RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
bus stop

Uthor Bale

Just read the Stipendiary Report and see the winner Uthor Bale has benn stood down for failing to pursue the lure. Reportedthat he turned his head when leaving the boxes. Watching the replay he did have a look to his right but didnt make contact with any other runner than or anytime during the race and went onto win by 5 lengths very harsh I thought. Your thoughts.

On 2/24/2020 at 8:55 AM, howrude said:

Fair call. Same rule for all......at least that's what we expect lol. Hopefully it sorts itself out before it gets serious, this dog has amble amounts of ability! 

I havent seen his races prior but I'd presume the silent lure at Auckland and first look probably caught him out 

Uthor Bale has been withdrawn from the cup appeal dismissed. If able watch this weeks Dogzone on the topic the dog very interesting on this dogs racing style from 4 pervious starts in NZ from box 1. Still feel Craig has been hard done by. JCA will always back thier stipes to save face.

5 hours ago, pilli said:

Bus Stop "Swings & Roundabouts".Perhaps Dyna Dave would not have qualified without the lure malfunction!Wonder which scenario AC preferred!!

Pilli welcome back its being a while, dont see you around the traps when up that way. In my opinon in think Uthor Bale mid race sectional would of been to much for Dyna Dave to make up. But my punting results show other wise. Would love to Dave pull off a big one draw could be a problem with a lot of speed drawn inside. Be a great race what ever the outcome 

17 hours ago, bus stop said:

Uthor Bale has been withdrawn from the cup appeal dismissed. If able watch this weeks Dogzone on the topic the dog very interesting on this dogs racing style from 4 pervious starts in NZ from box 1. Still feel Craig has been hard done by. JCA will always back thier stipes to save face.

The dog turned its head to the right. The rules are their to stop this

On 2/25/2020 at 1:56 PM, Craig Symes said:

52.8 A determination conducted pursuant to this Rule will render any Greyhound ineligible to be a Reserve Greyhound if times are a factor in the selection of Reserve Greyhounds.

5 x 2 = 10

There were no Dead Heats for 2nd, so times were not a factor in the selection of reserves.

32 minutes ago, Pickel said:

But NEVER at any stage did Uthor Bale “fail to pursue”.

If the rule didn’t exist, there would not be a single person calling for it to be written after watching Uthor smash them.

Are you daft? The moment his head turned to the right, he failed to pursue the lure for that moment as he was looking elsewhere I.e. not pursuing the lure. Pretty straightforward I thought. Nothing more to discuss really

Saying "what If the rule did not exist?" Is just as stupid as implying he did not fail to pursue because the rule does exist just for this type of scenario.

I'm sure connections are gutted as would anyone be in this situation but rules are clear. Winning a race by 5L doesn't wipe clean the fact the dogs head turned right for those few moments. 

On 2/29/2020 at 7:57 AM, Pickel said:

5 x 2 = 10

There were no Dead Heats for 2nd, so times were not a factor in the selection of reserves.

Your statement is wrong.

The reserves for this race were the slowest two 2nds by time.

52.8 A determination conducted pursuant to this Rule will render any Greyhound ineligible to be a Reserve Greyhound if times are a factor in the selection of Reserve Greyhounds.

The 10 dog did not have a time so is not eligible to be a reserve.

So the fact is the 10 dog should be in the final 8 dogs selected to race in the final or not in the field altogether.

:) :) 

Somehow Failure to Pursue picked up the Definition “turned head” which really meant to say “turned head AND FAILED TO PURSUE”.  But I guess the author was so close to the subject that he took it for granted.

I think it’s safe to say that Failing to Pursue often involves turning the head.

But Head Turning of itself does NOT automatically mean FTP.

Also I remain VERY CONFIDENT that 5 x 2 = 10.

The rule is for “selection” of reserves NOT order of.

7 hours ago, Pickel said:

Somehow Failure to Pursue picked up the Definition “turned head” which really meant to say “turned head AND FAILED TO PURSUE”.  But I guess the author was so close to the subject that he took it for granted.

I think it’s safe to say that Failing to Pursue often involves turning the head.

But Head Turning of itself does NOT automatically mean FTP.

Also I remain VERY CONFIDENT that 5 x 2 = 10.

The rule is for “selection” of reserves NOT order of.

When you turn your head away purposely away from the lure, you have just failed to pursue the lure. Pursue literally means to follow or chase. If your head is turned, that means you are folowing something else at that moment. especially when its in the opposite direction of the lure LOL

The smartest dog I have ever seen, Misty Anna, when not leading, would look at the opponent in front of her approaching a corner.  If they railed she accelerated to the outer, if they stayed off the rail, she cut inside them.  She definitely looked at them before a corner, but never failed to pursue.

Uthor jumped awkwardly, and whilst getting balanced, understandably checked if the seven runners outside him were going to mash him into the rail, but he never failed to pursue. 

In the infamous Blazin Carter case, he is hit from the inside and then outside and naturally has a look at what hit him, but never failed to pursue.