RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Racing Bill Submissions

35 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

What rubbish , the asset is owned by the club not the local community and no doubt when Stratford closes and the horses move down the road veterinarian Mr Blue will have to travel a little further apply his trade . One things for sure without NZracing paying all stake money the club would quickly fold .

Without the clubs putting on the events that earn the money to pay for the stakes NZTR would have little to do and no money to pay out for stakes.

Have any small racing clubs thought of donating to a pollitical party  foundation if they have any spare funds . Just thinking some racing people have according to media reports donated to some kind of fund    , although I suppose you would have to do due diligence first to see if any donation has benefited them in any way . Has anything been done for big breeders , like tax breaks for high end yearlings or new tracks paid for in area where their horses trained . That kind of thing prior to putting in any cash .I don't know maybe the donations have yielded nothing for donors or more likely they did it for all round good for all in industry .

46 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

What rubbish , the asset is owned by the club not the local community and no doubt when Stratford closes and the horses move down the road veterinarian Mr Blue will have to travel a little further apply his trade . One things for sure without NZracing paying all stake money the club would quickly fold .

T A. They don’t have a race date and I’m sure that they won’t go belly up. Dr Blue shouldn’t have to go further to ply his trade.
Doesn't your assertion about stake money apply to o most of NZ Racing Clubs or are you just saying Stratford would fold.

1 minute ago, Whyisit said:

T A. They don’t have a race date and I’m sure that they won’t go belly up. Dr Blue shouldn’t have to go further to ply his trade.
Doesn't your assertion about stake money apply to o most of NZ Racing Clubs or are you just saying Stratford would fold.

Tell me , how much do you think it costs a club to maintain a track like Stratford , day to day costs without upgrading facility's ?, I'll have a wild guess , $100.000 plus , if that's anywhere near the cost they won't last long .

12 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Tell me , how much do you think it costs a club to maintain a track like Stratford , day to day costs without upgrading facility's ?, I'll have a wild guess , $100.000 plus , if that's anywhere near the cost they won't last long .

why dont you look up their balance sheet off the Incorporated Societies Website.

26 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Wild is right. Are you completely mad? They make virtually no money from their raceday anymore. If you take that and the related raceday expenses out, they have about $200,000pa of revenue and a similar amount of expenses. Not racing would make no difference to the clubs viability. And they have 100k of cash and about $2m net assets. From a business standpoint it makes no difference whether they race or not.

39 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Wild is right. Are you completely mad? They make virtually no money from their raceday anymore. If you take that and the related raceday expenses out, they have about $200,000pa of revenue and a similar amount of expenses. Not racing would make no difference to the clubs viability. And they have 100k of cash and about $2m net assets. From a business standpoint it makes no difference whether they race or not.

Excellent , so the track was established for racing  with the help farmers and business men (not the council) way back in time , they wanted racing and that must be the focus of the club .

$2 MILLION IN ASSETS (nice) , invested wisely in RACING the club will prosper , that's what the people who established the track would have done , it was their investment , racing is what they wanted .

Do you really think the people who established the track would want it handed over to the council , what do you think they will do with it , that's right quietly cash it in  , racing must be the first priority of the club .

48 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

48 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Excellent , so the track was established for racing  with the help farmers and business men (not the council) way back in time , they wanted racing and that must be the focus of the club .

$2 MILLION IN ASSETS (nice) , invested wisely in RACING the club will prosper , that's what the people who established the track would have done , it was their investment , racing is what they wanted .

You don’t get it TA .   The people who established the track did it to foster racing in Stratford not New Plymouth Hawera Or the rest of NZ.

The Club is being stripped of a Raceday at Stratford  in a last ditch effort by NZTR RITA to force them to relocate and prop up New Plymouth. .

55 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Do you really think the people who established the track would want it handed over to the council , what do you think they will do with it , that's right quietly cash it in  , racing must be the first priority of the club .

So you want one days Racing in New Plymouth to satisfy the pioneers against. 365 days to continue as a training track 

I know what would fostering  racing  in  Stratford would mean to the poineers .

