RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Iraklis

What the.....

Oh knock it off Mick! I bloody knew some Einstein would come up with that rubbish sooner or later, no need for it.....Flawed, it seems that the boys are prone to fibrillation as well, couple of em did just that 2/3weeks ago.....

Cheers Iraklis

Flawed, I think we all know that the horses aint machines mate, yur preachin to the converted already.....The princess has only just come back in to racin, she has had some time out, my point being that it aint out of the ordinary, others do it too!

Cheers Iraklis

3 hours ago, Flawed Genius said:

My point being that you can only "red line" a horse for so long before something has to give. It just so happens that fillies tend to hit that wall earlier than colts and gelding do. But they all have a breaking point!

You seem to think there is a correlation between “red lining” (your words) a horse and a heart fibrillation

i think that you have no idea whatsoever

in my experience a heart fibrillation is completely random, and the frequency doesn’t distinguish between a top fully racing top opposition and a maiden in a 7 horse field in the boondocks

it is also not such a big deal in most cases. I’ve had one that fibrillated, salined her the next day and again after her trip home and 14 days later she won a double with the second win being an outstanding staying effort

Most old timers will tell you to saline a horse after a heart fibrillation,  worked for me

Mikie

Word Mikie :rcfe-smile: I asked my vet and he said the same, there is no one cause, but that dehydration, low electrolytes - sweating up loses vital hydration etc can be a factor, but it can happen to any horse it aint selective, and it doesn't necessarily mean the end of a racing career either.....

Flawed, what makes you think the Princess has been 'red lined' - thrashed (as in car racing thats what the term means) just because she's a very talented filly who knows how to run and win, do you really think Mark and Nat are the type of people who would do that to their precious bloodstock, come on now......

Cheers Iraklis