RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

harness racing yearling sales 2020

42 minutes ago, john legend said:

rue JJ , film from 1960s was called Mclintock    . and John Wayne played main character George Washington Mclintock. The  current G.Mclintock may need John Wayne's 6 guns to end up in profit..!!    But good luck to him... 

Thanks John

Good luck to the new entrant although i fear the only thing the 2 McKlintocks have in common thusfar is dry land farming!!

Greg

yes JJ some sires not popular with purchasers. the one I mentioned before the sale was a rocknroll dance and maybe in that category.however I would caution sellers just look at the result pages most weeks eg. last night addington… 2 wins and 1 unlucky second beating sires fetching over 50000 at sales.and congrats to RRD buyers as you have every chance to have a good horse at bargain pricing.  

On 2/20/2020 at 11:58 AM, john legend said:

lets hope they do spend a little more time on the lower priced horses . it seemed these appeared a nuisance for the auctioneers who are used to "giving away" thoroughbreds cheaply at say 30000 when average 100000.   I know I will get flack but if you can auction a colt out of Lancewood Lizzie and talk about American Ideal and other mares further down the page and barely mention the great pacing mare who set nz records was Older pacing mare of year G1 winner and 13 wins and 260000 in the bank. I believe the purchaser got a bargain at $45000 when my valuation would be around double.If NZB had someone who knew Lancewood lizzie I am sure a better price would have resulted.

She often had her tail tied back for the races I noticed. Maybe someone might tell us why it is done ?