RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

Craig Rail.

Is he not doing anymore race calling, i see they have this guy Evans i think it  is now a permanent in Otago for all three codes, but i noted he didnt do Wingatui  2 weeks ago and Davey Mac did, will we hear him again or not,im not really keen on aussies doing our race although he was ok ,but we need our own style.

Apparently he was "filling in" which wasnt announced when he was appointed. He did a very good job however.

I think guys like him, Teaz, and Evans get a pretty rough deal. Teaz is outstanding and I prefer him over anyone in NZ. Knows his stuff, knows the real industry participants, and calls a great race. We need to look after guys like him. Evans will be the next caller for the CD if those "in the know" actually know anything at all. There's a few callers who get the royal treatment and some have been red carpeted to their prominent roles - God knows how. We should also spare a thought for a guy like Tom Wood who could have given up completely after the way he was treated. He's having the last laugh now though.

18 minutes ago, THE TORCH said:

Apparently he was "filling in" which wasnt announced when he was appointed. He did a very good job however.

I think guys like him, Teaz, and Evans get a pretty rough deal. Teaz is outstanding and I prefer him over anyone in NZ. Knows his stuff, knows the real industry participants, and calls a great race. We need to look after guys like him. Evans will be the next caller for the CD if those "in the know" actually know anything at all. There's a few callers who get the royal treatment and some have been red carpeted to their prominent roles - God knows how. We should also spare a thought for a guy like Tom Wood who could have given up completely after the way he was treated. He's having the last laugh now though.

That's amazing. I thought Craig was incredibly good. He did a brilliant job on the coast circuit.

Craig was never offered the full time Otago job as he didn’t want to move to Dunedin having just moved to Invercargill from Victoria for family reasons. He was just used as cover as Jason Teaz quit suddenly and Evans was supposed to start early in the season but has only arrived recently. You’d have to think Craig is the obvious replacement when Davie Mac retires

As for the North Teaz should replace Aaron White and Sherwin would be an upgrade on George

9 hours ago, Cyril Rioli said:

Craig was never offered the full time Otago job as he didn’t want to move to Dunedin having just moved to Invercargill from Victoria for family reasons. He was just used as cover as Jason Teaz quit suddenly and Evans was supposed to start early in the season but has only arrived recently. You’d have to think Craig is the obvious replacement when Davie Mac retires

As for the North Teaz should replace Aaron White and Sherwin would be an upgrade on George

It is a 2.5 hour drive from Invercargill to Dunedin. George Simon and Tony Lee would travel further than that for most of the meetings they do.