13 hours ago, Whyisit said:

So you want one days Racing in New Plymouth to satisfy the pioneers against. 365 days to continue as a training track 

I know what would fostering  racing  in  Stratford would mean to the poineers .

If those who established the track for the love of racing were still around I suspect  they would simply demand 4 days racing a year from NZracing and would get it . In return they would invest the $2 MILLION in New Plymouth , that would see the club thrive and provide racing with great facility's ,  that would be a win for most .

AA Travel , track to track 31 minutes .

17 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

How does the stake money keep them going?

8 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

If those who established the track for the love of racing were still around I suspect  they would simply demand 4 days racing a year from NZracing and would get it . In return they would invest the $2 MILLION in New Plymouth , that would see the club thrive and provide racing with great facility's ,  that would be a win for most .

AA Travel , track to track 31 minutes .

So you are happy to invest the poineers through to the presents hardwork take it out of freehold and put into a shakey lease agreement just for a raceday and as you have indicated before f*** the trainers, owners, stablehands, jockeys,horses etc.

8 hours ago, Huey said:

How does the stake money keep them going?

Do you really think a club like this could stump up the $85,000 that was up for grabs at their last meeting year after year (should be $185,000) and of course they have a premium date to operate , new years eve , holiday time .

If they don't invest in racing what will they do ? quietly go down the gurgler I suppose . Face it and get real , if racing is to survive change must happen . Racing is full of old people and the number of them is declining  .

19 minutes ago, Whyisit said:

So you are happy to invest the poineers through to the presents hardwork take it out of freehold and put into a shakey lease agreement just for a raceday and as you have indicated before f*** the trainers, owners, stablehands, jockeys,horses etc.

The pioneers wanted racing , they didn't want council involvement , they did it themselves . Seriously , change happens to everybody and if a few trainers have to relocate 30 minutes away sobeit .

And of course this type of change won't effect owners , stable hands or jockeys , they are people who have easy choices , trainers are the only ones who may find change challenging .

$2 MILLION , just do a deal with  the club, get them  to invest in new stables 30 minutes away and perhaps they will pay moving expenses , that type of thing . 

2 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Do you really think a club like this could stump up the $85,000 that was up for grabs at their last meeting year after year (should be $185,000) and of course they have a premium date to operate , new years eve , holiday time .

If they don't invest in racing what will they do ? quietly go down the gurgler I suppose . Face it and get real , if racing is to survive change must happen . Racing is full of old people and the number of them is declining  .

Get real TA racing just doesn’t rely on race days.  Somebody has to produce the product to race sitting on your arse with four race days at New Plymouth doesn’t produce any horses to race..

They are investing in racing with their training and their accounts show they are doing well enough to not go down the gurgler.There are plenty of young people investing their lives training at Stratford.  Most go the whole hog broodmares to racehorses.

7 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

The pioneers wanted racing , they didn't want council involvement , they did it themselves . Seriously , change happens to everybody and if a few trainers have to relocate 30 minutes away sobeit .

And of course this type of change won't effect owners , stable hands or jockeys , they are people who have easy choices , trainers are the only ones who may find change challenging .

$2 MILLION , just do a deal with  the club, get them  to invest in new stables 30 minutes away and perhaps they will pay moving expenses , that type of thing . 

Do you honestly think the trainers will go to New Plymouth They get horses in good numbers because of the lower rents and costs the club charges and in some cases they own their own stabling facilities 

. New Plymouth can’t handle what they have got now   Surprisingly I am told the NP trainers have to gone Stratford and Hāwera to gallop their horses so their track can have a month recovery .

wouldn't YOUR two million be better invested in a Bryely Park facility. .

The land and tracks are already there include the stabling as well that’s what I would call a goldmine investment in racing for the future.

The Club has been happy to help out the New Plymouth trainers in the hour of need.

