RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pogo(aus)

Contributer

This stallion seemed to have a low fertility rate in his second year and I have heard  of  a number of breeders that seemed to have missed this last season. Does he have a problem or was it just the season? I am told that his 2yo's seem to go alright in track work but none out there yet, not that one would expect them to make 2yo's

Pogo - one I bred is with Ellerton Zahra out of a staying mare so won't be early - had a couple of jumpouts at Flemington spelled back in work now - I'm not in the ownership just follow. I think they'll take a while...have heard nothing else about them tho

On 2/24/2020 at 3:15 PM, jeepers said:

This stallion seemed to have a low fertility rate in his second year and I have heard  of  a number of breeders that seemed to have missed this last season. Does he have a problem or was it just the season? I am told that his 2yo's seem to go alright in track work but none out there yet, not that one would expect them to make 2yo's

Hurt his willy quite badly. Happened season before last but didn't recover properly. Hopefully OK now

12 minutes ago, Berri said:

Hurt his willy quite badly. Happened season before last but didn't recover properly. Hopefully OK now

That is very disappointing to learn.A mare of ours that has never missed to early services, was still trying to get in foal in December. At an one stage we were phoned by the stud and  told the mare was in the serving barn but the horse wouldn't serve her, and do we want to use another of their stallions. Unfortunately she wasn't served that round, as the horse was obviously having problems. Shame we were not told the real facts at the start of the season so we could have booked to another commercial stallion elsewhere.

Annual Grazing fees and charges at the stud wasted.

2 hours ago, jeepers said:

Shame we were not told the real facts at the start of the season so we could have booked to another commercial stallion elsewhere.

Annual Grazing fees and charges at the stud wasted.

Wow....Fancy having your mares whole season wasted in this way :rcfe-dislike: not to mention your hard earned dollars on grazing, vets etc. 

Very frustrating..... 

On 10/4/2020 at 7:33 AM, pogo(aus) said:

looks like doing very well

lion's roar j o'shea a very good 3yo  win agin and i noticed follow your dreams @ riccarton was a nice win yesterday over 800 mr :huh: , and there is reportedly a very good one in a melbourne stable.:ph34r:

He was awesome in the spring champion today

the one that Maher / eustace took home looked a nice type 

On 5/11/2020 at 12:05 AM, Kingshill said:

Wow....Fancy having your mares whole season wasted in this way :rcfe-dislike: not to mention your hard earned dollars on grazing, vets etc. 

Very frustrating..... 

Took the mare to Australia in early August,served on a natural heat on 6 Sept and in foal straight away.One wonders if it was their stallion or incompetence.

16 hours ago, Bennoz said:

He was awesome in the spring champion today

the one that Maher / eustace took home looked a nice type 

storm giver (nz)

looks like there is a few promising ones about :ph34r:

Contributer is certainly kicking a few goals here and in Australia. 
Two starters and two winners at Matamata two days ago. 
Good class winners in Australia too. 
As three year olds they seem to like 1400m + but not always. 

On 12/29/2020 at 7:10 PM, jeepers said:

Yes there are plenty of Contributers running and going well but what of the Complacents. Are they around or are their temperaments in question.?

There was a Complacent filly who won impressively at Matamata about a month ago..... Since sold to Australia....... 

12 hours ago, Insider said:

There’s no doubting it now, he’s the goods 

Will be Interesting to see what his fee is this coming season 🤔

I wish Mapperley would add a test mating feature the their stallions page🏇

Hopefully the horse has got over his serving issues which were a disaster for my mare in the 2019 season,especially when the stud phones you from the serving barn saying the horse won't serve my mare,without telling you the truth as to why. Not the way to treat a client who patronized them for 5years..Sadly I didn't want to risk another season at that stud in 2020.