RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

No Avondale

Avondale Races Cancelled

Due to a lack of horses the Avondale Races for Wednesday 19 February have been cancelled. A Mdn 1200m and Mdn 3YOF 1400m (Pearl Race) have been added to the Counties programme on 27 February. NZTR and the club are open to dividing a further race at Counties if necessary.

It is fairly obvious that Auckland is not the place to hold low key industry meetings as none of the horses are trained there. Hold the low key meetings where the horses are to keep transport costs down.

Radical idea: why not hold the Avondale Cup and Avondale Guineas at Avondale. Bet no one thought of that.

And if the place is a "dump", like many others, get the bulldozer out. A lot of NZ racecourses would benefit from the bulldozer going through those old public facilities. Build something small, functional and multipurpose in their place. Use a standard design. 

If anyone has been to Mornington you will know racecourses don't need massive grandstands.They have had their day; much like most rugby grandstands.

35 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

It is fairly obvious that Auckland is not the place to hold low key industry meetings as none of the horses are trained there. Hold the low key meetings where the horses are to keep transport costs down.

Radical idea: why not hold the Avondale Cup and Avondale Guineas at Avondale. Bet no one thought of that.

And if the place is a "dump", like many others, get the bulldozer out. A lot of NZ racecourses would benefit from the bulldozer going through those old public facilities. Build something small, functional and multipurpose in their place. Use a standard design. 

If anyone has been to Mornington you will know racecourses don't need massive grandstands.They have had their day; much like most rugby grandstands.

Exactly it makes absolutely no difference to who goes on Industry days whether the stands are flash or not. 

Hell why not hold industry day races in the provinces where there is a bit of a horse population and locals will support the meeting because they give a rassu about it.

The programming and Calendar have clearly not been optimised!

Be interesting to see who nominated horses for the Avondale meeting, with some very keen to see it sold up.

1 minute ago, We're Doomed said:

I still however think a public grandstand would come in handy at Riccarton.

No doubt about it, but they aren't needed to the degree some say they are for smaller meetings run for turnover to get horses through the grades etc etc.

20 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Hardly surprising. Recent fields up north have been appalling with tiny fields racing for $30,000+. The dates and programming are all wrong.

Could you put up what your proposed dates would have been for the Northern Region for this season for Dec Jan and Feb then please.

4 minutes ago, SMD is rife said:

Could you put up what your proposed dates would have been for the Northern Region for this season for Dec Jan and Feb then please.

There are times when I would probably have a go at that, but really I just can't be bothered, what's the point. I do have lots of other work to do. I do come on here quite regularly and hand out my well considered ideas for free, so I do do my bit.

I think it must be fairly obvious to most people that there are too many poorly programmed meetings in the north and not enough horses. A really simple option would be to take all the licences off Tauranga. That high staked meeting at Tauranga two days before Te Rapa attracted terrible fields and detracted from Te Rapa as well. No one would really notice if Tauranga closed down.

1 hour ago, SMD is rife said:

Even better why dont you put up your suggestions, as you seem to be trolling...lets see if you have a valid argument for what WD is saying.

19 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Caloundra - the best country race track facilities ! 

6 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Fantastic place , one of my favorite tracks . Well designed .

I have never been there so I don't know what the public facilities are like, but as far as racecourse design goes it is one of my favourite tracks as well. I would love to see Timaru remodelled based on that Caloundra layout.

2 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I have never been there so I don't know what the public facilities are like, but as far as racecourse design goes it is one of my favourite tracks as well. I would love to see Timaru remodelled based on that Caloundra 

Designed for the warm climate , loads shades , plenty of terminals , easy to get around saddling , birdcage , viewing good , it's a real winner .

Avondale is not a dump. In fact the facilities are equal of any club in NZ. All one has to do is close ones eyes to the public grandstand. Due for demolition anyway.

All the boxes get ticked. Ample parking, easy back and front parade viewing, Handy bar, and view locations. All thats missing is people.