NO NEED TO CHANGE ANYTHING

18 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

You need to educate yourself on how the funding policy works,  the stakes have next to nothing to do with the sustainability of a racing club,  particularly a country club. It's this type of ignorance that dilutes the industry,  next you'll be telling us NZTR fund the maintenance and upkeep  of these country tracks and there will therefore be a savings for the industry. 

It won’t matter a hoot soon. After the Bussutin/Young win in the G1 Blue Diamond, to go with all their other success in Oz, you’d have to wonder when the likes of Pike, Marsh and Co are going to leave NZ to Te Akau and Baker, and make the move. NZ Racing has nothing to offer them. 

20 minutes ago, Trump said:

It won’t matter a hoot soon. After the Bussutin/Young win in the G1 Blue Diamond, to go with all their other success in Oz, you’d have to wonder when the likes of Pike, Marsh and Co are going to leave NZ to Te Akau and Baker, and make the move. NZ Racing has nothing to offer them. 

I think I read some time ago Sharrock was going to OZ as prize money better , it hasn't gone up and he's still here getting winners . Maybe some just like being big fish in small pond and rather truck along than take on the next level in OZ . They will be doing ok financially I would guess as they get plenty winners .

Week in week out taking on OZ big guns 12 months a year that would take some big push .

John Sargent was a late mover but did have the gonads to do it. Today’s Hobartville win was a great reward. Chris Waller is the benchmark but one has to firstly have the balls to have a go. Some have the mettle some don’t. But at least those that tried and failed - had a go. The ones that sit in their comfort zone are the failures. Big fish in a small pond is no Gold Medal performance. 

10 hours ago, Trump said:

John Sargent was a late mover but did have the gonads to do it. Today’s Hobartville win was a great reward. Chris Waller is the benchmark but one has to firstly have the balls to have a go. Some have the mettle some don’t. But at least those that tried and failed - had a go. The ones that sit in their comfort zone are the failures. Big fish in a small pond is no Gold Medal performance. 

When you say, (quote) The ones that sit in their comfort zone are the failures, (End of quote) I presume that you are again referring to Pike and Marsh?

If so, what’s your take on the multiple number of Group and Stakes winners the two have had in Australia. 

Hasn’t Pike had a number of G I’s Australia and wasn’t yesterday, Trent and Natalie’s first G1 in Australia? 

P.S. Congratulations Trent and Natalie on your Blue Diamond one. Absolutely fantastic. 

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:
1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

I think Trump is making the point that NZ still produces outstanding trainers and jockeys ... and arguably breeders .. the two former often elect to emigrate and typically do very well, O’Sullivan, Logan, Walker, Marsh, Laxon, Bussutin / Young, Sargent, Waller, then McDonald, Cassidy, Childs, Collett, Thomson .... but there are those who cannot relocate for a multitude of reasons, but typically family ties or lack of financial resources 

That view of Trumps is quite reasonable I’d have thought, what he’s effectively saying is that if you’re good, and you stay in NZ, you’re only cheating yourself 

Hard to argue with that logic I’d have thought 

Exactly my point Peefor. I think that the likes of Marsh, Pike, Te Akau etc will do the odd Murray Baker hit and run on Oz, but they are young enough to have a go in the more competitive but also more lucrative Oz Racing environment. It’s not a general criticism of NZ Racing people - NZ Racing is rooted and opportunity beckons the likes of those mentioned above. Unfortunately, the Barryb’s of this world view it thru other eyes. Anyway, I’m off to Ballarat today to watch my bro-in-laws first ever racehorse (2.5% share) have its first start in a $35,000 2yo race. Very exciting for him!

30 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

A very conservative population that doesn’t embrace gambling 

This bit is the interesting one. Clearly every man and his dog is embracing Lotto right now, the reality is a large portion of the population DON'T see lotto as gambling, they see it more like a donation & are happy to gift away there money twice a week on minute odds of even the smallest of collects. This is done with the knowledge that Lotto sponsors  community projects from the losses of the many.

I have been involved in applications to the Lotto people for community minded projects.  It has been my experience that if the application does not specifically involve the Maori people or the McLiquor tribe any application, the detail of which is mind boggling, is a waste of time.