“I don’t know.” Said Eeyore “I just watch sticks.”

Americans are doing what Buffett has always said.......stay the course.

In fact Buffett is buying shares after they fall below his thresh hold.

He says shares will outperform money by a substantial amount over the next decade and with interest rates continuing to fall i agree.

Open your wallets folks and get in,plenty of bargains imo on the nzx.

29 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Americans are doing what Buffett has always said.......stay the course.

In fact Buffett is buying shares after they fall below his thresh hold.

He says shares will outperform money by a substantial amount over the next decade and with interest rates continuing to fall i agree.

Open your wallets folks and get in,plenty of bargains imo on the nzx.

Good advice. Now which companies make toilet paper?

On 2/29/2020 at 10:53 AM, 100 1 said:

mmmm miraculously they all disappeared after they approved funding to fight the disease.

Where did the money go? 

Who's hands did it end up in?

Given the timing of the emergences of virus's  it makes me wonder why during an election year??

my guess is that as generations get older... the often older voter becomes more wiser to the overall political picture.. and vote more conservatively...

Its possible Virus's during a election-year put this same older generation at a higher risk of succumbing to illness or worse!!

if a political party wishes to put a dumber, less informed populace at the forefront of voting... you simply open borders to allow a younger generation(seeking assistance) to cause the change, and you rid your country of more conservative voters...

Its a conspiracy theory.... i know!! 

it wouldnt suprise me power hungry elites who would stop at nothing to maintain their status!!

On 3/6/2020 at 9:34 AM, crustyngrizzly said:

Oh shit Crusty!! Took your advice and dived in.

Now I've got my begging cup and a little "Any spare change appreciated" sign out and I'm heading downtown to sit on the pavement.

26 minutes ago, Uriah Heap said:

Oh shit Crusty!! Took your advice and dived in.

Now I've got my begging cup and a little "Any spare change appreciated" sign out and I'm heading downtown to sit on the pavement.

No room left on the pavement.You might have to move somewhere else.

Still bargains to be had imo,another nibble late this avo hopefully.

Put your purchases in the bottom draw.Have a look at them in 6/7 months.

Average run of a bear market is around 203 days.