RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
lamour

Syndicates

The ATC had a lot of success in the past with their syndicates.   Are the still involved in that?  I ask because I didn’t notice them buying any at the recent sales.   NZ Met also did it in previous years.  Didn’t see them buying either.  

1 hour ago, lamour said:

The ATC had a lot of success in the past with their syndicates.   Are the still involved in that?  I ask because I didn’t notice them buying any at the recent sales.   NZ Met also did it in previous years.  Didn’t see them buying either.  

Rod Carr used to run those, not sure if he still does or they are still operating. Given ATC’s problems, maybe not.

I've been in many of these so can give up to date and accurate FACTS and opinion on this before the keyboard warriors launch into comments from 'a friend of a friend' or from 'mother-in-law research'.

The ATC has a current syndicate in operation with 3 x 3yr olds in race condition .Bet West won on the grass recently, one other pacer is about to trial after a couple of placings in spring ,while a trotter had its first start last week.

The previous syndicate is being wrapped up after 2 race winner Park Avenue was injured soon after a long break from injury.

After a good run of success ,interest fell away and as regulars drop out the regular feedback/research showed that filling 50 shares as previous in current climate would be very difficult.

In the halcyon days of ATC syndicates ,say 2002 to 2012 most of the members were over 60 years old so this a factor as it it with Harness followers in general.

Rod moved from Auckland as well...big shoes to fill.....the current Mgr is Andrew who also races/owns the odd horse of his own.

The Met ones had a similar 'history'.....when research shows interest is dropping off then little point in forming one.

There was an offshoot of a group of folk from the Met syndicate , and I know some joined the very successful Alabar syndicate which races Chase Auckland among others.

I certainly enjoyed my time in both syndicates and shared the excitement in many wins , several group wins and social events ,visits to stables and races in Australia.One year there was 3 x syndicate horses in the NZ Cup.For a while the Met synd. included membership of the Club..an added Bonus !

One major factor was the competition in ownership ,plus technology .Technology now allows folk the opportunity to be aware of the options available and many trainers now offer inexpensive entry in to horse ownership to well managed and run syndicates.It's very easy to buy small shares now at the click of the mouse.

Horse syndicators also need to follow certain rules and regulations so everything transparent....in theory at least.

If there is a drop off ,it no different from the overall drop caused by the lack confidence and trust in racing in general.

Still a great way to become involved...IMO

2 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

I've been in many of these so can give up to date and accurate FACTS and opinion on this before the keyboard warriors launch into comments from 'a friend of a friend' or from 'mother-in-law research'.

The ATC has a current syndicate in operation with 3 x 3yr olds in race condition .Bet West won on the grass recently, one other pacer is about to trial after a couple of placings in spring ,while a trotter had its first start last week.

The previous syndicate is being wrapped up after 2 race winner Park Avenue was injured soon after a long break from injury.

After a good run of success ,interest fell away and as regulars drop out the regular feedback/research showed that filling 50 shares as previous in current climate would be very difficult.

In the halcyon days of ATC syndicates ,say 2002 to 2012 most of the members were over 60 years old so this a factor as it it with Harness followers in general.

Rod moved from Auckland as well...big shoes to fill.....the current Mgr is Andrew who also races/owns the odd horse of his own.

The Met ones had a similar 'history'.....when research shows interest is dropping off then little point in forming one.

There was an offshoot of a group of folk from the Met syndicate , and I know some joined the very successful Alabar syndicate which races Chase Auckland among others.

I certainly enjoyed my time in both syndicates and shared the excitement in many wins , several group wins and social events ,visits to stables and races in Australia.One year there was 3 x syndicate horses in the NZ Cup.For a while the Met synd. included membership of the Club..an added Bonus !

One major factor was the competition in ownership ,plus technology .Technology now allows folk the opportunity to be aware of the options available and many trainers now offer inexpensive entry in to horse ownership to well managed and run syndicates.It's very easy to buy small shares now at the click of the mouse.

Horse syndicators also need to follow certain rules and regulations so everything transparent....in theory at least.

If there is a drop off ,it no different from the overall drop caused by the lack confidence and trust in racing in general.

Still a great way to become involved...IMO

A long way from Brabham and Co TM, and the shenanigans surrounding that lot......:rolleyes:

There are a few catches with running syndicates, first off trying to raise money to buy horses is pretty difficult, raising money for horses already purchased is easier but someone has to front with the cash and take the risk. Advertising prices for syndicates is not allowed unless your a registered syndicater,  running a registered syndicate and following all the rules is not cheap. Success definitely breeds success but you have to be very lucky,  robert and john have picked out 7 winners from 7 so far from the sales,  I'm hopping the 2 we picked up this year will continue that strike rate, touch wood

Does any one know what ever happened to the goHarness syndicates / syndicator? 

They once were prominent but seem to have disappeared!

I seem to remember them purchasing 3 yearlings at the 2019 standardbred yearling sales? 

Don't know who or what they are, trotters, pacers, colts, geldings or fillies.

Have these now two year olds appeared on the track.

9 hours ago, MAJESTIC said:

Does any one know what ever happened to the goHarness syndicates / syndicator? 

They once were prominent but seem to have disappeared!

I seem to remember them purchasing 3 yearlings at the 2019 standardbred yearling sales? 

Don't know who or what they are, trotters, pacers, colts, geldings or fillies.

Have these now two year olds appeared on the track.

Saw the goharness colours at Rangiora trials on friday from a distance, looked like jack Harrington wearing them.