RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
dkc

Ben Hope

LUELLA - shifted inwards over the final stages and locked wheels with the improving MINI MINE YET (S O'Reilly) placed 2nd. Stewards lodged a protest against 1st placing being awarded alleging interference and after viewing the replays and hearing evidence from Stewards, driver B Hope (assisted by J Dunn) and S O'Reilly (assisted by G O'Reilly) the JCA upheld the protest and relegated LUELLA to 2nd place. An associated charge under Rule 869(3)(b) was lodged against B Hope with the matter adjourned to a later date. Stewards also opened an inquiry into the conduct of G Hope when assisting B Hope in this matter.

A decent holiday might curb his youthful exuberance and bring him back to earth. Obviously Dad flipped as well which is never a good look so he will no doubt be making a payment to JCA shortly

Greg

The kid had no control over the horse from half way around the home turn, so a bit silly that his old man goes in and loses it.

For some reason lefties always look "untidy" when driving a horse out at the end of a race and he's definitely at the upper end of the "untidy lefties". He could do with a left handed mentor to work on his technique eg Mark Jones. Tactically he's as good as any his age, but control seems to go out the window up the home straight quite often.

Maybe a few lessons from someone very cool in the cart ... oh I dunno, maybe RT May. I hear he's got a bit of free time on his hands at the moment!

2 hours ago, Flawed Genius said:

h I dunno, maybe RT May. I hear he's got a bit of free time on his hands at the moment!

You can lead a horse to water but cant make them risten. Probably a good move RIU decided to halt proceedings till a later date as the red was losing it by all accounts

Greg

I think our junior drivers are hard done by when it comes to suspensions. When they are doing things wrong they need a mentor that came help them to change. Sitting on the sideline does nothing

Ben is a great young chap but he needs to change things. Look at where his hands are when driving a horse. He rests his arns on his legs and has his hands way back on the reins. No control if he needs to take hold..Then when it's all out to the finish he throws the reins at them. Hope he doesn't take this to heart but there are plenty of senior horse men or women that I think would only be happy to help. All he needs to do is ask and be prepared to listen. 

13 minutes ago, dkc said:

I think our junior drivers are hard done by when it comes to suspensions.

Part and parcel of being a licensed person is that you:  ,know the rules and abide by such rules. He has been around long enough to drive to a level of abilty where he has full control of his horse. He has demonstrated in the past no such control with his high and back to body hand carriage and as you say his arms on his  legs.

He looks shocking in a finish as there's arms going here there and anywhere..  Be interesting to see whether he changes his style at Ashvegas tomorrow.

Greg

9 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

LUELLA - shifted inwards over the final stages and locked wheels with the improving MINI MINE YET (S O'Reilly) placed 2nd. Stewards lodged a protest against 1st placing being awarded alleging interference and after viewing the replays and hearing evidence from Stewards, driver B Hope (assisted by J Dunn) and S O'Reilly (assisted by G O'Reilly) the JCA upheld the protest and relegated LUELLA to 2nd place. An associated charge under Rule 869(3)(b) was lodged against B Hope with the matter adjourned to a later date. Stewards also opened an inquiry into the conduct of G Hope when assisting B Hope in this matter.

A decent holiday might curb his youthful exuberance and bring him back to earth. Obviously Dad flipped as well which is never a good look so he will no doubt be making a payment to JCA shortly

Greg

John Dunn not Greg Hope assisted Ben on this matter. Greg flipping out as you call it was directed at one particular stipe on a totally different matter. Dont believe everything you read and don’t assume you know all the facts.

True Nina - BUT the stipes need to be spoken to if what you say is correct.    I think the inaccurate reporting is a contributing factor  as to why this conclusion has been reached by the "uninformed" and I am sure you must agree.   If the inquiry against Greg was unrelated to the enquiry against Ben this should be made clear.     My conclusion (again uninformed) says there appears to be some "bad blood" here

9he/hr

12 hours ago, Nina Hope said:

John Dunn not Greg Hope assisted Ben on this matter. Greg flipping out as you call it was directed at one particular stipe on a totally different matter. Dont believe everything you read and don’t assume you know all the facts.

It said that J Dunn assisted Ben in the report. The fact was his drive was relegated and he is facing a careless driving charge. G Smith was the last one charged under the rule, at recent Blenheim meeting and he copped a $300 fine.

22 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Obviously Dad flipped as well which is never a good look so he will no doubt be making a payment to JCA shortly

A true statement is it not irrespective of what it was over.

Greg

Given a 2 day suspension for careless driving on the relegated horse. Fair enough i suppose given how many drives he has these days. Would not need reappear for a while though without  incurring the wrath of Stewards.

Greg

And I'm not having a go at Ben Hope.

I have given him plently of good raps before on different forums. I think he is a good horseman. But jesus, he might just need a freshen up or something for a bit. 

3 hours ago, john legend said:

yes 2 more favourites bight the dust. the gap just wasn't wide enough for Ben to come through. IMHO.:rcf-sad-4:

Clearly you have no idea what you were watching, Sam Thornley came out sharply pushing Bens horse under Sarah’s. Sarah’s horse had more momentum so they locked wheels. Not Bens fault at all although if he pulled his horse towards Sarah’s not away from it they would of got unlocked easier. 

I didn't start this post to bag Ben. 

I started it to point out a flaw in his driving style and point out that there seems to be little follow up and help when juniors get suspended. There should be a process that helps them fix these flaws 

People like Maurive McKendry, Colin De filippi, Clark Barron. They are 3 people that come to mind with experience who would be perfect candidates to help

Horses run for Ben which is a gift.

He is not the only one that needs help all juniors do. Have a look at the juniors races at Invercargill on Friday and Oamaru on Sunday. These young people are our future. Let's invest in them by giving them the best advise available and being honest, tell them when they need to adjust instead of worrying about hurting the feelings. 

Youthful exuberance is great but it seems in every junior race there is a novel written about it in the stripes report.

Cyril, apologies in order I did see it differently today . (did they switch replays on me?, )agree noones fault, however to untangle you don't just look at the problem you try to solve it not break the 2 carts. I also agree with DKC. All juniors are still learning and without their willingness to work long hours for little reward there is no future for harness racing. 

3 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

All was not lost for the Hope stable though Spicey Girl Becqui given a lovely drive by TW won at really nice odds. :rcfe-happy-1: No Ben on this one.

Greg

Really....... What did you possibly have to gain from that comment..... I could give the whole game away right  now ....... there are some really shitty people in this world.....