RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pogo(aus)

Contributer

1 hour ago, jeepers said:

Hopefully the horse has got over his serving issues which were a disaster for my mare in the 2019 season,especially when the stud phones you from the serving barn saying the horse won't serve my mare,without telling you the truth as to why. Not the way to treat a client who patronized them for 5years..Sadly I didn't want to risk another season at that stud in 2020.

Didn’t you get another go gratis Jeepers ? Would have thought the Stud would want to preserve the good PR ? 
Given the successes lately, that might not be a priority now though....🤔

5 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Didn’t you get another go gratis Jeepers ? Would have thought the Stud would want to preserve the good PR ? 

It's a long story which I won't air on here after another shady deal,so a month later pulled all horses out of NZ.The success of Contributer is of little concern. But I wish the stallion well.Maybe Darley, who are exceptional to deal with, will take him back one day.

On 3/9/2021 at 4:50 PM, jeepers said:

Hopefully the horse has got over his serving issues which were a disaster for my mare in the 2019 season,especially when the stud phones you from the serving barn saying the horse won't serve my mare,without telling you the truth as to why. Not the way to treat a client who patronized them for 5years..Sadly I didn't want to risk another season at that stud in 2020.

Feel your frustration Jeepers...... A bit of honesty from the stud would have gone a long way..... Then you could have made an imformed decision regarding the rest of the season. Not all of us are "Silver Spooners" so money spent on grazing, vets etc is usually hard earned...... Is in my case anyway....... 🙄

On 3/9/2021 at 6:03 PM, Ohokaman said:

As a wise old man told me - Stud masters only want to be your friend just prior to the breeding season 🤣😂🏇

On 4/21/2021 at 9:48 PM, Kingshill said:

Contributers 2021 fee been announced at $22000😯

A tad steep I thought,but good luck to them if they can get him patronised at that fee. 

Certainly made a promising start🏇

Mongolian Khan in front of him in Caulfield Stakes few years back  , they be hard push to put MK  at a grand this year on the evidence of the prices achieved in the Rider Horse clear out tonight on gavelhouse . I suppose a glut  on the market all at once hasn't don't him any favours pricewise tonight ..

29 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Mongolian Khan in front of him in Caulfield Stakes few years back  , they be hard push to put MK  at a grand this year on the evidence of the prices achieved in the Rider Horse clear out tonight on gavelhouse . I suppose a glut  on the market all at once hasn't don't him any favours pricewise tonight ..

Red Rum without trying to hijack the Contributer thread from looking at Gavelhouse tonight a lot of the MK's were from mares who have had quite a few foals and many unraced/not of racing age and if Rider Horse were breeding to export the pedigrees take a hit - buyers want good types good presentation/leg shots current pedigrees. As for Contributer think the fee will show in mares served - he gets  a lot of missed mares for whatever reason but that in itself puts off breeders as eluded to above.