RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
John Gavin

Fixed odd rules

I just collected a fixed bet I put on yesterday, my odds were 81/17, there was one scratching in the morning and the horse morning price was 101/21.At the race close 71/13.

my collect was $83.64 Why did I lose $14.26 .

If the bet was either a Final Field Win bet or Final Field Top 3, and your selection was scratched, you will receive a full refund.

If another runner is scratched your bet may be subject to a deduction. If the scratched runner was paying under $35 your runner will be subject to a deduction. If the scratched runner was paying $36, or over, then there will be no deduction.

2 hours ago, John Gavin said:

I just collected a fixed bet I put on yesterday, my odds were 81/17, there was one scratching in the morning and the horse morning price was 101/21.At the race close 71/13.

my collect was $83.64 Why did I lose $14.26 .

No deductions for “All In” bets but certainly deductions for “ final field” bets in the event of scratchings as described by barryb.

On a slightly different note.........

If you take a multi that incl a fixed place on a "Paying four places" race like the Avondale Guineas today.........Is running 4th effectively a win for your multi??   Thanks

The TAB are pricing these as a first 4 market eh - i.e. Kiwi Ida and Volpe were about $13 to win and $1.70 to place last week!

19 minutes ago, Mattski said:

On a slightly different note.........

If you take a multi that incl a fixed place on a "Paying four places" race like the Avondale Guineas today.........Is running 4th effectively a win for your multi??   Thanks

The TAB are pricing these as a first 4 market eh - i.e. Kiwi Ida and Volpe were about $13 to win and $1.70 to place last week!

Yes