RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
voice of reason

vinny on madam hass

im always amazed how riders on a horse that is pulling ,will persist in fighting the horse for the entire race ...just let it go ,because a pulling/reefing horse is not going to win the race anyway...madam hass is the type that if let run and put a 4-5 length break on the feild ,might just hang on and win ...if the excuse is that they were trying to teach her to settle ,then do that at the trials ,not at ellerslie on a saturday when a $2 favourite...very unfortunate for j.waddell to be sick today

9 minutes ago, Shad said:

Very hard habit to break in my opinion, an old trainer fella would say, any bugger can teach them to pull, but I haven't seen many that can stop them from doing it.

Sprinter of many years ago comes to mind Nunui  could not be ridden in trackwork.

Trainers appear to want their horses settling and running on. They don't like them stopping off a fast pace.

Consequently punters want their horse handy on a firm track because that is where 80% of the winners come from.

Hence a lot of riding instructions are flawed....

Most races are run at a less than optimum pace. therefore many horses are left over racing.

21 minutes ago, 100 1 said:

Trainers appear to want their horses settling and running on. They don't like them stopping off a fast pace.

Consequently punters want their horse handy on a firm track because that is where 80% of the winners come from.

Hence a lot of riding instructions are flawed....

Most races are run at a less than optimum pace. therefore many horses are left over racing.

Introduce pacemakers, drawn one, same as athletics then?

1 minute ago, arjay said:

Introduce pacemakers, drawn one, same as athletics then?

Nah trainers need to wake up 

Stipes reprimand riders for cutting throats in the lead but do zilch when a leader walks them and  jocks capable of improving do nothing.and gift the race.

56 minutes ago, 100 1 said:

Nah trainers need to wake up 

Stipes reprimand riders for cutting throats in the lead but do zilch when a leader walks them and  jocks capable of improving do nothing.and gift the race.

That's true

voice of reason bit tough on Vinny! He rode her at her last start. She raced keenly outside the leader that day, led at the 350 and weakened to finish fourth. Connections I think would have changed tactics yesterday. If Vinny had let her go as you suggest I doubt if she would have even run third. Quite often whether a horse pulls hard depends on it’s breeding. Madam Hass is out of an Elusive City mare. His progeny tended to be very hyper. She will eventually settle in her races and develop into a nice horse. She has done pretty well so far.

2 hours ago, gubellini said:

voice of reason bit tough on Vinny! He rode her at her last start. She raced keenly outside the leader that day, led at the 350 and weakened to finish fourth. Connections I think would have changed tactics yesterday. If Vinny had let her go as you suggest I doubt if she would have even run third. Quite often whether a horse pulls hard depends on it’s breeding. Madam Hass is out of an Elusive City mare. His progeny tended to be very hyper. She will eventually settle in her races and develop into a nice horse. She has done pretty well so far.

Sure Vinny will be riding to incorrect instructions yesterday.

As I said trainers don't like to see them stopping as in the previous race but the fact is she was beaten by Catylst, Run to Perfection and Bavella, and ran over 1 second faster than yesterday after being restrained and a sprint home

Therefore if allowed to stride forward she certainly would have been so much harder to beat.

Catylst race her time was  

Yesterday
Tells the story in a race with no pace

gubellini ,i maintain that giving her ,her head would at least mean she was in the race...,reefing and pulling and fighting vinny meant her chances were extinguished.

the first two came from well back ,and she would have had a good head start on them....sure ,she might have stopped in the straight...maybe she would hang on...we will never know.

cheers.

On 2/16/2020 at 9:05 AM, voice of reason said:

im always amazed how riders on a horse that is pulling ,will persist in fighting the horse for the entire race ...just let it go ,because a pulling/reefing horse is not going to win the race anyway...madam hass is the type that if let run and put a 4-5 length break on the feild ,might just hang on and win ...if the excuse is that they were trying to teach her to settle ,then do that at the trials ,not at ellerslie on a saturday when a $2 favourite...very unfortunate for j.waddell to be sick today

You watch Madames previous runs could you justify the short price Voice? Granted the ride wasnt his best but if you look back to the run on Jan 12 without Bosson crowding out Avadane she may have got there that day...easy with the benefit of hindsight i know :rcf-thinking: